• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokken Tournament DX
  3. Daily Challenge is becoming hugely annoying...

User Info: Taen

Taen
2 years ago#1
In the fact that the second I've done TWO easy challenges, I rank up from Green League, and suddenly the opponents are harder than even the AI in the first game. Probably a lil' easier to face than Glenn / Alyssa, imo.

Very annoying. This definitely isn't as hard as the Blue League's opponents, or even Keith for that matter.

The Daily Challenge is fighting against AI, right??
SquidFAQs proud member & sniper, Crillin.
The official, and infamous, Goo Tuber main.

User Info: Moritsuna

Moritsuna
2 years ago#2
This game is literally the easiest fighting game, technically when compared to other fighting games. If you are losing to daily challenge and blue league, you need to take a breath, relax and go to action dojo.

Taen
2 years ago#3
Moritsuna posted...
This game is literally the easiest fighting game, technically when compared to other fighting games. If you are losing to daily challenge and blue league, you need to take a breath, relax and go to action dojo.

It's not like I've already tried that.

Come on, I can distinguish a huge skill gap, and I'm not even joking. I played Blue League, DC, then Blue League. League is a cakewalk... but that wasn't.

Seriously. There was a huge skill gap.

User Info: VirtuaSnipa

VirtuaSnipa
2 years ago#4
um...no the AI in this game is pretty braindead. Can't say i've ever lost to the AI. not even shadow mewtwo at any point.

This really, REALLY is a case of you need to practice more. For the record I never bought pokken on the wii u. I only got DX a few days after release.
Consoles I own: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube x2, Wii, Wii U, GBC, GBA, GBASP, NDS, Genesis, Dreamcast, Game Gear, PS1 x2, PS3, PSP, Xbox/360
tinyurl.com/kujeso5

Taen
2 years ago#5
... I'm extremely good at the game, seriously, I can defeat main bosses, including Shadow Mewtwo, quite fluently.

And it seems nobody is even listening to the real thing anyways.

User Info: Gigaraver

Gigaraver
2 years ago#6
I do think the CPU is improved from the previous game. And yes, they are definitely a good deal tougher than most of the story mode competition (Haven't reached _ Iron _ League _ yet). The AI is still susceptible to cheese tactics however, so if you really want to win you can always find those cracks and exploit those.
Nintendo Switch FC - SW-1793-0112-3629
NNID - Hyperdon

User Info: CrimsonSmasher

CrimsonSmasher
2 years ago#7
As somebody who's put in a lot of time in the first game... Yeah the daily challenge CPUs can be pretty tough. Especially if end up as somebody you don't know how to play. They're significantly better at dealing with spam, they read inputs, they often have 1 frame reactions, and they usually string together long combos. Though there's still some holes. Pretty sure they're scripted to drop shield to burst attacks for example.

Zoners usually don't have issues, but pokes that absolutely have to play up close can have a lot of issues. And then there's Darkrai who's pretty bad all around until you land Dark Void...
FC 1504 5709 4054

Gigaraver
2 years ago#8
CrimsonSmasher posted...
And then there's Darkrai who's pretty bad all around until you land Dark Void...

Psh okay.
NNID - Hyperdon

User Info: Terotrous

Terotrous
2 years ago#9
I haven't lost a daily challenge match yet, even with characters I have no idea how to use. If in doubt, just do a ton of throws or something.
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
http://whatliesbeyondnovel.blogspot.ca/ - A psychological fantasy novel series, book 2 finally complete

Gigaraver
2 years ago#10
I failed only one challenge because I had to use a Day 1 Hour 1 Minute 1 Decidueye. =/
NNID - Hyperdon
  1. Boards
  2. Pokken Tournament DX
  3. Daily Challenge is becoming hugely annoying...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Switching partner pokemon? General2 Answers
Can I play it offline? General1 Answer
Decidueye Combo Tutorial #5, what am I doing wrong? Main Quest4 Answers
DLC not working? General1 Answer
Where do I find my vs. code? Tech Support1 Answer