• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match
  3. is there a training mode for this game?

User Info: orcman905

orcman905
3 years ago#1
I bought the neogeo arcade kof98 and was very disappointed there isn't a training mode.
currently playing Tekken6 - Armour King, Baek, Panda

User Info: Darkside_Hazuki

Darkside_Hazuki
3 years ago#2
It's a port of the PS2 version (it even shows the "Playstation 2" logo when you boot up the game), so yes, it has a Training Mode. Pretty decent one too, but using the Record & Playback function isn't simple unless someone shows you how it works.

Some more info:
It's 14.99. Even though it's a PS2 port they did tweak the Display Settings a bit like they did with the KoF 2000 PS2 port (added border art & scanlines, removed X/Y Position Settings). As far as lag, I can't detect any difference from the actual PS2 version, and I'm doing the side-by-side test. It also looks pretty sharp on an Asus monitor. I wish there was a way to transfer PS2 save data to it because I don't wanna unlock all this crap again.
"This is what makes a legend!" - Terry, KoF '99
RE Outbreak/PSN: Stick_Breitling; Metal Gear Online: Gabe LOGAN

orcman905
3 years ago#3
Darkside_Hazuki posted...
It's a port of the PS2 version (it even shows the "Playstation 2" logo when you boot up the game), so yes, it has a Training Mode. Pretty decent one too, but using the Record & Playback function isn't simple unless someone shows you how it works.

Some more info:
It's 14.99. Even though it's a PS2 port they did tweak the Display Settings a bit like they did with the KoF 2000 PS2 port (added border art & scanlines, removed X/Y Position Settings). As far as lag, I can't detect any difference from the actual PS2 version, and I'm doing the side-by-side test. It also looks pretty sharp on an Asus monitor. I wish there was a way to transfer PS2 save data to it because I don't wanna unlock all this crap again.

thanks, got it last night. pretty happy with it.

orcman905
3 years ago#4
imagine they release this again few months later with online .... oh dear

User Info: HopesPeak

HopesPeak
3 years ago#5
orcman905 posted...

Ah man, so you mean there is no online? Yeah I hear that, I bought ACA Kof 98 when it first came out on PSN then this comes out a month later with no warning. I'll have to double dip with this game, but not any time soon. All of my mains are already in the original.
http://www.paradisehotel51.com

User Info: CaIiber345

CaIiber345
3 years ago#6
So is this the best of all the old KoF that they’ve released on PS4? I’d like an old school fighter on PS4 and Capcom is s***ting the bed by not giving me World Tour in SF Alpha 3 in their collection, so I’m looking at this instead. Thanks for any opinions and advice.

@HopesPeak
@orcman905
@Darkside_Hazuki
Dont give up , skeleton!
Far Cry 5, God of War

orcman905
3 years ago#7
HopesPeak posted...
orcman905 posted...

Ah man, so you mean there is no online? Yeah I hear that, I bought ACA Kof 98 when it first came out on PSN then this comes out a month later with no warning. I'll have to double dip with this game, but not any time soon. All of my mains are already in the original.

yeah its not fun without online. oh well back to sfv

User Info: Darkside_Hazuki

Darkside_Hazuki
3 years ago#8
CaIiber345 posted...
So is this the best of all the old KoF that they’ve released on PS4? I’d like an old school fighter on PS4 and Capcom is s***ting the bed by not giving me World Tour in SF Alpha 3 in their collection, so I’m looking at this instead. Thanks for any opinions and advice.

98UM is definitely the best that PS4 has. Hopefully they release 2002UM someday, which is a good second. After that should be XI although it's very untraditional. Altogether those are the three best "old" KoFs. Regular 98 and Regular 2002 after that.
"This is what makes a legend!" - Terry, KoF '99
RE Outbreak/PSN: Stick_Breitling; Metal Gear Online: Gabe LOGAN
  1. Boards
  2. The King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match
  3. is there a training mode for this game?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A