• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokken Tournament DX
  3. Play For Free! - Nintendo Switch Online members exclusive offer 7/29 - 8/4

User Info: NeonFXx

NeonFXx
1 month ago#11
Just an update: Charizard is at lvl 50 and I've just beat the Red League and promotion match (Mewtwo battle was tough though). Now weird things are happening with the story and it wont let me play the A-Rank league lol.
Professor Genkis Super Ethical Reality Climax is now underway!
"Murder-Time-Fun-Time!" ^.^

User Info: FelineCyborg

FelineCyborg
1 month ago#12
ive just been playing online. almost d3. most matches consist of me face stomping the opponent or them face stomping me. usually figure out their spam by end of 2nd match too little too late
"well, yeah, and a lot of minorities go to see minstrel shows, too." - PyroSpoon

FelineCyborg
1 month ago#13
holy f dragonite assist is clutch af. just beat a lucario hot on my ass with a dragonite assist follow up with a tippity tap of the beam. did like over 200 dmg. i had 4 hp left. i have like 3 or 4 videos of super stupid clutch wins, one was scizor doing an ult on me bringing me down to 1 hp and i came back. this game is dumb and for some reason im addicted

but yea dragonite with support cheer ....very good.

i like this game and i WOULD get it but honestly....not with other games out there. i can see why this failed. its nowhere near 60/40 dollars imo (not many games are tho to me) and right now i can get tekken7 deluxe w/season pass or soul calibur deluxe w/season pass for half the price. make it 20 and ill buy it on the spot, nintendo just asks too much for their games. also its a weird overlap not many pokemon fans are fighting game fans and vice.versa
"well, yeah, and a lot of minorities go to see minstrel shows, too." - PyroSpoon
(edited 1 month ago)

FelineCyborg
1 month ago#14
so my friend ended up buying this game so ill prob end up getting it. machamp is a lot of fun to play as.

User Info: Gigaraver

Gigaraver
1 month ago#15
Yes... Gotta Catch 'Em All... >:D
Nintendo Switch FC - SW-1793-0112-3629
NNID - Hyperdon

NeonFXx
1 month ago#16
I haven't yet experimented with the other characters as I figured that if I learn one character well enough I might beat the story before the week is up.

I'm currently on the iron league. Not sure if there is a prize at the end of it but the story is technically beat. Thinking of learning the two Mewtwos, and Pikachu Libre, so that I can handle 4 different main types: Power (Charizard), Standard (Mewtwo), Technical (Mewtwo Shadow), and Speed (Pikachu Libre)

Gigaraver
1 month ago#17
Nice, but don't underestimate these characters. Be sure you're reading their movelists because Pokken characters tend to have a lot of nuances that people can easily overlook. Especially the Technical characters. Standard characters aren't too bad. Power and Speed characters typically rely on said attributes, so just be aware of their individual upsides and downsides. T

Technical characters though are just that for a reason. They are far more nuanced and take considerable time to learn. I think out of all Technical fighters Shadow Mewtwo is the easiest, but he'll still take time. His biggest feature using his special moves depletes his HP. Learning to use his Recover special effectively is a must. Same goes for Miracle Eye: Learn what moves are affected by Miracle Eye and how they can be applied in battle.

If you're just focusing on Single player though then you'll probably power through Iron League and the next one too. Honestly it only starts to get tricky around the very last league, and that's gonna require a whooole lot more fighting.
NNID - Hyperdon

NeonFXx
1 month ago#18
Thanks for the info. I am definitely overlooking a lot of stuff right now because it's my first week playing. It has been fun so far though so I'm glad this was the choice for game trial.

Also, I had no idea that there was even more after the Iron League, I thought it was just a bonus after game league. Let's see how much further I can get with my Charizard lol.

Gigaraver
1 month ago#19
@NeonFXx I just checked, and whoops, Iron League is the special bonus league. :P

It's been soooo long since I've touched single player. I was thinking Chroma League was the very last one 'cause sounds fancier than just "Iron". But I forgot the first three leagues were just Blue Green and Red. Well in that case good job getting as far as you have. :P
NNID - Hyperdon
  1. Boards
  2. Pokken Tournament DX
  3. Play For Free! - Nintendo Switch Online members exclusive offer 7/29 - 8/4
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A

Switching partner pokemon? General2 Answers
Can I play it offline? General1 Answer
Decidueye Combo Tutorial #5, what am I doing wrong? Main Quest4 Answers
Where do I find my vs. code? Tech Support1 Answer
DLC not working? General1 Answer