• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokken Tournament DX
  3. Need to get back into this game

User Info: Dathrowed1

Dathrowed1
1 year ago#1
Work, other games, and not learning/practicing mechanics has led me to not getting good even though I love the concepts here.

I like how they use arena fighter style and then have a 2D phase where you play an easier Tekken without sidestepping as well.

I actually wish more arena fighters were like this tbh, the duel phase should be a staple for more advanced gameplay
sig

User Info: Enoemaa

Enoemaa
1 year ago#2
Agreed.

I’ve gotten into fighters in a big way lately, with Pokken being a gateway, then Arms, DBFZ, and BBTAG, but Pokken is honestly the most fun and polished out of any of the ones that I’ve played.

Badly under appreciated game for how good it is, do want to play it more.

User Info: Dathrowed1

Dathrowed1
1 year ago#3
I think people write it off because it is pokemon, but the duel phase is pretty much how you combo in Tekken.

It is surprisingly a deep game
sig

User Info: verbalizeray

verbalizeray
1 year ago#4
After seeing Detective Pikachu, I really want to set up a match between Pikachu Vs. Charizard. Good time as any to go back to the game.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokken Tournament DX
  3. Need to get back into this game
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Switching partner pokemon? General2 Answers
Can I play it offline? General1 Answer
Decidueye Combo Tutorial #5, what am I doing wrong? Main Quest4 Answers
Where do I find my vs. code? Tech Support1 Answer
DLC not working? General1 Answer