You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
specifically capturing them....annoying...
There's no weak spot to hit for massive damage? (I'd say I feel bad for that one but I don't XD)
Is there some obvious thing I'm missing with these guys?
The Hernataurs (I think that's right) are easy enough, but the Cernataurs (probably spelled it wrong, the blue ones) are HP sponges...AND they inflict bleed...regularly.

It's fun when you figure out that flash bombs work on a big owl thing (surprisingly....didn't think of that before) but there's almost nothing for these crabs.
FC (USun): 1134-9578-3279 IGN Lucas
Riolu's for trade, filling in the dex!

User Info: Yomigaeru

Yomigaeru
1 week ago#2
I believe the head is their weakpoint, so just bash in those beady little eyes. Generally speaking, I use a bowgun or boomerang Prowler when I fight Shogun (as you have plenty of time to get out of the way of claw attacks, especially when you use Adept or Valor style).

User Info: Naruzeldamaster

Naruzeldamaster
1 week ago#3
Yomigaeru posted...
I believe the head is their weakpoint, so just bash in those beady little eyes. Generally speaking, I use a bowgun or boomerang Prowler when I fight Shogun (as you have plenty of time to get out of the way of claw attacks, especially when you use Adept or Valor style).

Fighting them is fine, it's capturing em.
The red ones are easy, blue ones are basically just a more annoying one with better stats.

User Info: ineedsearch

ineedsearch
1 week ago#4
Hammer
Monster Hunter Boltreaver Legend. I am one of the main reasons thunder resist exists on GameFAQs. Please show appropriate respect. Thank you.

User Info: gba1989

gba1989
1 week ago#5
Pierce LBG.
She played me like a piano - Big Boss, MGS Peacewalker
They played us like a damn fiddle - Kazuhira Miller, MGS Ground Zeroes

User Info: JDweeb1273

JDweeb1273
1 week ago#6
Gunner cap guru???
IGN: Jay
FC: 3927-0527-0905

User Info: JayMan1

JayMan1
1 week ago#7
They're basically drome-tier monsters. Just let them limp away and trap them when they sleep.
3DS FC 1693-2434-4585
Switch FC SW-4597-7758-7475

User Info: Naruzeldamaster

Naruzeldamaster
1 week ago#8
JayMan1 posted...
They're basically drome-tier monsters. Just let them limp away and trap them when they sleep.

will it always work as long as they have actually limped away once?

User Info: midgitninja1

midgitninja1
1 week ago#9
Naruzeldamaster posted...
JayMan1 posted...

will it always work as long as they have actually limped away once?

Yes
Don't worry...It's a good touch.
MHGU IGN: Richter

User Info: TrueArchery

TrueArchery
1 week ago#10
(Daimyo) Hermitaur and (Shogun) Ceanataur.

Just attack the legs, it's safer and they trip a lot. Then you can attack the face. With a blunt weapon you want to smash the skull on their back. They're actually rather weak, but I found Shogun's speed pretty surprising. It's been a long time since I fought them in MHFU and I don't recall him being that fast by default. At least he doesn't spam the uber gay "let me hug you" where he runs across the map with his rage-mode extended claws any more, that used to be serious bulls*** that triggered me really badly.

They limp, too, and I always find it hard to not kill them before they limp away. Capture Guru makes it easier, but if you've fought a couple of them you should be able to guess when they're about to die, then you should attack more carefully and wait for the limp or if you're impatient just try to capture them without any tells like limping. Tranq bomb first, then immediately trap them and either it's quest clear instantly or you hit them a bit more, with a bit of luck you pass the capture threshold while they're still in the trap. Otherwise just play it safe for a couple more attacks.