How long would two level 20s last versus 3 Elder Ogres and 3 Eliminators?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. How long would two level 20s last versus 3 Elder Ogres and 3 Eliminators?

User Info: Corvoid

Corvoid
7 months ago#1
Inspired by the amazing lolis created by @thefernus , and his video posted a few days ago, I was curious if my two level 20s could do the same thing. Both are weilding rusted archistaves, no boosters, and not much help from me.

In this video, I run them to the Rotunda of Dread with fiend-luring incense, kill the Sirens (same as thefernus did) and let them at the uglies:

https://youtu.be/IOaDejK38Rc

It took 14 minutes (excruciatingly long video!)
psn Corvoid (Vixeela, lv 200 sorc) /// psn Corvoid2 (Trixeela, lv 20 sorc)
psn Corvoid3 (Ruxeela, lv 20 sorc) /// psn Corvoid4 (Foxeela, lv 70 sorc)

User Info: thefernus

thefernus
7 months ago#2
That's quite surprising they can take hits as well as they can, are they in mostly full BBI gear?

Pretty amazing stuff, they are a true team like Loli and GuardNexus (probably more like GuardNexus in that they need a team eg. each other to show their greatness, while Loli can ride solo and carry a crappy team).
PSN - Loli_Nation; pawn - Lolinator Jr PSN - Laifu4Waifu; pawn - GuardNexus
PSN - grandglutton; pawn - Leviatha PSN - Minataura; pawn - Minataur

Corvoid
7 months ago#3
thefernus posted...
That's quite surprising they can take hits as well as they can, are they in mostly full BBI gear?

Pretty amazing stuff, they are a true team like Loli and GuardNexus (probably more like GuardNexus in that they need a team eg. each other to show their greatness, while Loli can ride solo and carry a crappy team).
I was tempted to add headpieces for more def, other than the Ancient Circlets they had on, but couldn't bear to do that to their faces. There were many near-death experiences in that fight, but they managed to heal themselves each time.

User Info: vonhizzle

vonhizzle
7 months ago#4
Wow! Scary when the torpor wears off. You said there was some near deaths, did you get this take on the first try? Also do you play normal or hard, sorry if you show this in the video already.
PSN: vonhizzle | Pawn: Ignis
ALTS: vonhizzle2-6 | Aqua | Aer | Terra | Noctis | Venus

Corvoid
7 months ago#5
@vonhizzle it took some tweaking on my part. At first, I left the Sirens alive, ran headlong into the middle, and got absolutely slaughtered. Next, I tried letting the pawns kill the Sirens, but those things are highly mag resistant and it was taking forever. Then I tried killing the Sirens with my arisen first, like @thefernus did, and running to the middle. Got my baby-smooth behind handed to me again.

Finally, tried more gradual approach, as in the video, so the pawns had a chance to set up. It was a real nail-biter for sure.

And yeah. If this had been hard mode, my arisen would have been toast. Or maybe a pancake, after getting flattened by an eliminator's hammer.

User Info: vonhizzle

vonhizzle
7 months ago#6
I switched all my accounts to normal when I started BBI since I leveled to 200 already from the Gran Soren guards. I like it but I'd like to be able to RC bomb easier by playing HM. I think when I go ng+ I will put it back on hard. I wish you could switch between them though.

I think @frogwalloper was using invisibility with liquid vim which was a good idea. I wanted to try that with my max stamina arisen and proficiency augment to see how long it could last without vim. Plus 2x savior ring (ty again :) as well.
PSN: vonhizzle | Pawn: Ignis
ALTS: vonhizzle2-6 | Aqua | Aer | Terra | Noctis | Venus

User Info: thefernus

thefernus
7 months ago#7
I switched to Hard just to test if my lolis could still hang there lol.

They seem able to hang so I'll probably switch back to Normal soon so they can knock the enemies around like rag dolls. :D
PSN - Loli_Nation; pawn - Lolinator Jr PSN - Laifu4Waifu; pawn - GuardNexus
PSN - grandglutton; pawn - Leviatha PSN - Minataura; pawn - Minataur

User Info: valkyriePROfail

valkyriePROfail
7 months ago#8
Very cool that they manage to do it at such low level. Debuff sorc is actually a pretty solid setup.
Lv200 Psn:ValkyriePROfail - Lenneth / Psn:Mustbeajoke - Hrist / Psn:Shy_valkyrie - Silmeria
Lv28 Psn:Twink_account Li'l Lenneth / Psn:Not_a_twink_acc Li'l Freya
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. How long would two level 20s last versus 3 Elder Ogres and 3 Eliminators?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived