Boosts power of shields perk vs restores stamina after a killing blow

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Boosts power of shields perk vs restores stamina after a killing blow

User Info: DirtyBaz

DirtyBaz
5 months ago#21
My twink pawn sophitia used 2 level 200 pawns with 2x dcp rings. I did kill other stuff, lots of goblins, wolves and some bandits. By level 24 she has rank 9 warrior, rank 8 fighter and ranger, rank 5 strider and rank 4 mage just because. She has all the nice augments with plenty dcp to spare. I think less than 100xp gives the best return.

Using a bow helps as you can infinity spawn seagulls at cassardis by going back and forth using olra if you're really wanting to only get 6 xp as a warrior to level up, then switch back to another class, or whatever.

With a good skill ring you can get away with lower vocation ranks too, so even a rank 5 strider still has thousand kisses, cutting wing, brain splitter and hailstorm volley. This means I could push on with ranger and warrior to get stability and clout and still have a good strider.
Pawns - Skull Sniper(Bivage), Selene(EgaviB), Sophitia(Egavi13)
Dogmatography - http://game.capcom.com/dragonsdogma/en/screenshot-m35047.html

User Info: thefernus

thefernus
5 months ago#22
I got so annoyed looking for a pawn with full Grave set (searching for almost an hour) that I finally just backed up GuardNexus' save, sent her Savior Ring to Altair and restored the save from USB. Time to do that again tomorrow lol.
PSN - Loli_Nation; pawn - Lolinator Jr PSN - Laifu4Waifu; pawn - GuardNexus
PSN - grandglutton; pawn - Leviatha PSN - Minataura; pawn - Minataur

User Info: DirtyBaz

DirtyBaz
5 months ago#23
thefernus posted...
I was talking about an eliminator, it might be a bit much to expect my level 24 pawn to block a Cursed lol.

I was curious enough about this to try it myself.

Firstly, the gloves do boost perfect blocking strength. I was able to perfect block a cursed dragon bite with gloves and dragons roost (GF), but not a dragons den(GF). Without the gloves only a GF dread aespis can perfect block a cursed dragon bite (just counting normal shields).

Dragons den (GF) is good enough without BBI gloves to perfect block an elder ogers running clothes line attack, and knocks it straight on its arse. It can also perfect block an eliminator no problem.

I don't think you'll get much benefit from them really, on that build at least. Go with the stamina regeneration.
Pawns - Skull Sniper(Bivage), Selene(EgaviB), Sophitia(Egavi13)
Dogmatography - http://game.capcom.com/dragonsdogma/en/screenshot-m35047.html

User Info: thefernus

thefernus
5 months ago#24
DirtyBaz posted...
thefernus posted...
I was talking about an eliminator, it might be a bit much to expect my level 24 pawn to block a Cursed lol.

I was curious enough about this to try it myself.

Firstly, the gloves do boost perfect blocking strength. I was able to perfect block a cursed dragon bite with gloves and dragons roost (GF), but not a dragons den(GF). Without the gloves only a GF dread aespis can perfect block a cursed dragon bite (just counting normal shields).

Dragons den (GF) is good enough without BBI gloves to perfect block an elder ogers running clothes line attack, and knocks it straight on its arse. It can also perfect block an eliminator no problem.

I don't think you'll get much benefit from them really, on that build at least. Go with the stamina regeneration.

Good to know, I guess I will stick with the stam regen.
PSN - Loli_Nation; pawn - Lolinator Jr PSN - Laifu4Waifu; pawn - GuardNexus
PSN - grandglutton; pawn - Leviatha PSN - Minataura; pawn - Minataur

User Info: valkyriePROfail

valkyriePROfail
5 months ago#25
I think that shield perk improves both perfect block success and deflected dmg even though it is not shown in shield’s atk value. Perk+dread aspis+ferocity is one hell of a setup, improves fighters to a next level of badassery, perfect bloquing anything with almost 100% success.

PD: finally completed all my five pawns’ knowledge in all areas. It took me a while completing li’l freya due to her low level and therefore lot of work regarding BBI but I can finally say I’m definitely done with DD after that.
Lv200 Psn:ValkyriePROfail - Lenneth / Psn:Mustbeajoke - Hrist / Psn:Shy_valkyrie - Silmeria
Lv28 Psn:Twink_account Li'l Lenneth / Psn:Not_a_twink_acc Li'l Freya

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
5 months ago#26
I'd say both those perks kinda suck...

User Info: AliceUnchained

AliceUnchained
5 months ago#27
Hotel_Security posted...
I'd say both those perks kinda suck...

? What?

For a fighter pawn they are the 2 of the best. There's an argument to be made in favor of "Extends duration of attribute boosts applied to you" over "Restores Stamina when you deliver the killing blow to the enemy" if you love boosters, but "Boosts the power of normal and magick shields." is amazing for a fighter pawn. Those perks don't suck at all, lol.

For thefernus' low level Force Hatchet wielder the Restores Stamina perk sounds ideal.
AliceUnchained3 - Freyja - Sorceress (level 195)
yunabug18 and AliceUnchained4/5/7/8/9/0 are my other accts.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
5 months ago#28
The shield boost is the best one in my opinion as the others are more subject to what the Pawn is actually doing or receiving for them to work well.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: AliceUnchained

AliceUnchained
5 months ago#29
Olld-Onne posted...
The shield boost is the best one in my opinion as the others are more subject to what the Pawn is actually doing or receiving for them to work well.

Absolutely, I just can't believe Hotel_Security was implying that perk sucked! "Boosts the power of normal and magick shields" is tailor made for Fighters. (I'm very fond of Fighter pawns when well inclinated, I feel they come in 2nd for best phys. vocation for pawns after my beloved Striders.)

I recommended the Stamina one for thefernus because of that particular pawn's gimmick (low level Force Hatchet fighter).
AliceUnchained3 - Freyja - Sorceress (level 195)
yunabug18 and AliceUnchained4/5/7/8/9/0 are my other accts.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
5 months ago#30
AliceUnchained posted...
Olld-Onne posted...

Absolutely, I just can't believe Hotel_Security was implying that perk sucked! "Boosts the power of normal and magick shields" is tailor made for Fighters. (I'm very fond of Fighter pawns when well inclinated, I feel they come in 2nd for best phys. vocation for pawns after my beloved Striders.)

I recommended the Stamina one for thefernus because of that particular pawn's gimmick (low level Force Hatchet fighter).

It might have to be tested to see if the kills supplement the actual hammer with enough stamina. I have always found the stamina one to be the worst and I was testing them as an Arisen that kills everything in sight. They dont quite give enough stamina in my opinion although the pawns use half as much to be fair.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Boosts power of shields perk vs restores stamina after a killing blow

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived