Refining accessory setup for fighter pawn - 2nd Savior Ring vs Barbed Nails vs ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Refining accessory setup for fighter pawn - 2nd Savior Ring vs Barbed Nails vs ?

User Info: thefernus

thefernus
6 months ago#11
valkyriePROfail posted...
Its 227 vs 573 stagger/kd, why even bother with barbed nails?

She's actually pretty good at stunning dragons with her Aspis once they're torpored lol, we'll see if she still can or not without the Nails.
PSN - Loli_Nation; pawn - Lolinator Jr PSN - Laifu4Waifu; pawn - GuardNexus
PSN - grandglutton; pawn - Leviatha PSN - Minataura; pawn - Minataur

thefernus
6 months ago#12
It turns out the Nails makes a huge difference, they can rarely stun a BBI dragon now (on Hard at least) without a Brain Splitter or Fracture Dart from Loli Jr being involved and often can't close the deal for a knockdown when the dragon does flinch, I guess she needs the Nails or she'll contribute little besides torpor and her meager damage.

Now to get a better Master Ring to use for Minataur and healing armor for Altair they'll all have their "perfect" setup. :D

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
6 months ago#13
thefernus posted...
It turns out the Nails makes a huge difference, they can rarely stun a BBI dragon now (on Hard at least) without a Brain Splitter or Fracture Dart from Loli Jr being involved and often can't close the deal for a knockdown when the dragon does flinch, I guess she needs the Nails or she'll contribute little besides torpor and her meager damage.

Now to get a better Master Ring to use for Minataur and healing armor for Altair they'll all have their "perfect" setup. :D

As I suspected. Stagger is your best friend on Hard mode for sure.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

thefernus
6 months ago#14
Yeah, this looks pretty sad in terms of their stagger ability aside from the awesome combo Loli Jr ended it with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmXoO_1jeZc

I ran the fight like 10 times and they almost never knocked the frostwyrm down without Loli Jr doing Fracture Dart or Brain Splitter first, back when GuardNexus had the Nails she/they could often make it reel with a series of standing blows and then knock it down with more strikes or a followup Brain Splitter from Jr. I only tried the firedrake twice since the fight takes much longer but it was similarly immovable of course.

Dat last combo though... The Perfect Loli! :D

User Info: valkyriePROfail

valkyriePROfail
6 months ago#15
There are at least two times Guard nexus gets exhausted mid fight. Thats saying enough by itself about what that pawn is clearly lacking and needs to be fixed. In other words, that is like having to deal with a big problem and end up bothering about luxuries.

Fracture dart was still the main source of staggering and knocking down frostwyrm.
Lv200 Psn:ValkyriePROfail - Lenneth / Psn:Mustbeajoke - Hrist / Psn:Shy_valkyrie - Silmeria
Lv28 Psn:Twink_account Li'l Lenneth / Psn:Not_a_twink_acc Li'l Freya

thefernus
6 months ago#16
valkyriePROfail posted...
There are at least two times Guard nexus gets exhausted mid fight. Thats saying enough by itself about what that pawn is clearly lacking and needs to be fixed. In other words, that is like having to deal with a big problem and end up bothering about luxuries.

Fracture dart was still the main source of staggering and knocking down frostwyrm.

That video is when she's without the Nails hence Fracture Dart being the main source and it being "sad" as mentioned.

Dunno why you're so bothered about a pawn getting winded during a fight, better to occasionally be winded and be able to produce knockdowns than flail her weapons endlessly and never stagger anything... considering she barely does damage without a knockdown, and the knockdown helps keep the renter/other pawns safe for a moment more than sustained but non-effectual flailing. A knockdown on a torpored boss even has a good chance of ending the fight with a player/other pawns helping, a couple extra Dragon's Maws with a rusted sword with no knockdown won't.

User Info: frogwalloper

frogwalloper
6 months ago#17
It's refreshing to see a Fighter using shield skills.
And I agree in this case that getting winded doesn't matter all that much. As long as she's keeping the main threat debilitated and busy, she's doing good work. Most pawns at that level are going to run out of steam during those longer fights.

I think keeping the Barbed Nails-Impact combo is a good call.

It's been a long time seen I've seen them, but is that Divine Defense I see her use a few times, or is it Perfect Defense?

thefernus
6 months ago#18
frogwalloper posted...

It's been a long time seen I've seen them, but is that Divine Defense I see her use a few times, or is it Perfect Defense?

It's Steel Will, it was more needed when she had zero Savior Rings instead of one but still helps her get killed less and helps her look unique compared to all the fighters with only offensive skills. :D

User Info: frogwalloper

frogwalloper
6 months ago#19
Thanks, I don't think I ever even knew Stone/Steel Will existed - just looked it up.
Looks like a great skill.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Refining accessory setup for fighter pawn - 2nd Savior Ring vs Barbed Nails vs ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived