• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. How to post game exactly...?

User Info: lamedude45

lamedude45
5 months ago#1
So tell me if I got this right: I can run the BBI gauntlet over and over again for loot, or drop through the everfall in search of the dragon and even more loot. Pretty much correct..?

And the Online dragon is kind of random and appears at limited time?
I'm so bored, probably.
PSN: Lion-whelp

User Info: Phil_Resch

Phil_Resch
5 months ago#2
Correct.

The online Ur Dragon is always there at its spot - provided that you're online, otherwise you fight the offline version.

BBI's loot is better than Everfall's loot, but Everfall's loot certainly comes in handy for the first few runs through BBI.

The problem with Everfall's loot is that you have to farm chests to get what you want from them, which makes the whole thing quite boring. If you don't know how to farm chests, I'll explain (or someone else will).

BBI's loot also requires farming, but it's a different kind of farming.
Google is your friend, use it.

lamedude45
5 months ago#3
Phil_Resch posted...
Correct.

The online Ur Dragon is always there at its spot - provided that you're online, otherwise you fight the offline version.

BBI's loot is better than Everfall's loot, but Everfall's loot certainly comes in handy for the first few runs through BBI.

The problem with Everfall's loot is that you have to farm chests to get what you want from them, which makes the whole thing quite boring. If you don't know how to farm chests, I'll explain (or someone else will).

BBI's loot also requires farming, but it's a different kind of farming.

I believe I can handle BBI so maybe I’ll forgo the everfall. Mind linking me to a good explanation of BBI farming methods. There are many and they are disparate
I'm so bored, probably.

Phil_Resch
5 months ago#4
The basic principle is that each chest in the Everfall holds a variety of very good armors and weapons, but there's only a certain % of chance that when you open it you'll get the cool items. Most of the times you'll get paltry consumables. So what we want to do is to open the chests again and again, but without waiting for them to respawn (all chests in the Everfall respawn after a few days).

So, how do we do it? We use the Godsbane. The Godsbane is a sword you received after the fight with Grigori (the big red dragon). It's not equipped as a weapon, but it's used like an item and its purpose is to kill yourself (it'll make sense when you'll get to the ending).

So that's what you do: you save in front of a chest, you open it, and if you don't get what you want you kill yourself with the Godsbane and reload the last save.

Here's a list of what every chest contains:
http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Everfall_Loot

And here's a map of the Everfall to help you navigate it:
http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/The_Everfall_(Post-Dragon)

EDIT: oh crap, you said BBI farming.

BBI farming is technically easier, although not faster. First, you run through all of it once and kill the final boss. After you do that once, BBI changes (new enemy spawns) and, when you get to the final boss again, he'll have a second form too. After the final boss, there are a few chests you can open which hold very high chances of having high tier BBI items. So you simply kill the final boss over and over to open those chests. There are also a few other chests throughout BBI with chances for rare items, but farming the final boss is quicker.

The caveat with BBI high tier items is that when you get the items from the chest, you don't know what they actually are until you get Orla to purify them for you. So you must get unpurified items over and over until you get what you want. Saving and reloading before purfying doesn't work, because purifications are not random: each time you start a playthrough, you're assigned a table of purifications you must go through. So, even if you save and reload, you'd still get the same things. You must get new unpurified items.

You can, however, manipulate the kind of items you purify by changing your vocation and your pawn's. For example, if you're both red vocations, you're guaranteed to get items for a red vocation.

lamedude45
5 months ago#5
And similarly, is it advisable to do BBi with high lvl pawns beside you (to make things go faster) or is it better to go it alone
I'm so bored, probably.

Phil_Resch
5 months ago#6
lamedude45 posted...
And similarly, is it advisable to do BBi with high lvl pawns beside you (to make things go faster) or is it better to go it alone

The first few times it's not a bad idea to go with high level pawns, as things are quite hard there. You'll get less exp (having high level pawns lessens your exp gain), but you'll die less often. When you're high level yourself and you're accustomed with BBI, you can ditch the high level pawns.

(I also updated the previous post with BBI farming)

User Info: thefernus

thefernus
5 months ago#7
lamedude45 posted...

Twink pawns like most of the ones in my sig, they give you a bonus to XP (if they are lower level than you) yet can carry you through most of BBI. :D

Also, much of the Everfall gear can bought from merchants in the Everfall instead of farming.
LOLI IS HOLY!
PSN/pawn - grandglutton/Leviatha; Loli_Nation/Lolinator Jr; Laifu4Waifu/GuardNexus; Minataura/Minataur; Lolinator3rd/Altair; LolinaInverse/Lina

lamedude45
5 months ago#8
@thefernus and @Phil_Resch

Thank you guys for the detailed explanations! I think I get it now theoretically and can’t wait to dive in. I will be sure to hire your pawns. Feel free to hire me too if you like

PSN Lion-whelp
Atreus is my pawn
I'm so bored, probably.

User Info: vonhizzle

vonhizzle
5 months ago#9
This was my my farming run with assassin. There are other chests and you can also godsbane but I found it not worth it. I go for the fastest time but still grab high probability chests on the way. After killing Daimon go to Gran Soren and rest 3-4 days to reset the chests. Also a tip is to rest until night so that you can use bloodlust augment for 20% extra attack and magick.

https://youtu.be/e9silgoptI4
[vonhizzle] Terra lvl 51 Strider
[vonhizzle2] Aqua lvl 51 Strider

Phil_Resch
5 months ago#10
I have a level 200 sorcerer pawn. I built him to have high magic (well, of course) but also high HP and good DEF, so he's not as squishy as many other sorcerers in rift. If you want to hire him send me a friend request, to have him for free.

My PSN: ReinhartDoomlord
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. How to post game exactly...?
  • Topic Archived