This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Worst idea Fans come up with?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  3. Worst idea Fans come up with?

User Info: RoyalDroneX

RoyalDroneX
3 months ago#21
making the game into an ARPG

this is a problem due to the market and how it works. Everyone jumped on open world because Skyrim succeeded market wise. People wanted to make their own Go game since Pokemon Go was popular.

last thing Pokemon needs to do is copy ARPGs because they're popular
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9017-6003 DC:5400-2358-7574 NID:TheChoujinVirus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mQScjlXbBE #torentialdownpour in a nutshell

User Info: SeizureGoat

SeizureGoat
3 months ago#22
kompletionist posted...
SeizureGoat posted...
Citrus_Flute posted...
PurpleMango posted...
For example, people preferring the fan made Litten evo that’s a big sinister looking cat, something we’ve seen a couple times already, over something new like Incineroar

... I wouldn't exactly call Incineroar, "new."

Yeah it's old as heck. Gen 7 is so last year.

It's a furry Machoke.

It's like your trying to make a point, but I have no idea why a gen 7 mon isn't new because a gen 1 pokemon exists.

It's it original? Don't care.

Is it new (like current gen new)? It is.

Sorry if I ruined some weird furry joke, you sick-o.
FC: 2079-7503-2122

User Info: PurpleMango

PurpleMango
3 months ago#23
Citrus_Flute posted...
PurpleMango posted...
Citrus_Flute posted...
PurpleMango posted...
For example, people preferring the fan made Litten evo that’s a big sinister looking cat, something we’ve seen a couple times already, over something new like Incineroar

Idk I haven’t seen a Pokémon based on a heel wrestler before

But the sinister/slick looking cat we’ve already seen from a couple Pokémon

I mean, yeah, that's true, but it's effectively another Fire starter that turns into a fighter, rather than... anything else. Yes, I know it's not a Fighting type... but come on, it's based on a heel, IE, a fighter.

Which to me has more personality and creativity than another plain bad cat

User Info: Zedek

Zedek
3 months ago#24
Drakaiser posted...
MohShuvuu posted...
more eevee cancer

more of your threads

User Info: kompletionist

kompletionist
3 months ago#25
SeizureGoat posted...
kompletionist posted...
SeizureGoat posted...
Citrus_Flute posted...
PurpleMango posted...

Yeah it's old as heck. Gen 7 is so last year.

It's a furry Machoke.

It's like your trying to make a point, but I have no idea why a gen 7 mon isn't new because a gen 1 pokemon exists.

It's it original? Don't care.

Is it new (like current gen new)? It is.

Sorry if I ruined some weird furry joke, you sick-o.

I'm pretty sure the reason that quotation marks were used on 'new' is because technically it is a new Pokemon, but its design is completely unoriginal.

User Info: ClassyOldHat

ClassyOldHat
3 months ago#26
Making it an Action RPG, partly because Game Freak doesn't have the competence to balance it, partly because I honestly don't mind turn based stuff.

And speaking of balance, I'd say balancing all Pokemon for any given format (don't know why you have to specify singles as if doubles doesn't have just as many non-viable Pokemon, but I can take a guess) while not a bad idea on paper, would be nigh impossible in practice. (Though they certainly could do more to bridge the power gaps.)

Honestly, most of your "worst ideas" come down to implementation.
Pokemon X Grass Safari (Oddish, Sawsbuck, Gogoat) FC: 4124-5539-4848 IGN: Zach

User Info: Krio Lv3

Krio Lv3
3 months ago#27
More Megas.

It's stupid Megas are a thing as is, most are OP as **** and break the game, if they aren't, there's no point in using them since they suck and you only get one so you should use the op Mega. They also are a waste because there are still bad old Pokemon that could use real evos and we are getting crap like Megas over it, and for Pokemon that are already good...? It's really stupid..
3DS FC (For Pokemon Mainly): 3582 - 9560 - 3048

kompletionist
3 months ago#28
Krio Lv3 posted...
More Megas.

It's stupid Megas are a thing as is, most are OP as **** and break the game, if they aren't, there's no point in using them since they suck and you only get one so you should use the op Mega. They also are a waste because there are still bad old Pokemon that could use real evos and we are getting crap like Megas over it, and for Pokemon that are already good...? It's really stupid..

I like the design on most Mega-Evos, but I agree that the only mons that get them are ones that really don't need the buff.

User Info: SuperSonicDBZ

SuperSonicDBZ
3 months ago#29
None of those strike me as terrible ideas. Just not good for main game ideas.

Like the all Pokemon being viable isn't possible in a main game. But it works in the Mystery Dungeon series.

A FEW fan Pokemon designs look better than some official ones if you ask me. Not many, but a few. And I wouldn't throw out the baby with the bathtub.

I wouldn't mind seeing an ARPG Pokemon game or an Open World Pokemon game either. Just again, not as a main game installment. Big ideas like that need to be tested and relatively well received in the community first.

You'd thought Pokken Tournament would have done well and yet...
An angry fanbase while loud and upset, is still a fanbase; a content fanbase is a quiet one... and also non-existent. So when fans are at their loudest: listen.

kompletionist
3 months ago#30
SuperSonicDBZ posted...
None of those strike me as terrible ideas. Just not good for main game ideas.

Like the all Pokemon being viable isn't possible in a main game. But it works in the Mystery Dungeon series.

A FEW fan Pokemon designs look better than some official ones if you ask me. Not many, but a few. And I wouldn't throw out the baby with the bathtub.

I wouldn't mind seeing an ARPG Pokemon game or an Open World Pokemon game either. Just again, not as a main game installment. Big ideas like that need to be tested and relatively well received in the community first.

You'd thought Pokken Tournament would have done well and yet...

I would love to play a PokeARPG but I agree it would have to be a spinoff.
The problem wirh Pokken tourney was all the one-button combos.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  3. Worst idea Fans come up with?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived