I need advice on equipping a low level pawn

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. I need advice on equipping a low level pawn

User Info: phishface

phishface
2 weeks ago#1
(This is a copy + paste from the Xbox one board - I'm trying to get as much input as possible!)

Until I get back online, I'm stuck with a friend's lvl4 pawn:

Fighter
1 skill lvl
Blink Strike + Shield Summons
Str 92
Mag 66
Def 89
Mag Def 66

Luckily I've also got @highlander39rm 's Lara (I think the best healer mage I've ever seen), along with my own lvl200 pawn. We do ok in Gransys, but BBI can be a struggle. I don't mind that the lvl4 gets knocked out a lot, but I can't let her go back to the rift (because I can't access it) - the danger comes from needing to revive her.

Equipment is the answer. I'm constantly df'ing stuff for her to try to get her defences and resistances as good as possible. I've just done a full set of Steel armour, but while the physical defence is great, the resistances fall away (compared to what I've already put on her).

I think the leather circlet is essential, and she's got a df rusted sword. As for the rest, what would you equip her with to make her as survivable as possible?

Thanks
Polo, or mounted combat: https://youtu.be/qC98aGytX10

User Info: highlander39rm

highlander39rm
2 weeks ago#2
phishface posted...
Luckily I've also got @highlander39rm 's Lara (I think the best healer mage I've ever seen), along with my own lvl200 pawn.

Good to know that my girl is pulling her weight :-)

About your question, the only answer I have for you is "the stronger the better". Unfortunately you can't gift BBI gear, that would be the best answer.

Oh, perhaps two savior rings? You will go through a lot of trouble to gift those, but the health pool will become great.
XBL/PSN: highlander13rm
The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear. - Mandela

User Info: tenchi1981

tenchi1981
2 weeks ago#3
Give a mage pawn legions might and they can only be killed by death(bbi death) diamond vortex attack petrification and falling off cliffs

Every other class the answer is tough

You can give them the strongest gear you find
You can give them gold rarity ancient set to make them immune to most statuses

Or you can find the cheeseable bbi fights that drop bbi armor and weapons
With fiend lure
Rotunda of dread
---3 elder ogres 3 eliminators 3 sirens
Stand on the upper ledge above the tree roots and range attack them all till they try to get to you and they will kill them selves
You could do this solo at lvl 8 if it wasn't for the sirens they should be felt with before you attack anything else

The black abbey has 2 fiend lure fights you can cheese but it's harder to get to
For loving very quickly
5 garm
2 hellhounds
And some wargs
The hellhounds need to die asap they can hit you fast and almost anywhere
The garm can be tricked in to jumping off the cliff
Once the hellhounds are taken care of by your pawns stand on the outer edge of the upper ledge on the broken pillar between the 2 chests the garm will randomly jump off the edge

Do this till you can deal reasonable damage to the massive condemned gorecyclops
The midnight helix one can be forced to fight a cursed dragon for you witch can df your gear and weaken the gore cyclops or the other way around
The gorecyclops can drop armor and weapon lvl 2
3ds 5258-3205-0664 psn tenchi136 luna 92 warrior tenchi134 lina 200 ranger
Psn tenchi132 pawn liby 200 strider

phishface
2 weeks ago#4
@highlander39rm Yeah it's lucky I hired her before losing internet. It'll obv be a 1 mil RC hire by the time I get back online

@tenchi1981 Thanks - I might do the ancient set [edit - no I won't, because a fighter can't use it]. But on the xbox you can't gift BBI stuff. I wish I could - I've got loads of hellfire bits I never use (although there'd still be the stamina drain)

User Info: xxAcidxReignxx

xxAcidxReignxx
2 weeks ago#5
Only some parts of the ancient set can’t be used by fighters, look i to using some parts of it. I’d probably also maybe recommend a dragonblood ring. Definitely go with the rusted sword, and then that’s going to be mostly covered.

Ancient circlet
Ancient gloves/boots
Tattered mantle
Dragonblood ring

Between these four items, all of your debilitation resistances will be covered (while being df’d)
PSN: i--Reyes--i
FC: 4055-5875-3175

User Info: vonhizzle

vonhizzle
2 weeks ago#6
what about dukes outfit?
Ignis [vonhizzle] ... Aqua [vonhizzle2] ... Terra [vonhizzle3] ... Venus [vonhizzle4] ... Saturn [vonhizzle5]
https://www.twitch.tv/vonhizzle

phishface
2 weeks ago#7
xxAcidxReignxx posted...
Only some parts of the ancient set can’t be used by fighters, look i to using some parts of it. I’d probably also maybe recommend a dragonblood ring. Definitely go with the rusted sword, and then that’s going to be mostly covered.

Ancient circlet
Ancient gloves/boots
Tattered mantle
Dragonblood ring

Between these four items, all of your debilitation resistances will be covered (while being df’d)

Thanks, this is really good. All that + steel armour for physical looks to be the best I can do.

I'm not sure re the Duke's Outfit. I can't gift her gf, and the resistances on the df version are good, but I'm thinking I could probably do better with separate pieces

User Info: bunnyrebellion

bunnyrebellion
2 weeks ago#8
as a fashion dogma player, I just bring monks periapts and potent greenwarish. true, pawns don’t always use them, but at least you survive until you reach the next riftstone to resummon. Spring water is insta-heal too, faster than a mage or greenwarish if a support pawn carries, they pop one mid-fatal blow to heal you.

if you choose the rotunda of dread or black abbey, you can power-level on the respawning enemies, the pawn picks up levels even while KO-d (on knees), revive after fight. the riftstone is close enough to resummon if you can’t revive in time. Let the support do the fighting. My pawn yoshi was unconscious for most of his leveling up in the beginning.

once the HP and DEF goes up, survivability should improve, you can fight more stuff to get better drops.
XBL bunny of honor
PSN bunnyrebellion

phishface
2 weeks ago#9
Thanks, but just to be clear: my own pawn is lvl200 in full gf hellfire gear. She does not need levelling. The pawn I'm asking about is a lvl 4 hired pawn who I cannot level, cannot give BBI gear to, and cannot resummon because I can't get online
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. I need advice on equipping a low level pawn

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived