Jesus Christ this game is bad...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. FIFA 18
  3. Jesus Christ this game is bad...

User Info: mufcbarlow1

mufcbarlow1
6 months ago#1
FIFA has seriously lost its competitive edge in online this year. The game has become more of a showcase for the top 20 or so players pulling off screamers left right and centre with very little effort.

Im not sure if I’m playing FIFA or FIFA Street. Actually that’s a lie, as even FIFA street had MORE depth and challenge than this.

Give it a couple of weeks before ultimate team is full of 14 year olds pulling off “el tornado” (cringe) with ronaldo for fun. Cos that’s sure as hell what seasons is right now.

User Info: Gunner_04_

Gunner_04_
6 months ago#2
Jesus Christ you're bad
Jack Wilshere.

User Info: kvmer

kvmer
6 months ago#3
Gunner_04_ posted...
Jesus Christ you're bad

I'm in division 3 having only lost 4 games so far. This game, just as its predecessors, is downright atrocious. Addictive, but atrocious. Admitting that has nothing to do with being good at the game.

I'm playing with my favourite team, which is a 4-star team. Harder to pull off screamers, and the players feel like they're handicapped, as they can hardly sprint,... But at least my opponents have the same problem. At higher levels, the games simply get decided by momentum. Like just now, I won a game 3-0 because my keeper pulled off 5 world class saves, while his keeper flopped one into his own net, pushed a ball he only had to pick up in my feet, and went under a high cross for no apparent reason. The game before that I won 4-3, being down 0-3 at half-time, unable to give a single pass. Fortunately for me, momentum changed in the second half. Setting up attacks is easy, because one of the AI defenders of my opponent always kept my strikers onside, no matter how far they ran. In the first half, it was the opposite.

It's all a spectacular load of crap. Even injury time is something that's apparently too hard for EA Sports to get right. 70% of the games end with 0 or 1 minute of injury time. Sure.

User Info: MarkIngramTD

MarkIngramTD
6 months ago#4
Gunner_04_ posted...
Jesus Christ you're bad

co sign. get gud scrub.
made for your viewing pleasure.

User Info: LordEverton

LordEverton
6 months ago#5
kvmer posted...
Gunner_04_ posted...
Jesus Christ you're bad

I'm in division 3 having only lost 4 games so far. This game, just as its predecessors, is downright atrocious. Addictive, but atrocious. Admitting that has nothing to do with being good at the game.

I'm playing with my favourite team, which is a 4-star team. Harder to pull off screamers, and the players feel like they're handicapped, as they can hardly sprint,... But at least my opponents have the same problem. At higher levels, the games simply get decided by momentum. Like just now, I won a game 3-0 because my keeper pulled off 5 world class saves, while his keeper flopped one into his own net, pushed a ball he only had to pick up in my feet, and went under a high cross for no apparent reason. The game before that I won 4-3, being down 0-3 at half-time, unable to give a single pass. Fortunately for me, momentum changed in the second half. Setting up attacks is easy, because one of the AI defenders of my opponent always kept my strikers onside, no matter how far they ran. In the first half, it was the opposite.

It's all a spectacular load of crap. Even injury time is something that's apparently too hard for EA Sports to get right. 70% of the games end with 0 or 1 minute of injury time. Sure.

You said this game like its predecessors is atrocious. Doesn't that make you the fool for buying it every year?
I'm a shipping merchant who raises fancy dogs. That's the life.

User Info: kvmer

kvmer
6 months ago#6
LordEverton posted...
kvmer posted...
Gunner_04_ posted...
Jesus Christ you're bad

You said this game like its predecessors is atrocious. Doesn't that make you the fool for buying it every year?

Yes, I mentioned that somewhere else. I love football and I love playing with my favourite club.

I don't think review scores have any influence on Fifa sales, so that's why it boggles my mind how this garbage keeps getting such high scores.

Think about it, this game is basically 20 years in the making. Twenty years. Yet the entire premise of the game revolves around a delibaretely broken offside trap, scripting and momentum. There is literally nothing in this game that works, it's all broken. All you need to do to score is run to the far line, cut inside alongside that line, and watch the defensive AI of your opponent break, as they all clear your path towards goal.

I could write 50 pages on what's wrong with Fifa, and I mean that. I really could. What makes it really unforgiveable, is that EA has never bothered to address the most obvious flaws that has plagued the series for years.

User Info: mufcbarlow1

mufcbarlow1
6 months ago#7
Gunner_04_ posted...
Jesus Christ you're bad

So do you have anything constructive to say about my discussion or not? Seems like the response of a child when they’re mental capacity has yet to fully develop so they just try to copy or imitate the other person.

User Info: LordEverton

LordEverton
6 months ago#8
kvmer posted...
LordEverton posted...
kvmer posted...
Gunner_04_ posted...
Jesus Christ you're bad

Yes, I mentioned that somewhere else. I love football and I love playing with my favourite club.

I don't think review scores have any influence on Fifa sales, so that's why it boggles my mind how this garbage keeps getting such high scores.

Think about it, this game is basically 20 years in the making. Twenty years. Yet the entire premise of the game revolves around a delibaretely broken offside trap, scripting and momentum. There is literally nothing in this game that works, it's all broken. All you need to do to score is run to the far line, cut inside alongside that line, and watch the defensive AI of your opponent break, as they all clear your path towards goal.

I could write 50 pages on what's wrong with Fifa, and I mean that. I really could. What makes it really unforgiveable, is that EA has never bothered to address the most obvious flaws that has plagued the series for years.

Yet you wont stop buying it. Clearly they're doing something right
I'm a shipping merchant who raises fancy dogs. That's the life.

User Info: Gunner_04_

Gunner_04_
6 months ago#9
mufcbarlow1 posted...
Gunner_04_ posted...
Jesus Christ you're bad

So do you have anything constructive to say about my discussion or not? Seems like the response of a child when they’re mental capacity has yet to fully develop so they just try to copy or imitate the other person.

If you were good at the game you wouldn't be this asshurt.

I accept your concession.
Jack Wilshere.

User Info: MarkIngramTD

MarkIngramTD
6 months ago#10
It's bad to the bone.

I f***ing love this game bloke.
made for your viewing pleasure.
  1. Boards
  2. FIFA 18
  3. Jesus Christ this game is bad...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived