This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The game is a lot more enjoyable with Exp Share off

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  3. The game is a lot more enjoyable with Exp Share off

User Info: Missiletainn

Missiletainn
8 months ago#11
Moongeist posted...
The game is a lot more enjoyable when you just play how you want and don't concern yourself with how others play
FC: 3883-6019-3353

User Info: EmperorEhryn

EmperorEhryn
8 months ago#12
EXP share's really good for one thing, mass EV training.
King of Kings

User Info: Nabinator

Nabinator
8 months ago#13
Pokemon did give us difficulty modes, people just don't realise it

Exp share on: Easy
Exp share off: Normal
You have the right to have an opinion, but that doesn't mean your opinion is right

User Info: CrestedTax

CrestedTax
8 months ago#14
dorkman posted...
again why do we care about difficulty in a Pokemon Game? I have EXP share on and my Pokemon are maybe 5 levels ahead of the Totem Pokemon. I've battled every trainer too.

Some people like challenging games. For those who feel that the game is too easy, turning the exp share off is a good advice.
FC 5172-3452-9992

User Info: SymphonicGlory

SymphonicGlory
8 months ago#15
I turned exp share off before the first trial. My Pokemon are all still 1-5 levels above everything else and I'm a little bit past the second trial now. Feels like it'll take too the end of the second island before the game catches up with me and I didn't even do any grinding unless you count catching Pokemon.
FC: 5112-4220-0277

User Info: Zyguardian

Zyguardian
8 months ago#16
Agreed. I’m turning it on and off so I’m at the level I’m supposed to be at
it all comes together

User Info: SeizureGoat

SeizureGoat
8 months ago#17
Nabinator posted...

Using only Delibird w/ Present: Hard
FC: 2079-7503-2122

User Info: ShizuruKuwabara

ShizuruKuwabara
8 months ago#18
Nabinator posted...

Soloing the game with one Pokemon is objectively the best and easiest way to play any Pokemon game. EXP Share has no effect on that.

User Info: Luigi player

Luigi player
8 months ago#19
how is it not extremely difficult for you guys? maybe i just have bad pokemon (& fire starter..).

i beat the first and fourth totem without losing, but i lost against the other ones (2nd & 3rd). the 4th also was really really close and a super long battle (****ing annoying helper pokemon!!). i beat every existing trainer up until the points where i was (except for the cafe) but it was never enough. and now i just lost to the 2nd kahuna 3 times in a row before i beat her (used the freshly caught (untrained) nosepass from the grass to have a good defense mon with thunder wave and it even has rock slide).

my team is:
- torracat lv 28
- rockruff (event) lv 24 (substituted for kabuto lv 19 until the time is right for it to be able to evolve)
- paras lv 22
- noibat lv 25
- tentacool lv 25
- mankey lv 25 (was 23 or 24 before the kahuna)

all my mons except the starter are slower than her first even if i drop its speed with rock tomb, lol.

kabuto is ohko'd, tentacools bubblebeam doesn't even do half while it is put to red hp from one smack down.

mankey with z-cross chop is the only thing that really made it possible to beat her stuff. i also lost on the 2nd try bc of getting flinched.

it's fun that it's difficult, but it's a little annoying that almost no mons get trained up unless you put it at the front spot on your team (and the others get left behind). and switching often means getting 2hko'd, lol.

i dunno why all my mons in the mid 20s only have stats that are 1.5 of their level. :/ probably bc i don't fight wild pokemon for evs/exp.. they can't all have crap ivs.. i reset for some and only took ones with a decent nature (starter and rockruff are jolly).

for the 2nd trial i was pretty lost. no way to beat the totem mon with my team of torracat, rockruff and mankey. i trained up noibat from 10 to like 20 or something and caught a few other mons (tentacool and bagon, but i boxed bagon..) before going into the battle again. needless to say there were no trainers left to train with, so i trained in an sos battle against fomantis'. it took like an hour or more until it was lvl 20.

i also want to switch around some of my party members while playing through the game.. but when it takes hours to get like 3 levels for a single pokemon to level up and your only option is to grind on wild pokemon it's kinda annoying.

so like i said.. i definitely want it difficult, but it's kind of getting an annoying hassle without trainers to train up with if i'm losing against a strong opponent. or generally training up new members. i guess it'll get much better in a few levels when they slowly start evolving one after the other.

especially annoying is the fact that they just keep you in these restricted areas and everything is so made up for you that there is no exploring. all u do is follow their pre-determined path and there's no way to get to new trainers once you don't pass a trial/kahuna/whatever. -_-
I'm a the Luigi master!
www.freewebs.com/luigi_player/

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
8 months ago#20
Nabinator posted...

This, although, tbf, it's also Game Freak's fault for the worst showing/telegraphing of difficulty modes I've ever seen.

Azyle1 posted...
Disagree. I still use all my team and don't care for the tedium of grinding. That isn't hard, that's just tedious. To each their own.

There never (Poni Island be damned) needs to be any grinding involved even with EXP Share turned off.

So it's just playing the game on par with the level curve Vs not doing that and steamrolling.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world."
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  3. The game is a lot more enjoyable with Exp Share off

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived