• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Most fun after Assassin?

User Info: lamedude45

lamedude45
5 months ago#1
I’m having a ball with my Assassin. And in post game I’m able to grind out some discipline across other classes now that I’m at lvl 105. So my question is: once I’ve gotten the Assassin loadout done (long way to go) what’s the consensus #1 most fun? Heard a lot about mystic knight and Magick archer.....
I'm so bored, probably.
PSN: Lion-whelp

User Info: CarbideTitan

CarbideTitan
5 months ago#2
Strider was my favorite. It plays a lot like Assassin but it's got some more unique moves and a slightly different play style.
PSN: CarbideTitan
Clips load magazines; Magazines load guns.

User Info: Zend01

Zend01
5 months ago#3
After Assassin, IMO is Fighter. Especially if your playing on Hard Mode, you need to be more cautious of enemies than most other vocations as you don't have much mobility and lack climbing attacks.

Strider is not much different from Dagger Assassin.

User Info: kuroishironeko

kuroishironeko
5 months ago#4
Strider for sure. Hailstorm Volley and Brain Splitter are always so much fun.

After that, Sorcerer with (High) Maelstrom. It's just so awesome to sweep everyone up have them flail helplessly in the air. And it's mostly an insta kill on most small-medium sized stuff, which makes it perfect for Discipline farming.
Souma Ria will forever be my favourite girl

User Info: Skyfiredraconus

Skyfiredraconus
5 months ago#5
i hear a lot about strider myself... but i can't get past my magic archer.

The combo of immolation climbing and ricochet hunter just makes me all sorts of happy on virtually any fight the game can throw at me.

There are other skills that are fun too (lookin at you advanced trigger and/or shadowsnare) but my loadout is always this:

dagger/magick bow (keep a staff for when you want/need to levitate somewhere).

Dagger:

Instant reset
Immolation
Hundred Kisses

Magick bow:

Ricochet Hunter
Explosive Rivet
Ninefold bolt (sixfold if you don't have the ring).

Not sure if they even exist but i'd love to get a ninefold bolt/thousand kisses ring (only have the 9fold so far) or at least 9fold/explosive volley (upgraded version of explosive rivet) but my luck with rings sucks lol.

I'm a hybrid build btw... near equal str and magic with a slight lean towards str (i climb more than shoot so i aug an extra str aug).

gl :)
PSN: Skyfiredraco
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (pawn: Kira U/C/M support mage)

CarbideTitan
5 months ago#6
Yeah, I like MA a lot as well. Assassins are more well suited for climbing than Striders. Striders can fight a lot like warriors with brain Splitter or more like Assassin with bows and climbing.

Saying Strider is just like Assassin with daggers is like saying Fighter is just like Assassin with Shield and sword.

Assassin has the unique ability to be whatever the hell it wants lol.

User Info: lamedude45

lamedude45
5 months ago#7
Would you say fighter or strider does more damage straight up? I like the high DPS role. I think I’ll make my pawn a mage
I'm so bored, probably.
PSN: Lion-whelp

CarbideTitan
5 months ago#8
Well... Strider can one shot Daimon...

User Info: kuroishironeko

kuroishironeko
5 months ago#9
CarbideTitan posted...

Ranger, though.
Souma Ria will forever be my favourite girl

CarbideTitan
5 months ago#10
kuroishironeko posted...
CarbideTitan posted...

Ranger, though.

Ranger is just slightly less nuclear than Striders. Striders work better at close range since they have both Brain-Splitter and Hailstorm Volley.

Here's a couple vids that show exactly what it's capable of.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UVFd8VRqLS4

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rAszlATF5nA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qypHQZ8Id0c
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Most fun after Assassin?
  • Topic Archived