• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. What is the best build for a Strider?

User Info: VirusChris

VirusChris
2 months ago#1
I prefer the basic Strider class over the Assassin one, namely for that OP Brain Splitter skill it has, and how veritable it is.

That said I'm working on maxing out ALL of my Vocation classes to max rank to unlock all of their Core and Augment Skills to mix and match to create a truly powerful Vocation. Please some Secret Augments too.

Anyway I'm curious is to what the best and most recommended Augment skills are perfect for a super powerful Strider?

This is mainly for my Arisen, though something for my Pawn would be nice too.
"Invoke... VIRAKIN SOUL!!!" ~ from my Virakins global manga project.
Official Husband of Caster of the Fate/Extra boards

User Info: vonhizzle

vonhizzle
2 months ago#2
Clout
Vehemence
Eminence
Impact
Opportunism
Adhesion
Ignis [vonhizzle] ... Aqua [vonhizzle2] ... Terra [vonhizzle3] ... Venus [vonhizzle4] ... Saturn [vonhizzle5]
https://www.twitch.tv/vonhizzle

User Info: AliceUnchained

AliceUnchained
2 months ago#3
vonhizzle posted...
Clout
Vehemence
Eminence
Impact
Opportunism
Adhesion

I agree. I often replace Impact with Sinew because I love collecting loot, but honestly this combo would be the best for max damage.

I love playing strider as well, it's my 2nd fave vocation after magick archer.
AliceUnchained3 - Freyja - Sorceress
yunabug18 and AliceUnchained4/5/7/8/9/0 are my other accts.

User Info: thefernus

thefernus
2 months ago#4
The listed augments are a great choice for normal play, but an alternative for even more overall damage would be to replace Eminence and Opportunism (since they wouldn't be needed in this setup due to the augment bonus cap) with Sanctuary and Exhilaration and play at red health.

This gives +78% strength from augments (very close to the maximum cap of 80%) to ALL attacks not just jumping and climbing ones, while making you almost immune to physical damage as long as you have 800+ defense.
LOLI IS HOLY!
PSN/pawn - grandglutton/Leviatha; Loli_Nation/Lolinator Jr; Laifu4Waifu/GuardNexus; Minataura/Minataur; Lolinator3rd/Altair; LolinaInverse/Lina

vonhizzle
2 months ago#5
thefernus posted...
The listed augments are a great choice for normal play, but an alternative for even more overall damage would be to replace Eminence and Opportunism (since they wouldn't be needed in this setup due to the augment bonus cap) with Sanctuary and Exhilaration and play at red health.

This gives +78% strength from augments (very close to the maximum cap of 80%) to ALL attacks not just jumping and climbing ones, while making you almost immune to physical damage as long as you have 800+ defense.

This may work on normal, but you won't be immune to damage on hard. Also the visual and audio affects of playing in the red are horrible.
Ignis [vonhizzle] ... Aqua [vonhizzle2] ... Terra [vonhizzle3] ... Venus [vonhizzle4] ... Saturn [vonhizzle5]

thefernus
2 months ago#6
vonhizzle posted...
thefernus posted...

This may work on normal, but you won't be immune to damage on hard. Also the visual and audio affects of playing in the red are horrible.

With 800+ defense and Sanctuary you are practically immune to physical damage on Hard (can take like 100 damage from hammer smashes while pinned by an eliminator etc, but not much more than that), I would know as my main account runs this setup on Hard. Magic can still destroy you but it can on Normal too.
LOLI IS HOLY!
PSN/pawn - grandglutton/Leviatha; Loli_Nation/Lolinator Jr; Laifu4Waifu/GuardNexus; Minataura/Minataur; Lolinator3rd/Altair; LolinaInverse/Lina

vonhizzle
2 months ago#7
thefernus posted...
vonhizzle posted...
thefernus posted...

With 800+ defense and Sanctuary you are practically immune to physical damage on Hard (can take like 100 damage from hammer smashes while pinned by an eliminator etc, but not much more than that), I would know as my main account runs this setup on Hard. Magic can still destroy you but it can on Normal too.

I also run that setup on a 657 base defense build w/ 1400 total physical defense iirc and I was not immune to physical damage.

/e I see you said almost immune now so ok lol I still don't think it is worth it though.

thefernus
2 months ago#8
vonhizzle posted...
thefernus posted...
vonhizzle posted...
thefernus posted...

I also run that setup on a 657 base defense build w/ 1400 total physical defense iirc and I was not immune to physical damage.

/e I see you said almost immune now so ok lol I still don't think it is worth it though.

With 1400 you should be taking 1 damage from pretty much all physical attacks, you may have been taking significant damage from Living Armors' sword attacks but I suspect those have a magic component (you can take 1 damage from eliminator smashes and Daimon's phantom claws yet still get mauled by living armor swords).
LOLI IS HOLY!

vonhizzle
2 months ago#9
thefernus posted...
vonhizzle posted...
thefernus posted...
vonhizzle posted...
thefernus posted...

With 1400 you should be taking 1 damage from pretty much all physical attacks, you may have been taking significant damage from Living Armors' sword attacks but I suspect those have a magic component (you can take 1 damage from eliminator smashes and Daimon's phantom claws yet still get mauled by living armor swords).

Ah that could be it because the living armors still hurt.

User Info: VirusChris

VirusChris
2 months ago#10
Hmm... I guess I'll try those out.

I finally came back from work and almost done with Warrior's Vocation to max. I take it most of those Augments are from Strider, but the others are from other different Vocation? Well I'm still going to max out all Vocations regardless to mix and match what I want.

So those Augment you listed guys also work out fine with the Pawn as well?
"Invoke... VIRAKIN SOUL!!!" ~ from my Virakins global manga project.
Official Husband of Caster of the Fate/Extra boards
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. What is the best build for a Strider?
  • Topic Archived