• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. First time playing, chose mage and I feel like that was a poor choice

User Info: hyphonym

hyphonym
1 month ago#1
I've heard about how the spells are really neat and fun so figured I'd go with mage for my vocation in the beginning. But I feel really weak. Should I stick with mage for now or start over from the beginning? Or can I switch my vocation?
Switch: SW-7549-9823-3197
CFN ID: dog-on

User Info: Yasukima

Yasukima
1 month ago#2
Sorcerer gets massive spells, mage is more supportive.
And at low vocation ranks you won't have access to very good spells.

You can change to sorcerer at Gran Soren, or the DLC area which is accessible very early, and the start of the DLC is a safe area so you won't need to worry about endgame enemies.

I suggest changing to sorcerer and raising you rank to try spells like Maelstrom, Bolide and Gicel.
Y'know... Chansey sort of looks like an axolotl...

User Info: frogwalloper

frogwalloper
1 month ago#3
Depending on where you go, every vocation can feel weak early on. Better equipment, skills, augments, a full team of pawns - they all make a big difference.

I don't know anyone who actually enjoys roaming around as a mage, though - so it's not just you.

User Info: Orasion_Seiz

Orasion_Seiz
1 month ago#4
I am probably one of those who enjoy playing as a mage but for a first time its not suggested to start as it. You can probably change to sorcerer when you get to gran soren. Later you will be able to play all the vocations.
The strong shall live, the weak shall perish.

User Info: Hash062

Hash062
4 weeks ago#5
Even a Mage can own the game if you know how to use it.

Fire, Ice and Holy Boon can destroy a lot of mobs without you breaking a sweat. Levin for Cyclopes, Comestion for Chimeras. Holy Focused Bolt for like everything.

Sorcerer is much worse, you can destroy all of Gransys. Magick Archer does the same in Bitterblack Isle.

Magic is BROKEN in this game, lol. This is why nowadays my Arisen is a Warrior, I ran out of any other challenge years ago.

User Info: Zakat82

Zakat82
3 weeks ago#6
frogwalloper posted...
Depending on where you go, every vocation can feel weak early on. Better equipment, skills, augments, a full team of pawns - they all make a big difference.

I don't know anyone who actually enjoys roaming around as a mage, though - so it's not just you.

I do, Mages are awesome, outside BBI i would rather solo play as a Mage then a Sorcerer.
PsN: Katakato
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. First time playing, chose mage and I feel like that was a poor choice
  • Topic Archived