• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. death pre daimon farm, plus platinum speedrun advice

User Info: optimusmart

optimusmart
4 weeks ago#1
I'm back, im sure some off the fans here may remember me.

So ive got back into the game to try and finish my speedrun and I played with the Pre-Daimon bloodless stockade farm recently and oh boy that can be good. The problem with it is that most the guides dictate that you need a good build but I managed to learn to kill him 10 times in 10 mins at level 0 (potentially) with early gear.

I was level 40, but theoritically level doesnt matter as this is knockdown dependant. The biggest gripe is killing Bishop and Evil eye before with bad gear on hard. Anyway, what you do is you get him to warp above the abyss opposite the sparyard entrance and knock him down (easier than you think, I can get him to warp there everytime using the same method like clockwork)

Exit/re-enter and rinse repeat.

Has to be a bow class unfortunately with minimum fivefold, 470 knockdown think it is and the quick nock augment. Thats all you need. Now to get that knockdown at that I used is the Dragons Ire bow enchanted once and 2 x Barbed Nails (could be increased further with better gear).

On Hard it takes 9 x fivefolds with blast arrows and 470 knockdown to kill him, normal/easy it takes 3 x fivefolds (On hard, with the impact augment and the Dragons Ire dragonforged once, it would take 6 x fivefolds).

On hard, I went from level 40 to 161 in 10mins, on normal I went from level 40 to level 145 in 10mins. Big difference on normal is the arrow usage, only takes 15 arrows per cycle.

Only con is restocking, but then you can use the riftstone and ur pawn as a item stash in the sparyard riftstone if you have RC to fix.

Post Daimon, you can spawn him in Fortress of Remembrance using Rancid Meat and kill him over the abyss there as well pretty easily.

As for the platinum speedrun guide, I am debating now on maybe starting on easy and doing 3 x playthroughs against starting on hard and doing 2 x playthroughs.

Game is much more forgiving for beginners on easy, only problem is that money is harder to acquire.

Another stumbling block is the 3000 kills, this is the biggest problem with a platinum speedrun. It seems I only have about 800 kills with every other trophy required. Means I must AFK GS for 3 hours or so ;(

I know starting on hard will be a little bit quicker, or it would seem, its just for beginners, starting on hard may waste more time due to too many deaths??

Do you guys think its best for a platinum speedrun guide beginning on easy mode or hard mode, and what is your reasoning?? I'm truly curious as I can quite decide which is best
If you would like to edit this user's signature, then do so by clicking here

optimusmart
3 weeks ago#2
Got a video off it here guys;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHjbFIonLpY

See how easy it is

User Info: ImTheKing

ImTheKing
3 weeks ago#3
Idk about others but I always start on hard mode even as a lvl 1. So much gold and xp seems way faster and better for guides too to be in hard mode.
Dark Souls > Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls 2

optimusmart
3 weeks ago#4
@ImTheKing posted...
Idk about others but I always start on hard mode even as a lvl 1. So much gold and xp seems way faster and better for guides too to be in hard mode.

Thanks for the reply ;)

Ive got a fast levelling guide for 0-74 in 30mins which uses hard mode but after learning that Death farm above, u will see that doing it on normal vs farming it on hard isnt that much quicker.

On hard I go from level 40-162 in 10mins, on Normal I go from 40-145 in 10mins. Not much difference

Utilising the above method, XP doesnt matter too much and for DP, you must afk the GS knights anyway for 3000 kills.

The biggest advantage of hard mode which im struggling to find a workaround for on normal is money, but is that a bigger worry than the difficulty for beginners??

Im trying to imagine that im a complete beginner, from that perspective, hard mode would be too difficult no?? Even the 0-74 in 30 may be hard to pull off for a noob, im thinking the void key gauntlet and evil eye.

I remember when I first did the gauntlet on hard, took me literally about 3hrs!

Starting on normal means another playthrough for the hardmode trophy, but a run can be done really quick. Just beginning to think beginners are.better off that way than the potential off finding a hard NG difficult.....

User Info: arcanedarsen

arcanedarsen
3 weeks ago#5
Starting a fresh character directly on Hardmode is a better option if the player knows already the game, or has access to OP Pawns from friends at least IMO.
Still doable for rookie players though, and very profitable overall, killing goblins on Verda Woods (respawning them by the camp next to the lake) or Gran Soren soldiers on An Uninvited Guest on Hardmode gets you lots of vocation points too. Mix that with Veteran's Periapts and/or Bezel Crown Bow and your vocation points skyrocket like crazy. On Hardmode 10K gold bags come without effort, so you don't even need to farm BBI chests to afford Periapts.

Farming Death pre Daimon is really easy even on Hardmode as you say, but a bit of preparation is needed. On FoR is simply a matter of using Blast Arrows plus some knockback help in the form of Barbed Nails, Emphasis aug or Cursed King's o whatever.

On Bloodless Stockade, is advisable the player gets previously some BBI lv3 weapon from friends or another account and tries to get Blackwing Bow (purify while on yellow vocations IIRC) and GDF it via some Cursed Dragon. A band for Ninefold and Explosive Volley is not needed because you only need Magick Rebalancer (far cheaper than Demon's Periapts or Salomet's) and Ricochet spam for this.

Farming Death on Bloodless Stockade is very productive if the player also kills the Living Armor in SoSM and makes Diredragons spawn there; plus several Elder Ogres in Bloodless Stockade in the meanwhile Death is not spawning. The other day i was farming Death this way and got 3 Elder Ogres in a row until Death decided to show its ass.
Not to mention is so cheap you can get 3-4 Death kills under the 10 minute mark with a bit of luck if you can knock it to the ground; not using light sources at all helps for this.

Don't forget to bring Veteran's Periapts to this exp fest. The only downside is usually the player has a build in mind and needs to change vocations between levels, so this method is only productive for getting exp for rented pawns, or if the player wants a pure magick defense build (unlikely xD), but not for getting to lv200 fast and a planned build at the same time.
GT: ArcaneDarsen - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Solace
PS ID: Darsen_CR

optimusmart
3 weeks ago#6
@arcanedarsen posted...
Starting a fresh character directly on Hardmode is a better option if the player knows already the game, or has access to OP Pawns from friends at least IMO.
Still doable for rookie players though, and very profitable overall, killing goblins on Verda Woods (respawning them by the camp next to the lake) or Gran Soren soldiers on An Uninvited Guest on Hardmode gets you lots of vocation points too. Mix that with Veteran's Periapts and/or Bezel Crown Bow and your vocation points skyrocket like crazy. On Hardmode 10K gold bags come without effort, so you don't even need to farm BBI chests to afford Periapts.

Yea, im thinking about all skill types so I have to consider absolute noobs into the equation

Trying to stay clear of online pawns as some may not have access to them

What is the GS soldiers farm during An Uninvited Guest you speak off??

arcanedarsen posted...
Farming Death pre Daimon is really easy even on Hardmode as you say, but a bit of preparation is needed. On FoR is simply a matter of using Blast Arrows plus some knockback help in the form of Barbed Nails, Emphasis aug or Cursed King's o whatever.

On Bloodless Stockade, is advisable the player gets previously some BBI lv3 weapon from friends or another account and tries to get Blackwing Bow (purify while on yellow vocations IIRC) and GDF it via some Cursed Dragon. A band for Ninefold and Explosive Volley is not needed because you only need Magick Rebalancer (far cheaper than Demon's Periapts or Salomet's) and Ricochet spam for this.

Farming Death on Bloodless Stockade is very productive if the player also kills the Living Armor in SoSM and makes Diredragons spawn there; plus several Elder Ogres in Bloodless Stockade in the meanwhile Death is not spawning. The other day i was farming Death this way and got 3 Elder Ogres in a row until Death decided to show its ass.
Not to mention is so cheap you can get 3-4 Death kills under the 10 minute mark with a bit of luck if you can knock it to the ground; not using light sources at all helps for this.

Don't forget to bring Veteran's Periapts to this exp fest. The only downside is usually the player has a build in mind and needs to change vocations between levels, so this method is only productive for getting exp for rented pawns, or if the player wants a pure magick defense build (unlikely xD), but not for getting to lv200 fast and a planned build at the same time.

You can kill Death 10 times in 10 minutes with that method I provided, all with a early build and at any level, but must be a bow class unfortunately

Maybe a blonde moment but what is FoR??

One thing I havent learnt is magic builds, unfortunately I cant utilise them or even advise the player on them because I have no clue.

Reference RC and gifted items, I cant advise those to players either due to the offline only restriction. Not every1 has access to it or even has friends, or even wants to make accounts on certain sites for requests

There is also the possibility of servers closing, I want the guide to be future proof

You have any good ideas for normal money farming which doesnt waste time and take you away from the platinum journey?

arcanedarsen
3 weeks ago#7
FoR is Fortress of Remembrance. When you enter for the very first time Death has a scripted spawn, just like on Garden of Ignominy. Unlike on Bloodless Stockade, the scripted Death spawn only occurs once.
Same happens for the scripted Cursed Dragon on preDaimon Pilgrim's Gauntlet, only spawns once no matter if you flee from it. In fact preDaimon Pilgrim's has not carrion monsters even if you use bait IIRC.
This is all for Pre Daimon runs, post Daimon is a different story.

Post Daimon is even more quick if the player uses Blast Arrows and glitches Death using ranci meat bait on Garden of Ignominy. You are next to Olra's for this method, so you can simply zone if you need to restock something.

On Hardmode you probably need some knockback via equipment/Emphasis (not 100% sure on this) because if you cannot knock it to the ground it usually flees almost instantly due to Blast Arrows doing insane damage. On Normal difficulty, Blast Arrows are enough to make it fall to the ground but not on HM.

Unfortunately, I don't know of a good method for gold farming on Normal that doesn't waste some time, probably your best bet is farm pre Daimon BBI chests before Dark Bishop (the very first damage check in BBI), Tower of Treasons Repaid has some great vanilla post game loot that sells for a good amount: Carnation, Berserkin, Fey Whisper, Cyclops Sigil and many more on that room only.

Apart from that, usually the best method involves post game and Everfall Wakestone farming.

optimusmart
3 weeks ago#8
Damn, was a blonde moment

Yea, ive mastered Death already, my 0-74 in 30mins uses the FoR cheese. I think I managed to kill Death in one go at level 60 on hardmode with the hunters bow, got a vid somewhere, took 300+BAs though ;)

Reference Post Daimon, you can spawn him in FoR with Rancid Meat and cheese him into the Abyss still. This is what I do on pre-Daimon bloodless stocade, cheese him over the abyss for 60sec kill cycles

Impact btw improves knockdown by 30%, I played with it a lot, definitely works. U dont really notice normal, but u do on hard

Damn, im thinking just UrDragon or Truedaimon farm then for cash.

What is the GS soldiers farm during An Univited Guest u mentioned?

arcanedarsen
3 weeks ago#9
optimusmart posted...
Damn, was a blonde moment

What is the GS soldiers farm during An Univited Guest u mentioned?

Yes apologies. That's a popular method since vanilla DD days for farming vocation points. Simply wait outside Duke's Demesne (cathedral zone where Maximilian stands for most of the game) and soldiers spawn infinitely in groups of 6 or so. It's really quick to max Vocations this way, but you can only do it during that post game quest. EDIT: bring a Blessed Flower or another Expx2 method for max profit on vocation points. Some people even let the game run and do other things because pawns usually are enough to deal with them. For this you can put the Arisen in some place the enemies cannot reach

Also, I know you can kill Death by making fall to the abyss in some rooms. When I say you can kill it 3-4 times over in the 10 minute span I mean killing it the normal way, in other words, reducing its HP to zero from scratch. This works much better by zoning to Bloodless Stockade from Sparyard of Scant Mercy, and not using light sources (not even beacons) for catching Death offguard due to not noticing your presence, thus knocking it to the groung easily and doing tons of damage thanks to 4xMagick Rebalancer+Ricochet spam.
Keep in mind it usually flees, so zoning is required. Some Stamina consumables (Liquid Vims or Mushroom Pottage from Fournival) are required too if you don't want to waste time waiting Stamina to regenerate naturally.

arcanedarsen
3 weeks ago#10
optimusmart posted...
les

Impact btw improves knockdown by 30%, I played with it a lot, definitely works. U dont really notice normal, but u do on hard

Yes, my bad. I meant Impact and not Emphasis. Impact is the aug that buffs knockdown.

Apologies for doublepost.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. death pre daimon farm, plus platinum speedrun advice
  • Topic Archived