Bring the NCNRNCHM solo pawn over Rotunda

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Bring the NCNRNCHM solo pawn over Rotunda

User Info: valkyriePROfail

valkyriePROfail
5 months ago#1
With NCNRNCHM I mean:
-No consumables of any kind
-No recapacitations
-No commands
-Hard Mode

Rotundra of dread 3eliminators+3elder ogres vs 1 pawn (afterwards having cleared sirens and aggroing ALL 6 together, not one by one)

Have been showed that fighters can do it, is there another vocation that can? Doubful but I think one particular class can do it.

Lets not spoil it yet. Thoughts?
Lv200 Psn:ValkyriePROfail - Lenneth / Psn:Mustbeajoke - Hrist / Psn:Shy_valkyrie - Silmeria
Lv28 Psn:Twink_account Li'l Lenneth / Psn:Not_a_twink_acc Li'l Freya

User Info: thefernus

thefernus
5 months ago#2
Mage could with Legion's Might after an eternity lol, sorcerer if it manages to get off a cast? With max boosted stagger resist and/or if the enemies aggro the Arisen at first they could get lucky enough to I think, High Maelstrom could wipe them all in one cast.

I'm imagining an hour+ of video of Li'l Freya getting beat up over and over until most of the enemies wear each other out since they can damage each other, which would probably qualify as ryona lol.
Bringing loli to Dragon's Dogma!
PSN/pawn - grandglutton/Leviatha; Loli_Nation/Lolinator Jr; Laifu4Waifu/GuardNexus; Minataura/Minataur; Lolinator3rd/Altair

valkyriePROfail
5 months ago#3
thefernus posted...
Mage could with Legion's Might after an eternity lol, sorcerer if it manages to get off a cast? With max boosted stagger resist and/or if the enemies aggro the Arisen at first they could get lucky enough to I think, High Maelstrom could wipe them all in one cast.

I'm imagining an hour+ of video of Li'l Freya getting beat up over and over until most of the enemies wear each other out since they can damage each other, which would probably qualify as ryona lol.

Well lets say legion´s might doesnt count. I wouldnt want to try it nor even know tbh, pawn is more likely to die to gravity at some point before can manage to defeat all 6 after an hour or two of miscasts.

Aggroing by arisen can be unavoidable at some point but I wouldnt consider this factor as a part of side effect to achieve the goal. Lets stay as legit as it can get, so dont include this possibility even tho it can help.

Im thinking of a particular combat vocation that is capable of doing it aside from fighter.
Lv200 Psn:ValkyriePROfail - Lenneth / Psn:Mustbeajoke - Hrist / Psn:Shy_valkyrie - Silmeria

thefernus
5 months ago#4
valkyriePROfail posted...
thefernus posted...

Well lets say legion´s might doesnt count. I wouldnt want to try it nor even know tbh, pawn is more likely to die to gravity at some point before can manage to defeat all 6 after an hour or two of miscasts.

Aggroing by arisen can be unavoidable at some point but I wouldnt consider this factor as a part of side effect to achieve the goal. Lets stay as legit as it can get, so dont include this possibility even tho it can help.

Im thinking of a particular combat vocation that is capable of doing it aside from fighter.

A player ranger or strider could do it but I'm having trouble picturing a pawn rolling away consistently enough, getting lucky with enough Brain Splitters on the eliminators and then climbing and kissing the ogres to death maybe? Hmm I wonder if you used full Steel Armor + Bastion + Ogre Bone you could get the defenses on a warrior high enough to get out some Arcs, level 18 Minataur can take a whole bar off an eliminator with one so maybe a max strength level 200 warrior could two-shot the elims with Arc.
PSN/pawn - grandglutton/Leviatha; Loli_Nation/Lolinator Jr; Laifu4Waifu/GuardNexus; Minataura/Minataur; Lolinator3rd/Altair

valkyriePROfail
5 months ago#5
Nah neither Striders nor Rangers can. I have been testing Strider for some tries and for sure that they can kill an eliminator or two meanwhile they stay alive but overall you would have to "manipulate" conditions in order to get results, like not aggroing all 6 foes together, split them or distract few while pawn can handle two or three,... and have enough luck with your strider to brainsplitter 9/10 of the time which is not really practical.

Yellow vocations´ problem is that they are more supportive than actual face to face fighters, they need to roll if they get engaged and 6 foes like these are too much pressure to handle via avoidance.

I was thinking of warriors since the beginning of the topic. I think they can make it, at least with better chance than yellow vocations.

thefernus
4 months ago#6
I actually started testing this now and I've gotten pretty close with a non-fighter - down to 2 ogres with one on its last health bar. Might not make it but I should be able to post a fairly close try later if I don't XD

Edit: SUCCESS. Took about 10 tries but chances would be improved if the pawn was leveled as a pure warrior instead ranger after 100, and putting Exhilaration instead of Vehemence might also actually be worthwhile in this scenario.

thefernus
4 months ago#7
valkyriePROfail posted...
and have enough luck with your strider to brainsplitter 9/10 of the time which is not really practical.

Challenge accepted :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQyY5eHUcGM

She got pretty lucky with them aggroing the Arisen that much, but still.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Bring the NCNRNCHM solo pawn over Rotunda

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived