• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
1 year ago#11
Pawns are shockingly stupid.

Even pawns with max bestiary and carefully managed inclinations pawns will still exhibit embarrassing levels of stupidity.

I'd disagree and say I was very surprised at how clever the pawns can be in this game. They'll surprise you. I mean, sure they have their brainfart moments and against certain enemies, they just don't fight smart but, as a whole, I think they do their jobs nicely.

That's cause your pawns aren't perfect lolis

Also a good point. Clearly a lack of loli power.

Then they will do something right after that is hilariously stupid like warn you about a cliff.. Then jump off themselves to their deaths.

I amazingly only had this happen once or twice and it really feels it's only in specific areas like the Bluemoon Tower.

User Info: dist0rt

dist0rt
1 year ago#12
thefernus posted...
dist0rt posted...
The ai in this game is weird as the pawns will do things that will cause you to take a moment and think wow, that's impressive why can't more ai partners be like that. Then they will do something right after that is hilariously stupid like warn you about a cliff.. Then jump off themselves to their deaths. The way they learn and how you can set them up feels unique and is really cool though. I feel more of an attachment to the ai partners in this game than in other games because of that.

Oh BTW fernus I seen your pawns in the sharing post and decided to try them out in bbi since I'm level 60 and just started the grind seriously and they have been the best pawns I've ever used. Lolinator takes care of herself well and drops health bars off monsters quick and guardnexus has done well too.

Loli is love loli is life! Try out Altair (PSN: Lolinator3rd) too, she's not as survivable as GuardNexus but can still hang in BBI and actually does more damage at her level of 24 O_o, she'll also boost your XP gain through the roof due to being so low level. She's such a loli XD

Will do. Monster hunter world is eating up my time but I'll pull her in next time I play. You probably have everything but anything in particular I can gift?
With my strongest, I will beat your strongest.

User Info: thefernus

thefernus
1 year ago#13
dist0rt posted...
thefernus posted...
dist0rt posted...
The ai in this game is weird as the pawns will do things that will cause you to take a moment and think wow, that's impressive why can't more ai partners be like that. Then they will do something right after that is hilariously stupid like warn you about a cliff.. Then jump off themselves to their deaths. The way they learn and how you can set them up feels unique and is really cool though. I feel more of an attachment to the ai partners in this game than in other games because of that.

Oh BTW fernus I seen your pawns in the sharing post and decided to try them out in bbi since I'm level 60 and just started the grind seriously and they have been the best pawns I've ever used. Lolinator takes care of herself well and drops health bars off monsters quick and guardnexus has done well too.

Loli is love loli is life! Try out Altair (PSN: Lolinator3rd) too, she's not as survivable as GuardNexus but can still hang in BBI and actually does more damage at her level of 24 O_o, she'll also boost your XP gain through the roof due to being so low level. She's such a loli XD

Will do. Monster hunter world is eating up my time but I'll pull her in next time I play. You probably have everything but anything in particular I can gift?

No need for gifts just let our newest loli see a lot of monsters and learn about them :D
PSN - Loli_Nation; pawn - Lolinator Jr PSN - Laifu4Waifu; pawn - GuardNexus
PSN - grandglutton; pawn - Leviatha PSN - Minataura; pawn - Minataur

User Info: vivi21

vivi21
1 year ago#14
My Arisen is a loli. Also does anyone have a good tank pawn I can use?
It just isn't a Bethesda game if it doesn't corrupt my savefile.

User Info: Orasion_Seiz

Orasion_Seiz
1 year ago#15
vivi21 posted...

Oh no it's starting to be a trend...
PSN: sieg_valentine
DD:DA pawn: Caleigh lvl 200

thefernus
1 year ago#16
vivi21 posted...

Altair - PSN Lolinator3rd - she loli.

GuardNexus - PSN Laifu4Waifu - just honorary loli.

Minataur works for the main story too, but doesn't fare well in BBI - PSN Minataura

User Info: vivi21

vivi21
1 year ago#17
thefernus posted...
vivi21 posted...

Altair - PSN Lolinator3rd - she loli.

GuardNexus - PSN Laifu4Waifu - just honorary loli.

Minataur works for the main story too, but doesn't fare well in BBI - PSN Minataura

I sent a friend request for GuardNexus my psn is stevemaqueen.
It just isn't a Bethesda game if it doesn't corrupt my savefile.

User Info: Number090684

Number090684
1 year ago#18
Pawn AI is rather mediocre and not that good to be honest. Mages don't cast as agressively or move far enough away from enemies to start casting to avoid their spells getting interrupted as they should. Striders / Hunters don't use their bow as much as they could. Warriors are pretty terrible against anything that is in the air, even slightly, for the most part.

Pawns in general don't dodge extremely telegraphed spells and attacks as well as they could have. This game has a pretty good amount of optional content that can keep a player busy for awhile. Actually the amount of side content in this game greatly outnumbers the amount of necessary main story missions.

Anyway, this game is a diamond in the rough, and despite a few considerable flaws, it's still a great game overall and definitely worth checking out if you are a real time 3rd person action game fan who is into RPGs and fantasy. I really hope Capcom gets ambitious enough again in the future to create a sequel.
US N Switch "Number" FC SW-3804-3177-9797
US PS3 / PS4 / PS Vita PSN: Number090684

User Info: Duplucky

Duplucky
1 year ago#19
Well, I can't tell for mages because I often have the same issue but about striders, it's not true. (And I thanks you : because of you, I remember that I have to change my pawn's traits which are still configure as a warrior)

Well, if you choose the traits that your pawn attacks weaker or long range ennemies, they usually use their bows against them.

Generally, in this game, if your pawn don't act like you want, it's essentially because you did something wrong about their education : bad traits or you fight at close range (they learn how to fight by mimicking you, you know ?)
PSN : Duplucky
Main pawn : Eliana (Strider lvl 110+)

thefernus
1 year ago#20
Number090684 posted...
Striders / Hunters don't use their bow as much as they could.

Lolinator Jr says nope.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLr844TYsuXk4tFlS64PW-2i1RytLxRb7Z

For some matchups I actually have to take her bow off for best results, but other than that she terminates stuff with her bow. The Loli Terminator, LOLINATOR!

Also your warriors just sound plain bad too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL42sxscEgQ

And they dominate harpies and strigois etc. with their jump attacks... if they don't suck.
  • Topic Archived