Original Pawn Sharing Club #18

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Original Pawn Sharing Club #18

User Info: WhaleWhiskers

WhaleWhiskers
1 week ago#331
Around 75% complete with the main storyline. Thanks to Apollo, Ellie, Evelyn, Lynette, and Ran for tagging along with me.

Well, I can't genuinely thank Apollo. He killed the Griffin before right before it flew away to Bluemoon Tower. Now Bear only has two stars for knowledge on Griffin's Bane.

To be fair, Apollo also soloed the Drake in Devilfire Gorge so I can't really complain too much.

User Info: Sabram

Sabram
1 week ago#332
Thanks to the person who hired my pawn and gave her some kickass gear, and a few hundred thousand rift crystals to bring back.

I'm sorry I forget who it was, I think their psn name is oOEVILOo_x360a, and I don't recall who that is on here.

Also, if someone wouldn't mind telling me. What are good inclinations to have on a hybrid mage pawn, that does both dps and heals/buffs?

Edit the 2nd: How do I find people's pawns from the list on the site? I try searching by class and level but the ones I'm looking for don't show up
Finally completed the Platinum for Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 on Vita.
PSN: Sabram - NNID: Lord.Sabram
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: WhaleWhiskers

WhaleWhiskers
1 week ago#333
Mages naturally use Anodyne and Halidom when necessary and typically use buffs at the beginning of the fight. I'd imagine you'd want a Utilitarian & Mitigator/Challenger/Scather for inclinations. Just choose the secondary inclination based on what you want your pawn to focus on first.

It seems a lot of people like Pioneer as well. I hate it and would never recommend it but there must be some merit to it as nearly every pawn I've rented from the OPSC has it as the primary.

EDIT: There's a search bar you can use near the top on the club list page
PSN: WhaleWhiskers
(edited 1 week ago)

Sabram
1 week ago#334
WhaleWhiskers posted...
Mages naturally use Anodyne and Halidom when necessary and typically use buffs at the beginning of the fight. I'd imagine you'd want a Utilitarian & Mitigator/Challenger/Scather for inclinations. Just choose the secondary inclination based on what you want your pawn to focus on first.

It seems a lot of people like Pioneer as well. I hate it and would never recommend it but there must be some merit to it as nearly every pawn I've rented from the OPSC has it as the primary.

EDIT: There's a search bar you can use near the top on the club list page

Need to look up what all the inclinations actually do...

As for the second part, i know how to find the pawns i want to hire on the site, but finding them in the game is a bit of a pain. Though I figured to just search by PSN ID.

User Info: YoruPoru

YoruPoru
1 week ago#335
@Sabram posted...
Thanks to the person who hired my pawn and gave her some kickass gear, and a few hundred thousand rift crystals to bring back.

I'm sorry I forget who it was, I think their psn name is oOEVILOo_x360a, and I don't recall who that is on here.

Also, if someone wouldn't mind telling me. What are good inclinations to have on a hybrid mage pawn, that does both dps and heals/buffs?

Edit the 2nd: How do I find people's pawns from the list on the site? I try searching by class and level but the ones I'm looking for don't show up

That was me. We had her yesterday.

@WhaleWhiskers posted...
Around 75% complete with the main storyline. Thanks to Apollo, Ellie, Evelyn, Lynette, and Ran for tagging along with me.

Well, I can't genuinely thank Apollo. He killed the Griffin before right before it flew away to Bluemoon Tower. Now Bear only has two stars for knowledge on Griffin's Bane.

To be fair, Apollo also soloed the Drake in Devilfire Gorge so I can't really complain too much.

Thank you for taking them! Sorry about Apollo. A Griffin knocked him into the brine on the PS3 version and he's still holding a grudge. xP
PSN Totoro_Teto | Lv. 200 Fighter - Ellie
https://yoruporu.imgur.com/

User Info: Orasion_Seiz

Orasion_Seiz
1 week ago#336
WhaleWhiskers posted...

Pioneers will be in certain distance from the arisen before attacking or casting spells. Very popular with Sorcerers or mages as they want to be in distance from enemies you are fighting before casting there spells. Its not for all personally i dont use it as a primary as it can have some disadvantages sometimes.
The strong shall live, the weak shall perish.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: krys_strabec

krys_strabec
1 week ago#337
Lynette would like to thank:

OPSC member(s) ...
- @WhaleWhiskers (pawn Bear) for 34,219 RC, Apple, 5/5/5 ratings and I'd have your pawn again!
PSN:Krys-Strabec Galileo, Ranger| Strabec Lynette, Fighter
https://thegreystormlegacy.wordpress.com/ original epic fantasy
(edited 1 week ago)

Sabram
1 week ago#338
YoruPoru posted...
@Sabram posted...

That was me. We had her yesterday.

@WhaleWhiskers posted...

Thank you for taking them! Sorry about Apollo. A Griffin knocked him into the brine on the PS3 version and he's still holding a grudge. xP

Thanks a ton then! Hope she wasn't too disappointing.

When I have days off from work I'm going to train her up more, and get her inclinations changed properly. Is Scather/Utilitarian or Scather/Medicant better for a hybrid buff/heal/damage pawn? The way I plan to have her skills set is 3 damage skills, Anodyne, 1 buff (depending on what I'm off to fight) and Halidom.

User Info: frogwalloper

frogwalloper
1 week ago#339
@YoruPoru posted...
Ellie is in her Halloween costume for this month, so she's going to be really squishy.

What's funny to me is that even a squishy version of Ellie is hundreds of points tougher than my pawn. Great costume, though I'm still trying to figure out who she's dressed up as... but don't tell me! It's been a fun little puzzle.

Lu's got a decent costume idea, I think - if a little obscure - just have to get a few things from the story first.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: frogwalloper

frogwalloper
1 week ago#340
@Sabram posted...
When I have days off from work I'm going to train her up more, and get her inclinations changed properly. Is Scather/Utilitarian or Scather/Medicant better for a hybrid buff/heal/damage pawn? The way I plan to have her skills set is 3 damage skills, Anodyne, 1 buff (depending on what I'm off to fight) and Halidom.

Personally, I'm a little leery of Scather on casters. I think the list @WhaleWhiskers wrote is good.

Pioneer can be a blessing and a curse. The greater range of operation it grants casters means they won't cancel spells as much if the arisen gets too far away. However it sometimes encourages them to get too close to the action, and they can wind up cancelling spells just from being jostled about.

It probably depends on a player's style and the secondary inclination. Pioneer may not be as necessary for a player who relies primarily on melee, or for a pawn with Scather. Mitigators and Challengers tend to need a longer leash. For a Mage with Medicant, it might be unnecessary since usually you want them nearby anyway.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Original Pawn Sharing Club #18

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.