How's the pawn AI?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: vivi21

vivi21
6 months ago#1
Do the preform their roles efficiently? Also how much content is in this game, I heard it comes with all he previous versions DLC?
It just isn't a Bethesda game if it doesn't corrupt my savefile.

User Info: thefernus

thefernus
6 months ago#2
If you set them up well (individually and as a team), they can mostly play the game for you - this includes dominating bosses with minimal or no help from the player. And yes, it comes with the previous versions' DLC, it's a game you can easily put hundreds of hours into if you enjoy experimenting with different builds, team setups etc.
PSN - Loli_Nation; pawn - Lolinator Jr PSN - Laifu4Waifu; pawn - GuardNexus
PSN - grandglutton; pawn - Leviatha PSN - Minataura; pawn - Minataur

User Info: DirtyBaz

DirtyBaz
6 months ago#3
Pawns are shockingly stupid.

Even pawns with max bestiary and carefully managed inclinations pawns will still exhibit embarrassing levels of stupidity.

Because of this pawns are generally better setup for pure dps or specific gimmick builds (pioneer pawn with stamina hammer). Trying to use pawns for advanced group tactics is like herding cats.
Pawns - Skull Sniper(Bivage), Selene(EgaviB), Sophitia(Egavi13)
Dogmatography - http://game.capcom.com/dragonsdogma/en/screenshot-m35047.html

thefernus
6 months ago#4
DirtyBaz posted...

Even pawns with max bestiary and carefully managed inclinations pawns will still exhibit embarrassing levels of stupidity.

Because of this pawns are generally better setup for pure dps or specific gimmick builds (pioneer pawn with stamina hammer). Trying to use pawns for advanced group tactics is like herding cats.

That's cause your pawns aren't perfect lolis, the only time I have a major problem with my pawn AI is against cursed dragons (they curse their AI I guess). :D

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
6 months ago#5
thefernus posted...
DirtyBaz posted...

That's cause your pawns aren't perfect lolis, the only time I have a major problem with my pawn AI is against cursed dragons (they curse their AI I guess). :D

I think Death also poses a problem lol.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

thefernus
6 months ago#6
Olld-Onne posted...
thefernus posted...
DirtyBaz posted...

That's just a matter of knowing how to manipulate their AI, I sprint away and they almost never get caught by him.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
6 months ago#7
thefernus posted...
Olld-Onne posted...
thefernus posted...
DirtyBaz posted...

That's just a matter of knowing how to manipulate their AI, I sprint away and they almost never get caught by him.

He IS very slow so and I may have done similar things. But you mention them killing things without your assistance originally, I did not know running from Death killed him lol.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

thefernus
6 months ago#8
Olld-Onne posted...
thefernus posted...
Olld-Onne posted...
thefernus posted...
DirtyBaz posted...

He IS very slow so and I may have done similar things. But you mention them killing things without your assistance originally, I did not know running from Death killed him lol.

Well, they can drive him off without assistance if they are strong enough, but they can't really stunlock him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO0S73SsjJU

Casters and fighters probably can't do much but striders can and I've knocked him down and driven him off with 2 other level 200 warriors so warriors can contribute, think rangers could too.

They probably wouldn't do well if there were other enemies around and they weren't all Scathers though XD

User Info: dist0rt

dist0rt
6 months ago#9
The ai in this game is weird as the pawns will do things that will cause you to take a moment and think wow, that's impressive why can't more ai partners be like that. Then they will do something right after that is hilariously stupid like warn you about a cliff.. Then jump off themselves to their deaths. The way they learn and how you can set them up feels unique and is really cool though. I feel more of an attachment to the ai partners in this game than in other games because of that.

Oh BTW fernus I seen your pawns in the sharing post and decided to try them out in bbi since I'm level 60 and just started the grind seriously and they have been the best pawns I've ever used. Lolinator takes care of herself well and drops health bars off monsters quick and guardnexus has done well too.
With my strongest, I will beat your strongest.

thefernus
6 months ago#10
dist0rt posted...
The ai in this game is weird as the pawns will do things that will cause you to take a moment and think wow, that's impressive why can't more ai partners be like that. Then they will do something right after that is hilariously stupid like warn you about a cliff.. Then jump off themselves to their deaths. The way they learn and how you can set them up feels unique and is really cool though. I feel more of an attachment to the ai partners in this game than in other games because of that.

Oh BTW fernus I seen your pawns in the sharing post and decided to try them out in bbi since I'm level 60 and just started the grind seriously and they have been the best pawns I've ever used. Lolinator takes care of herself well and drops health bars off monsters quick and guardnexus has done well too.

Loli is love loli is life! Try out Altair (PSN: Lolinator3rd) too, she's not as survivable as GuardNexus but can still hang in BBI and actually does more damage at her level of 24 O_o, she'll also boost your XP gain through the roof due to being so low level. She's such a loli XD

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived