You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Dragon's Dogma 2 not set in fictional England

User Info: furamuuru

furamuuru
4 weeks ago#1
I loved DD, but I'd really like a Dragon's Dogma set in a place that isn't as empty feeling as medieval England.

A combination of places to create something really interesting, like a fusion of 16th century asia and Greece or something.

User Info: cmhawk84

cmhawk84
4 weeks ago#2
I don't think the fact that Gransys was as empty was because it was based off England. It was their first stab at an open world game. And for all the "cities" Skyrim had, Gran Soren and Cassardis population wise were bigger than any in Skyrim. The structures were awesome (Bluemoon Tower and Water God's Altar) This open world while maybe small to me is the best i've played in an open world RPG minus the Witcher III and AC Odyssey,
GT- CHawk84
PSN-CHawk1984

User Info: Gemma1

Gemma1
4 weeks ago#3
cmhawk84 posted...
I don't think the fact that Gransys was as empty was because it was based off England. It was their first stab at an open world game. And for all the "cities" Skyrim had, Gran Soren and Cassardis population wise were bigger than any in Skyrim. The structures were awesome (Bluemoon Tower and Water God's Altar) This open world while maybe small to me is the best i've played in an open world RPG minus the Witcher III and AC Odyssey,

I’ll have to agree with you! I still remember thinking how cool it was to explore everywhere in Gransys. Got myself into a bit of trouble too, in those early levels lol. I loved the weather—I know it didn’t rain but just the fact that there were cloudy days felt so cool.
I’ve measured every game I played against DDDA. Sure, it isn’t like Witcher 3 or AC:Origins or DA:I but really good for its time. The sense of dread when I first went to Bitterblack Isle was delicious. Death literally jump scaring me that first time!
I’m sure the dev team has learned what works and what doesn’t since then.
PSN: Gemmalady/pawn: Barahir, Strider/lvl 200, PSN: Gemmalady2345/pawn: Kate, Ranger/lvl 200
Switch: SW-5481-0965-4993

furamuuru
4 weeks ago#4
Gemma1 posted...
cmhawk84 posted...

I’ll have to agree with you! I still remember thinking how cool it was to explore everywhere in Gransys. Got myself into a bit of trouble too, in those early levels lol. I loved the weather—I know it didn’t rain but just the fact that there were cloudy days felt so cool.
I’ve measured every game I played against DDDA. Sure, it isn’t like Witcher 3 or AC:Origins or DA:I but really good for its time. The sense of dread when I first went to Bitterblack Isle was delicious. Death literally jump scaring me that first time!
I’m sure the dev team has learned what works and what doesn’t since then.

Those are good points.

User Info: frogwalloper

frogwalloper
4 weeks ago#5
I don't know. Wouldn't they be throwing away a lot of assets?

furamuuru
4 weeks ago#6
frogwalloper posted...
I don't know. Wouldn't they be throwing away a lot of assets?

Wouldn't reusing assets curb their creativity?

User Info: frogwalloper

frogwalloper
4 weeks ago#7
Maybe - if they started from scratch in another setting.
But I guess there's no reason why they couldn't use a lot of their existing assets in a new location assuming Gransys remained relevant to their fictional world, and there were still npcs about who originated from that region.

furamuuru
4 weeks ago#8
That's true.

I'm sure RE engine is easy to produce new assets, and I think both RE2 and DMC5 could help with production, too.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Dragon's Dogma 2 not set in fictional England