How's the pawn AI?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
3 months ago#21
thefernus posted...
Olld-Onne posted...
thefernus posted...
Olld-Onne posted...
thefernus posted...
DirtyBaz posted...
Pawns are shockingly stupid.

Even pawns with max bestiary and carefully managed inclinations pawns will still exhibit embarrassing levels of stupidity.

Because of this pawns are generally better setup for pure dps or specific gimmick builds (pioneer pawn with stamina hammer). Trying to use pawns for advanced group tactics is like herding cats.

That's cause your pawns aren't perfect lolis, the only time I have a major problem with my pawn AI is against cursed dragons (they curse their AI I guess). :D

I think Death also poses a problem lol.

That's just a matter of knowing how to manipulate their AI, I sprint away and they almost never get caught by him.

He IS very slow so and I may have done similar things. But you mention them killing things without your assistance originally, I did not know running from Death killed him lol.

Well, they can drive him off without assistance if they are strong enough, but they can't really stunlock him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO0S73SsjJU

Casters and fighters probably can't do much but striders can and I've knocked him down and driven him off with 2 other level 200 warriors so warriors can contribute, think rangers could too.

They probably wouldn't do well if there were other enemies around and they weren't all Scathers though XD

Death would be in ecstasy if that was the case. Especially if they had no sleep resistance too, you might actually see a grin under that hood for once. : )
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: thefernus

thefernus
3 months ago#22
Duplucky posted...
Well, I can't tell for mages because I often have the same issue but about striders, it's not true. (And I thanks you : because of you, I remember that I have to change my pawn's traits which are still configure as a warrior)

Well, if you choose the traits that your pawn attacks weaker or long range ennemies, they usually use their bows against them.

Generally, in this game, if your pawn don't act like you want, it's essentially because you did something wrong about their education : bad traits or you fight at close range (they learn how to fight by mimicking you, you know ?)

He probably bases his opinions on randoms in the rift who mostly aren't well set up, and they are not the peak of lolidom. :D
PSN - Loli_Nation; pawn - Lolinator Jr PSN - Laifu4Waifu; pawn - GuardNexus
PSN - grandglutton; pawn - Leviatha PSN - Minataura; pawn - Minataur

User Info: Duplucky

Duplucky
3 months ago#23
I think so. A lot of people did the same and didn't try to understand how educate their pawns. Too bad ='(
PSN : Duplucky
Main pawn : Eliana (Strider lvl 110+)

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
3 months ago#24
But the dumb ones are the one's you remember, surely. : )
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: thefernus

thefernus
3 months ago#25
Olld-Onne posted...

The ones I remember are under 5' tall with pigtails!
PSN - Loli_Nation; pawn - Lolinator Jr PSN - Laifu4Waifu; pawn - GuardNexus
PSN - grandglutton; pawn - Leviatha PSN - Minataura; pawn - Minataur

User Info: Duplucky

Duplucky
3 months ago#26
Olld-Onne posted...

Especially this one :

https://youtu.be/R_DLqFf2bZA

Whenever I see this clip, I laugh so hard.
PSN : Duplucky
Main pawn : Eliana (Strider lvl 110+)

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
3 months ago#27
^LOL! I've had a pawn jump down in that exact same valley. Luckily I was able to run around and revive her. Must be some poor AI programming in that spot.

User Info: frogwalloper

frogwalloper
3 months ago#28
Playing with artificial idiots beats playing with real idiots by a long shot.

User Info: valkyriePROfail

valkyriePROfail
3 months ago#29
As dumb as AI can get, there is also a world of difference between having bestiary knowledge completed and not in their performance.
Lv200 Psn:ValkyriePROfail - Lenneth / Psn:Mustbeajoke - Hrist / Psn:Shy_valkyrie - Silmeria
Lv28 Psn:Twink_account Li'l Lenneth / Psn:Not_a_twink_acc Li'l Freya

User Info: frogwalloper

frogwalloper
3 months ago#30
@valkyriePROfail - how true is that with certain inclinations?
It's something I've been wondering about for a while.

The consensus has always been that blues and Utilitarians benefit a lot from a complete bestiary, but what about the other vocations and primaries: yellow or red Mitigators, Challengers, Scathers, etc... How necessary is a bestiary entry to them?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived