Living Armor (Plus inclination questions)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Living Armor (Plus inclination questions)

User Info: Zeraxi

Zeraxi
3 months ago#1
How do YOU deal with em?

Im a ranger/strider (whatever i purify BBI weapons for) and my mage is..well..a mage.

He doesnt often use attacks though (I need to check his inclination as well)

So my two questions are,

How does one deal with living armor without either magic (pure sorc) or physical attack (pure..well..the rest)

and

What are the best mage inclinations?

I used to be utilitarian and medicant but I wonder if there are other good ones
PSN: Zeraxi, Pawn: Mage, level 68 and rising, Max weight mule, Please use him :3 <3

User Info: Orasion_Seiz

Orasion_Seiz
3 months ago#2
Frigor is the only offensive spell i find usefull on a mage. I rarely put any when i switch my pawn just support spell. Or just play as magick archer destroys living armors easily. Inclinations is not that different to a sorcerer. Challenger/mitigator is always the best. Remove medicant mage pawns will always heal anyway.
PSN: sieg_valentine
DD:DA pawn: Caleigh lvl 200

Zeraxi
3 months ago#3
I noticed Frazel does like no damage and just occasionally freezes monsters as my pawn gets thrashed around though.

Magic archer can deal with anything basically but I dont want to switch to a vocation just for one enemy if that makes sense
PSN: Zeraxi, Pawn: Mage, level 68 and rising, Max weight mule, Please use him :3 <3

User Info: Orasion_Seiz

Orasion_Seiz
3 months ago#4
Sorry i meant frigor.
PSN: sieg_valentine
DD:DA pawn: Caleigh lvl 200

User Info: thefernus

thefernus
3 months ago#5
Frazil sucks IMO lol.

You could change your mage to a sorc and use curatives for healing, I find that more efficient anyway than relying on mage healing.

Otherwise if there is a lack of offensive magic in the party you can lure the Living Armors to fall off ledges in the arena type room, use Mighty Bend or Dire Arrow to knock them off a cliff, or just run past them in areas without places they can fall to their doom.

Alternately just hire a sorc, my Lina Inverse (PSN LolinaInverse) is always ready to go! And she's low enough level she won't hurt your XP gain much.

For inclinations you can never go wrong with Pioneer for secondary, for anything basically.
Bringing loli to Dragon's Dogma!
PSN/pawn - grandglutton/Leviatha; Loli_Nation/Lolinator Jr; Laifu4Waifu/GuardNexus; Minataura/Minataur; Lolinator3rd/Altair

Zeraxi
3 months ago#6
I ended up just running around for 20 minutes waiting for my mage to be useful.

I'll definitely give your sorcerer a go!

I thought about switching from mage to sorcerer but an awesome guy gave me a great staff and i dont have any good arch staves.

I was scared i wouldnt kill daimon but he proved to be a pushover
100 blast arrows is all it took

I need to fix my pawns inclinations, Its at guardian right now which is just horrid, although it used to be a "-----"

User Info: CarbideTitan

CarbideTitan
3 months ago#7
There's a really simple way to deal with the one guarding the Sparyard. Use a Makers Finger on it.

I usually let my Sorcerer tear it limb from limb with a Maelstrom after I shatter it with a few Brain splitters
PSN: CarbideTitan
Clips load magazines; Magazines load guns.

User Info: valkyriePROfail

valkyriePROfail
3 months ago#8
Comestion without high upgrade, high frazil and levin are relatively useful offensive spells on a mage. Utilitarian/challenger and pawn will abuse elemental weaknesses and heal party when its really needed. My lvl28 mage twink pawn gets extremely positive feedback from random hires because all her gear and setup are made to help in every regard, supportively and offensively.
Lv200 Psn:ValkyriePROfail - Lenneth / Psn:Mustbeajoke - Hrist / Psn:Shy_valkyrie - Silmeria
Lv28 Psn:Twink_account Li'l Lenneth / Psn:Not_a_twink_acc Li'l Freya

User Info: DirtyBaz

DirtyBaz
3 months ago#9
Gravity is good for living armour fights on the arena type stages.

For the others if I'm playing magic archer I'll pin them in a corner with vortex funnel them ricochet shot them to bits. Having a sorc pawn with fulmination is a good solution too.
GF UR dragon weapons are decent at damaging it's spectral form if you have no better options.
Pawns - Skull Sniper(Bivage), Selene(EgaviB), Sophitia(Egavi13)
Dogmatography - http://game.capcom.com/dragonsdogma/en/screenshot-m35047.html

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
3 months ago#10
CarbideTitan posted...
There's a really simple way to deal with the one guarding the Sparyard. Use a Makers Finger on it.

I usually let my Sorcerer tear it limb from limb with a Maelstrom after I shatter it with a few Brain splitters

As you can make it kill itself easily by fall damage I would say that was a waste of money. When the Dire Frost Wyrm pops up then you might need it lol.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Living Armor (Plus inclination questions)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived