• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Rimaarts

Rimaarts
1 month ago#1
So… in mhw I couldn’t beat fatalis. In rise I think I did everything I was interested in.
now in Mhgu I’m a bit stuck on last quest rank before g rank.

I have upgraded half narga half rath set. Evade crit and attack +1. Playing mostly valour due to easier guard sheathe. Mostly long sword but also switchaxe.

fight feels like if I didn’t guard evade, I can dodge whatever I want she will hit me. By the time I turn camera to see where is she, I’m on the floor eating couple more slaps.
if I hit her more than once, I can’t guard or evade on time.
if I treat it as rpg, of one hit, evade, run around, hit, rinse, repeat, I lucked out capturing her in about 49minutes. Have not been able to repeat it…

any tips to evade her easier? Whichever way I seem to dodge, she hits me.

User Info: Button_Masher_Z

Button_Masher_Z
1 month ago#2
Typically you want to focus on najarala’s back legs, good for damage and will trip it. Hyper monsters also generally give a significant telegraph for their powerful or fast moves, so if their body flashes, you need to think of which attack may be incoming and get out of the way, valor sheath, or counter the incoming attack.

I’m going to do a LS hunt of a najarala or two, see if I can come up with any tips specific to the matchup.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

User Info: Button_Masher_Z

Button_Masher_Z
1 month ago#3
Ok, I don’t have great news. I struggled, even though I’ve beaten the game for a while. I think I cleared my toughest hyper najarala quest with aerial hammer, or something like that, because I eventually just got sick of getting surrounded and flinched into hell.

But I can offer some small things. Hero shield can help with those flinches. Might be hard to get, I’ve never actually built it into a set, but it’s this game’s version of flinch free. It’s actually better, because it completely prevents low damage from damaging you at all. But it won’t help with the larger, non-coil attacks. As far as I can tell, there aren’t many moves that are designed to be very fair to deal with, najarala has a lot of ways to knock you away with a quick flick of the tail, which both harms you and screws up any positioning you attempted. And then when you’re pissed off, it can also reset everything again by charging across the area and digging too. Both of those latter moves can be easily dodged with a valor sheath, but force you to reposition like everything else still.

It’s also a hyper monster, so the valor LS counter can be a struggle to time. I did it a few times, and I did break the head, but for every counter I succeeded at, I probably ate 3 similar attacks. That’s really just a practice thing though.

Bring traps, with nets, thunderbugs, and trap tools, you can have 4 in total. This thing doesn’t fight fair, neither should you. You still want to focus on that hind leg, and forcing opportunities to get attacks in can sometimes lead to a trip, which means more time to attack than just the trap itself, and ultimately just cuts the fight down a bit more.

Consider trying aerial style. The dodge sucks if you don’t know how to dodge things by jumping into monsters, though sometimes that isn’t set up well to succeed either, but it lets you bypass the tail to attack the head, or jump over the body in case it cools around you. Remember that you can fade slash or straight up roll to the sides to prevent the jump after your own attack, and if you’re at the tail end of najarala’s opening, you may want to go to the side and back away to force it to move to be able to attack you, by which time you can reposition or straight up sheath. I don’t play much aerial longsword though, I do know you need to use the aerial attacks to upgrade the spirit gauge, so if you pick this, make sure to go into the training quest and try it out first, get familiar with the moves. Especially dodging, because that can be extremely rough with aerial style. I do get the irony of suggesting a style that is hard to dodge with when you asked for help dodging things. This thing is easier to dodge when you’re at a sort of mid range from it, which isn’t any place to attack from, so like I said, I struggled with it myself. That said, I fought g rank najarala, which means after escaping one coil, it coils again. It also has a sort of ultimate sonic explosion too. You don’t have to deal with these, but I didn’t want to farm up a high rank weapon to prolong the high rank hyper najarala fight, so I just fought g rank hyper najarala. The sonic explosion actually isn’t too big of a deal, as long as you’re attentive to where it lays its scales. You have to deal with explosive scales in the high rank fight though, but it’s mostly the same, get staggered by the scale, walk away before it explodes, see if you can reengage in the fight.

Najarala annoys me, it could have been a good fight, but it’s almost purely set up to be annoying. It never likes to be in a situation where it isn’t using its tail like a shield, though there’s one move that leaves its back legs exposed, and it’s really damn good at stalling you out with moves that either slow you down, or blatantly just knock you away, almost forcing you to attack the tail tip you want nothing to do with. And the consensus I gather from other people talking about this monster is generally the same, most people who eventually cope with it learn to stunlock it by carefully timing when they attack the hindlegs. That’s a lot harder to do with a hyper najarala.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: goukipau

goukipau
1 month ago#4
Button_Masher_Z posted...
Typically you want to focus on najarala’s back legs, good for damage and will trip it. Hyper monsters also generally give a significant telegraph for their powerful or fast moves, so if their body flashes, you need to think of which attack may be incoming and get out of the way, valor sheath, or counter the incoming attack.

I’m going to do a LS hunt of a najarala or two, see if I can come up with any tips specific to the matchup.

I think OP is asking for hyper narga??! :)
MH3U, MHXX (switch) goukipau hr999. Playing for fun!!

User Info: UnpayedOvertime

UnpayedOvertime
1 month ago#5
If you're the type to VALOR EVADE EVERYTHING LOL, then you should stop and select another style. There's more than GU than to Valor Evade and Valor Attack. Thats the problem.

1. Get better armor. If you're in High Rank still, go to G Rank and get a G Rank armor. No need to stay for High rank armor and upgrading it, unless you need the Hyper materials for weapons. Otherwise, there's better armor set in late game for your Crit Evade and such.
  2. Don't think you can "VALOR EVADE EVERYTHING, LEL". There are harder monsters that would punish you for that. Get enough carts and you can earn yourself a kick from the lobby.
  3. Play with other people. It makes it MUCH easier. Just don't look like a carry noob and it may end up making other people leaving on sight.
Achievement: 23 waifus?!? Srsly OT, you do need therapy. "Nope"

Rimaarts
1 month ago#6
UnpayedOvertime posted...
If you're the type to VALOR EVADE EVERYTHING LOL, then you should stop and select another style. There's more than GU than to Valor Evade and Valor Attack. Thats the problem.

1. Get better armor. If you're in High Rank still, go to G Rank and get a G Rank armor. No need to stay for High rank armor and upgrading it, unless you need the Hyper materials for weapons. Otherwise, there's better armor set in late game for your Crit Evade and such.
2. Don't think you can "VALOR EVADE EVERYTHING, LEL". There are harder monsters that would punish you for that. Get enough carts and you can earn yourself a kick from the lobby.
3. Play with other people. It makes it MUCH easier. Just don't look like a carry noob and it may end up making other people leaving on sight.

yeah.. well in other games I never even knew what's a guard point or shield. but when a hunter finishes a swing, stands still and only than decides which way to turn and run... clunkyness incarnate, Valor evade it is.

1. to get to g rank I need to do "wheel of time". that kicks me about as hard as hyper narga. before grank I'm not sure there is a better armour. full ratha? but than I give up evade I think.

2. that's why I soloed all rise and most of iceborne/world. first learn to solo, than go multiplayer.

3. I don't want to pay for online service. ps+ is enough for me. so solo it is. until I either burn out or get to mhgu version of kulve taroth or Safi.

User Info: goukipau

goukipau
1 month ago#7
In this game hub is made for online multiplayer, so enemies have more HP and a higher dmg multiplier (= do more damage)

This game hardly can be compared to the newer mh series (world/iceborne and rise) cause those games are made for a wider audience, and so made way more accesible (read: easier!)

That being said, everything can be soloed, and heres some of my advice:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/7d670h/mhxx_compendiums_and_possible_faqs/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=post_body

Also: if you get stuck on some enemies, it helps to:
- upgrade your gear
- watch vids online how to best approach the fight
- try a different style (some styles suit vs monsters better than others)
- learn what the SP arts absolute evade and Absolute readiness do!! (This will let you use other styles than brave/valor or adept)
- use a different weapon (some weapons are way easier to use on certain enemies then others)
- think of multiplaying the game (its not only easier but makes for more fun experience usually too)

And one more thing: valor/brave users usually dont use evade skills but attack skills. This cause the style has evade built into it, like adept. Evade skills are 'usually' used by styles which havent evade built in or dont want to use absolute readiness/evade)
MH3U, MHXX (switch) goukipau hr999. Playing for fun!!
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: UnpayedOvertime

UnpayedOvertime
1 month ago#8
Rimaarts posted...
yeah.. well in other games I never even knew what's a guard point or shield. but when a hunter finishes a swing, stands still and only than decides which way to turn and run... clunkyness incarnate, Valor evade it is.

1. to get to g rank I need to do "wheel of time". that kicks me about as hard as hyper narga. before grank I'm not sure there is a better armour. full ratha? but than I give up evade I think.

2. that's why I soloed all rise and most of iceborne/world. first learn to solo, than go multiplayer.

3. I don't want to pay for online service. ps+ is enough for me. so solo it is. until I either burn out or get to mhgu version of kulve taroth or Safi.

1. Good luck soloing. It's doable, but hard. Some monsters (Lao for first timers, Fatalises, EX Deviants, Hyper Raths in the same area) are hard on the first time, so good luck with that.
  2. (Insert newbie boom hunter joke by Veteran hunter here).
  3. You might be burned out when you get to the Deviant farming. Also., Local multiplayer doesnt require NSO.
Achievement: 23 waifus?!? Srsly OT, you do need therapy. "Nope"

Rimaarts
1 month ago#9
UnpayedOvertime posted...
1. Good luck soloing. It's doable, but hard. Some monsters (Lao for first timers, Fatalises, EX Deviants, Hyper Raths in the same area) are hard on the first time, so good luck with that.
2. (Insert newbie boom hunter joke by Veteran hunter here).
3. You might be burned out when you get to the Deviant farming. Also., Local multiplayer doesnt require NSO.

1. hard but fun.

3. local requires another switch and another player that can do semi-endgame... burned out? probably... I don't think I'll do more than minimum farming in here.. I will leave all farming for rise g rank...
goukipau posted...
I think OP is asking for hyper narga??! :)
Yeah, I goofed. Also meant to reply and adjust for narga, but waited too long. I find narga fun with valor LS, good practice for the LS counters.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A