Powder Barrage is hilariously OP

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Powder Barrage is hilariously OP

User Info: thefernus

thefernus
6 months ago#1
Still learning new stuff about the game after all this time - I've tried the skill before but wasn't super impressed because it had iffy accuracy against some small enemies and didn't seem to do insane damage to them, but while my main account was trade banned I decided to do a full playthrough of BBI on Loli Jr's account with Lina to get her enemy kills and knowledge. I was assasssin with the band equipped and tried spamming it everywhere - holy s***! The damage isn't that incredible compared to skills like Brain Splitter and Ninefold but it can stunlock practically ANYTHING on Normal including Death! The 2 firedrakes in the Sparyard were super easy even with only 2 pawns since I could just use Powder Barrage over and over and keep knocking them back down, I was also able to keep Death from ever swinging his scythe by standing under him and using it while there was also a firedrake in the room (that could barely move due to also being stunlocked).

I should get an assassin's band on my Hard mode account and try it there to see if it still holds up but on Normal it might be the best assassin-exclusive skill, it's so brutal lol.
Bringing loli to Dragon's Dogma!
PSN/pawn - grandglutton/Leviatha; Loli_Nation/Lolinator Jr; Laifu4Waifu/GuardNexus; Minataura/Minataur; Lolinator3rd/Altair

User Info: valkyriePROfail

valkyriePROfail
6 months ago#2
Powder barrage with band was one of my fave setups against dragonskin cause of its stun potential while being so damn spammable.
Lv200 Psn:ValkyriePROfail - Lenneth / Psn:Mustbeajoke - Hrist / Psn:Shy_valkyrie - Silmeria
Lv28 Psn:Twink_account Li'l Lenneth / Psn:Not_a_twink_acc Li'l Freya

User Info: MayorOfMayhem

MayorOfMayhem
6 months ago#3
It’s a must have when soloing BBI, keeps those annoying ass maneaters in check. Not as convenient as some of the other methods like immolation or cloudburst+reset but still good.
Xbox: Soul of Manus
Psn: Grogladarr

User Info: Illnesssss

Illnesssss
6 months ago#4
I've never even tried it before...
Blade: "Some mother****** is always tryin' to ice skate uphill." PSN JSlither Pawn Ivellia
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Powder Barrage is hilariously OP

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived