This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  3. Curious about Mew.

User Info: LordBowser

LordBowser
2 years ago#1
Not directly relevant to the release of this game, but I've always liked the pokemon "Mew" ever since gen 1, and always wanted to obtain one legitimately. I've heard that there have been handouts recently but I've been inactive from Pokemon in general for a while.

Likewise, I know there is a way to obtain Mew from Pokemon Ranch... or something? But I have no idea how to get a Mew from that, to this generation, or if that's even still possible.

Basically, how do you get Mew, if you can even get one? Do they still do giveaways of Mew? Thanks for your time.

Joke responses are fine, but don't do it for my amusement... I really do want to know how to obtain Mew.
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!

User Info: Lm03

Lm03
2 years ago#2
legit mew has only been able to be obtained from events. the last event was the anniversary event where GF was giving out legendaries from each generation, including Mew.

however, there's a legit mew you can get on Pokemon Red through Glitches. even the VC version still retains the known glitches from back then, and one of them makes it able for you to get any pokemon you want randomly, from lvl1 mew, to lvl100 gengar and such.

don't remember much of the details since its been too long since i ever tried the glitch, but you can look for it on Youtube.

User Info: ShadowRisae

ShadowRisae
2 years ago#3
Mew is a mythical, or in other words an event-only Pokemon. They do give it away occasionally.

I think you can get Mew from Pokemon Ranch still, but you can't get it into these games directly. You'd have to get it into a generation 4 game, transfer it into a generation 5 game, transfer it into Pokemon Bank, and then put it in USUM.

Otherwise, it's just a waiting game for it to be released again. I don't know what region you're in, but the last time it was released in the US was in 2016 for the 20th anniversary. We don't know when they'll release it again. They inevitably will, but you might have to be patient and literally wait years and buy other games in the meantime.

My first legit Mew was the one they released at Toys R Us for Ruby/Sapphire back in 2006. Considering I've been into Pokemon since 1998, that was a long wait! :)
This isn't the signature that you're looking for.
(message deleted)

LordBowser
2 years ago#5
ShadowRisae posted...
I think you can get Mew from Pokemon Ranch still, but you can't get it into these games directly. You'd have to get it into a generation 4 game, transfer it into a generation 5 game, transfer it into Pokemon Bank, and then put it in USUM.

How does this process work? Out of curiosity.

ShadowRisae posted...
My first legit Mew was the one they released at Toys R Us for Ruby/Sapphire back in 2006.

Also, while we're on the topic, how did that work? I heard the gen 1 Mews were only given away in Japan events in person. Was this done the same way, as in an ingame trade?
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!

User Info: _____Cait

_____Cait
2 years ago#6
Most people used a Gameshark to get Mew back in gen 1
ORAS secret base: http://imgur.com/V9nAVrd
3DS friend code: 0173-1465-1236

LordBowser
2 years ago#7
_____Cait posted...
Most people used a Gameshark to get Mew back in gen 1

Obviously, but that isn't legitimate and is ultimately unsatisfying. Not to mention that cheated mews cannot be transferred elsewhere.

User Info: SageHarpuia

SageHarpuia
2 years ago#8
GameFreak releases event Mew every gen, just give it time
My name is Harpuia, one of the four Guardians of Master X and General of the Strong Air Battalion, The Rekku Army.

User Info: cloud_8f8f

cloud_8f8f
2 years ago#9
There is currently no way to obtain a Mew in Sun and Moon outside of transferring from past Gens with Bank.

User Info: CardTamer

CardTamer
2 years ago#10
LordBowser posted...
ShadowRisae posted...
My first legit Mew was the one they released at Toys R Us for Ruby/Sapphire back in 2006.

Also, while we're on the topic, how did that work? I heard the gen 1 Mews were only given away in Japan events in person. Was this done the same way, as in an ingame trade?

I remember this! Back then, it WAS an in-game trade. They literally just sent them cartiedges full of nothing but Mews, and had them trade them. I remember waiting in line, then trading a random, common Pokémon for Mew. By the time of the next giveaway, which was a Celebi for a mall tour, that had a machine that downloaded a Celebi into your game. I Remember this because the attendant operating it was nice and let get a Celebi for each compatible game that I brought. After that, Diamond/Peral came out and the mystery Gift system was used for everything.
"Sometimes crazy works." -Optimus Primal
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Ultra Sun
  3. Curious about Mew.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A