• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokken Tournament DX
  3. the avatar customization is... terrible

User Info: ZeroJinKui

ZeroJinKui
1 month ago#1
this is probably the worst avatar creation i've ever seen in a game.

i mean, CREATING your avatar, you get next to no options... gender, expression, and... eyebrow color?

eyebrow color also changes your eye color... but NOT your hair color.

you instead have to go to "my town" to change your hair color and style, etc...

in order to change your eyebrow color to match your hair, you need to change your "base", meaning your gender and everything.

but why does matching my eyebrows to my hair involve ALSO changing my eye color?!

...this is the single most brain dead attempt at avatar customization i've ever seen in my ENTIRE life.

they shouldn't have even bothered with it since they f***ed it up so such a degree, honestly.
Mortal lives are a litany of despair and treachery, only wrath can see you through the darkest days.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Enlino

Enlino
1 month ago#2
I really like the avatar, myself. The base options are fairly limited but there's a ridiculous amount of outfits you can unlock to play dressup with.

You do occasionally get stuff being linked together as a result (like eye/eyebrow color, or hat/hair color with some hair parts) but there's enough options it doesn't feel too limiting.

User Info: Gigaraver

Gigaraver
1 month ago#3
...Oh, I guess you mean the eyelash color. I certainly don't recall iris colors being restricted by eyebrow color choices.

Yeah I suppose color options could be wider, but the outfits and hairstyles is where it's at. My only gripe would be the common issue of having way more female options than male options. But it's hardly a low number, and you can definitely get quite creative once enough outfits are unlocked.

Accessory options comparably are limited as well. Note that there are extra items locked within the Mission Mode. My male avatar ensemble wasn't complete without completing some of those objectives.
Nintendo Switch FC - SW-1793-0112-3629
NNID - Hyperdon

User Info: theawesomestevr

theawesomestevr
1 month ago#4
Gigaraver posted...
...Oh, I guess you mean the eyelash color. I certainly don't recall iris colors being restricted by eyebrow color choices

No, I'm pretty sure they mean eyebrow color. I didn't mess much with customization after you make your character, but it was pretty noticeable both that there weren't many eye color options and that changing the color of the eyes also changed the brows, so I just left them as default.

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
1 month ago#5
ZeroJinKui posted...
in order to change your eyebrow color to match your hair, you need to change your "base", meaning your gender and everything.

Can you even do that, though? Is that like a full character re-roll? If so, do you lose the items you've unlocked?
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.

User Info: Enlino

Enlino
1 month ago#6
Zeus posted...
Can you even do that, though? Is that like a full character re-roll? If so, do you lose the items you've unlocked?
No, it’s just an option while customizing your character. You can change gender/skin color/etc at any time just like changing your clothes.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokken Tournament DX
  3. the avatar customization is... terrible
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A

Switching partner pokemon? General2 Answers
Can I play it offline? General1 Answer
Decidueye Combo Tutorial #5, what am I doing wrong? Main Quest4 Answers
Where do I find my vs. code? Tech Support1 Answer
DLC not working? General1 Answer