Refining accessory setup for fighter pawn - 2nd Savior Ring vs Barbed Nails vs ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Refining accessory setup for fighter pawn - 2nd Savior Ring vs Barbed Nails vs ?

User Info: thefernus

thefernus
7 months ago#1
This is for GuardNexus the level 51 debilitation fighter not Altair, who at level 24 definitely needs both Savior Rings to keep up her Dragon's Maws. GuardNexus seems like she needs at least the one Savior Ring she has since she's constantly hunched over panting without it, but for her second accessory do you think she would benefit most from the Barbed Nails she has currently equipped, a second Savior Ring or Master Ring with stamina and stagger or strength (don't have the second yet, hoping to purify one) to keep the offense going, or something else like a skill ring that boosts her Shield Storm?

Mainly wondering which one would help her stagger big enemies the most in practice, higher stagger or more stamina to keep attacking since she's not going to do massive damage either way.
PSN - Loli_Nation; pawn - Lolinator Jr PSN - Laifu4Waifu; pawn - GuardNexus
PSN - grandglutton; pawn - Leviatha PSN - Minataura; pawn - Minataur

User Info: frogwalloper

frogwalloper
7 months ago#2
I'd probably go for the Savior Ring if she's out of breath, but otherwise, a set of Barbed Nails is really hard to pass up - especially for a dmaw debilitator.

User Info: valkyriePROfail

valkyriePROfail
7 months ago#3
2x savior rings, no brainer.
Lv200 Psn:ValkyriePROfail - Lenneth / Psn:Mustbeajoke - Hrist / Psn:Shy_valkyrie - Silmeria
Lv28 Psn:Twink_account Li'l Lenneth / Psn:Not_a_twink_acc Li'l Freya

thefernus
7 months ago#4
valkyriePROfail posted...
2x savior rings, no brainer.

I'm mainly concerned she won't be able to rock certain large enemies (eg. BBI dragons) easily without the nails, I guess I'll try putting a second Savior's on her and see if she and Loli Jr can still replicate their old videos lol

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
7 months ago#5
Barbed Nails, A staggered enemy is not as much of a threat and it might save her from more powerful foes that could just one shot her with the second Saviour ring anyway.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

thefernus
7 months ago#6
Olld-Onne posted...
Barbed Nails, A staggered enemy is not as much of a threat and it might save her from more powerful foes that could just one shot her with the second Saviour ring anyway.

I wasn't mainly looking for more HP from the Savior's anyway but more stamina with the possibility in mind that continuous attacking would help her stagger better than the stagger bonus from the nails, I guess I'll just have to test it on frostwyrm and firedrake to if she and Loli Jr can still bully them (and hopefully bully them worse) if she has 2 Savior's.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
7 months ago#7
thefernus posted...
Olld-Onne posted...

I wasn't mainly looking for more HP from the Savior's anyway but more stamina with the possibility in mind that continuous attacking would help her stagger better than the stagger bonus from the nails, I guess I'll just have to test it on frostwyrm and firedrake to if she and Loli Jr can still bully them (and hopefully bully them worse) if she has 2 Savior's.

You will find out how much stagger the ring was imparting then, it might be more important than you think, but that will be revealed on the test obviously. Will be interesting to find out either way.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

valkyriePROfail
7 months ago#8
Dragon’s maw with devilsbane and impact augment already tosses eliminators in hard mode like puppets.

That little extra stamina you get from savior rings will make your pawn not only avoid getting exhausted but also be more agressive and killy during more time.
Lv200 Psn:ValkyriePROfail - Lenneth / Psn:Mustbeajoke - Hrist / Psn:Shy_valkyrie - Silmeria

thefernus
7 months ago#9
valkyriePROfail posted...
Dragon’s maw with devilsbane and impact augment already tosses eliminators in hard mode like puppets.

That little extra stamina you get from savior rings will make your pawn not only avoid getting exhausted but also be more agressive and killy during more time.

GuardNexus isn't a Devilsbane wielder, she carries her dead father's old rusted sword with pride (part of my mini-backstory for her) and her stuns usually come from Shield Storm and Cymbal Onslaught with her Dread Aspis lol.

valkyriePROfail
7 months ago#10
Its 227 vs 573 stagger/kd, why even bother with barbed nails?
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Refining accessory setup for fighter pawn - 2nd Savior Ring vs Barbed Nails vs ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived