• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Thick as Thieves - Auto-Fail upon accepting it?

User Info: VirusChris

VirusChris
1 month ago#1
OK I am REALLY confused on why this happened. I mean I was playing on the PC and I forgot that I had a Male Pawn invited in my party. Ran away, released him, rested at the inn, went to accept the Quest from the NPC to give the Thick as Thieves with the Lady Garbs on and upon accepting it and moving away for a sec...

The quest was an automatic failure.

Um... what?

Also the Female Bandit Leader is missing and I don't know what happened as I clearly teleported away. Then again I might've missed the few seconds of what my Pawns were doing so they might've screwed me over.

Guess I have to wait on a NG+ to correct this, huh?
"Spirt-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRAKIN SOUL!!!" ~ from my Virakins manga project.
Official Husband of Caster of the Fate/Extra boards | PSN: VirusChris

User Info: xool

xool
1 month ago#2
So your pawns killed Ophis right. (and the quest failed)

Because she became hostile when you first turned up with a male in the party.

And she was still hostile when you came back.. Because the fight had already started by the time you realized the you had a male pawn.?

..does that match what happened ?

VirusChris
1 month ago#3
I don't know. Ophis came straight out us and I warped out there immediately so I don't know if my Pawns killed her or not.

I removed said Male Pawn and return with an all Female party (with my Male Arisen disguised as Female) and visited the place a second time. She wasn't at the place. I searched high and low for her and I never saw her.

Basically when I got there for the Quest "Thick as Thieves" to turn up when there was no male for them to see and I accepted it, the quest failed and the game AUTO-SAVED when that happened causing me to not be able to go back and fix this.

I also heard this quest can be quite buggy at times too.
"Spirt-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRAKIN SOUL!!!" ~ from my Virakins manga project.

xool
1 month ago#4

Basically when I got there for the Quest "Thick as Thieves" to turn up when there was no male for them to see and I accepted it, the quest failed and the game AUTO-SAVED when that happened causing me to not be able to go back and fix this.

So if she wasn't there you must have got the quest from Betiah ?? If so I suspect the "Ophis Dead - Quest Failed" trigger happened straight after..

If you have a prevous "checkpoint save" you can revert to that - that'll be ever from a riftstone or sleeping at an Inn

[More generally] Depending on level she's quiet easy to kill. If she's not there then I'd 99% guess your pawns fought her and won before you got out.. There's no other reason for her not to be there.

If you wait about a week (or sleep 7 times) go back she should be back..

However if she was killed before she'll still be angry and the fight will start again.. It takes a long time for her to cool down.

VirusChris
1 month ago#5
I also got the Quest from Betiah (or whoever that Bandit NPC is at the bottom near the gates) and not Ophis herself.

Also my level and Pawn's are at 80. So yeah... I'm pretty sure a few hits she's down.

And... you mean the Checkpoint Save system? Sadly I used that and it sent me back to the "Quest Failed" part as the game auto-saved there and even reloading my Save File went there too. Though I did use the reload Save instead of Last Checkpoint.

It's better to do a NG+ then. Oh well. It's one quest and I'll lose out on an item for a Notice Board Quest. I went there for the Grimoire quest as well, but oh yeah.

Sometimes it's not worth all the hassle for a single quest. I'll try again next time.

xool
1 month ago#6
VirusChris posted...
Though I did use the reload Save instead of Last Checkpoint.

Checkpoint should be before the last save - they're different points. (be careful though - it can be a way back)

xool
1 month ago#7
I just sent you one, just in case (check your rents at an Inn)

You pawn is guardian btw, -- she'd be a lot more attacky with other people as a different inclination

VirusChris
4 weeks ago#8
Sent me one, what?

Also WHAT? I made sure my Pawn is a Fighter! Ugh... sometimes these Inclinations need more personal control.

Wait... are you using the PS4 or PC version? This happened to me on the PC version. My Pawn there is Ami Rozu (or Amy for the moniker) and she has pink hair and is a Warrior atm. My PS4 Pawn is Iris DeLivia and has blonde hair and is a Strider.

Just to be sure.

xool
4 weeks ago#9
yeah I sent you a badge on PS4..

VirusChris
4 weeks ago#10
Which I already have on the PS4. ^_^;
Well it was the thought that counts.

I should've mentioned somewhere this happened on the PC version, considering I did this A-OK on the PS4 without issues.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Thick as Thieves - Auto-Fail upon accepting it?
  • Topic Archived