You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Staff to use on a support pawn?

User Info: Twizted_Jedi

Twizted_Jedi
4 weeks ago#11
@AliceUnchained

Sup Sis ! :) ... Miss ya

AliceUnchained posted...

Yes, torpor mages are wonderful. :)

Yes they are aren't they ? .... How is my girl Eir anyway ;) ?

Just to add my two cent's on the subject ....

I agree 100 % with Alice as usual ...

I LOVE The Legions Might and would never think of saying a bad word about it but it really shines as a weapon for Lower Level Pawns under 51 mostly . Not to say that it can't be useful in any Mages hands especially if your Mage gets targeted frequently as Sevn stated above . I personally don't have that issue very often but I think that different inclinations , play-styles and party composition can radically effect this game .

Legions Might is also a great choice if your farming Dragonkin It always cracks me up to see a Mage get up n dust themselves off after a Dragon Roar like " Uh ..You wanna try that again ?.. Oh n BTW brush your teeth cuz your breath smells like a metric megaton of concentrated buzzard farts !!! " . In any case It is a great staff and if you wanna use it , Go for it .. Your game - Your choice .

After that its between a Trusty Rusty or a Dominion Claw for me as well . If youv'e ever hired Alice's Mage - Eir on the PS3 you understand what a really good Topor Mage can do . A Mage that can simultaneously heal and torpor the living crap out of enemies is pretty damn sexy !

Damn .... I do miss Eir .... Those big pretty eyes ...That big ol' green cloud of - Slow The F*** Down !!! - Good Times :D

Again as Sevn stated however ... If your party is already Slow Mo Heavy , I'd go with the Dominion Claw on a Higher Level Mage with Lvl 3 Armor if you find that you want a healer in place a Face Melting Sorcerer . For that matter a Sorcerer / Mage tandem can also clean almost any cooties you happen to pick up as well with Voidspell and Halidom so ... Never a bad choice .

In any case , As always ... try different set ups out and decide whats best for you . Good Luck
Twizted_Jedi Rayne 36 Mage / Twizted_Jedi2 Jade / Twizted_Jedi3 Anastasia / DRUNKEN-VIKING13 Nova / THUNDERGOD_72 Aria / N7-Warden Athena. Info on OPSC site .
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Staff to use on a support pawn?