Dragon's Roost vs Dread Aspis for rusted sword pawn

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Dragon's Roost vs Dread Aspis for rusted sword pawn

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
5 months ago#21
valkyriePROfail posted...
Olld-Onne posted...
The shield will conflict with Dragons Maw as they will be blocking instead of Dragon's Mawing instead. You cannot have your cake and eat it as they say. The point is to use the IF Dragons Maw has to negate any damage that would have been sustained is it not.

Pawn needs to block from time to time cause it cannot DM 24/7 without running out stamina. Perfect bloquing (which is what pawns do most of the time) not only prevents any dmg, it also deflects and do significant dmg back and avoids any stamina consumption via PB, so saves stamina for more dragons maw after PB guard break. They synergy 100%.

They have the same stamina bar, PB does not increase it, so get it over with and Dragons Maw already lol. PB pushes the enemy back and Dragons Maw for all it's merits is a bit on the short side for range meaning more time spent trying to get into position if enemy is pushed out of range which may lead to another perfect block instead of Dragon's Mawing.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: valkyriePROfail

valkyriePROfail
5 months ago#22
Olld-Onne posted...
Olld-Onne posted...
The shield will conflict with Dragons Maw as they will be blocking instead of Dragon's Mawing instead. You cannot have your cake and eat it as they say. The point is to use the IF Dragons Maw has to negate any damage that would have been sustained is it not.

Pawn needs to block from time to time cause it cannot DM 24/7 without running out stamina. Perfect bloquing (which is what pawns do most of the time) not only prevents any dmg, it also deflects and do significant dmg back and avoids any stamina consumption via PB, so saves stamina for more dragons maw after PB guard break. They synergy 100%.

They have the same stamina bar, PB does not increase it, so get it over with and Dragons Maw already lol. PB pushes the enemy back and Dragons Maw for all it's merits is a bit on the short side for range meaning more time spent trying to get into position if enemy is pushed out of range which may lead to another perfect block instead of Dragon's Mawing.
No using stamina 24/7 is saving it while still doing dmg. Try a solo DM fighter with and without shield against 3eliminators+3elder ogres and see the difference. Shield fighter still spams DM while being extremely perfect block and stamina efficient. If you drop the shield it is when it starts struggling with stamina management, plus the dmg taken.

They spam DM the SAME amount of times but unshielded fighters gets overwhelmed while not knowing how to avoid dmg. They are meant to block at some point.
Lv200 Psn:ValkyriePROfail - Lenneth / Psn:Mustbeajoke - Hrist / Psn:Shy_valkyrie - Silmeria
Lv28 Psn:Twink_account Li'l Lenneth / Psn:Not_a_twink_acc Li'l Freya

Olld-Onne
5 months ago#23
Olld-Onne posted...
Olld-Onne posted...

No using stamina 24/7 is saving it while still doing dmg. Try a solo DM fighter with and without shield against 3eliminators+3elder ogres and see the difference. Shield fighter still spams DM while being extremely perfect block and stamina efficient. If you drop the shield it is when it starts struggling with stamina management, plus the dmg taken.

They spam DM the SAME amount of times but unshielded fighters gets overwhelmed while not knowing how to avoid dmg. They are meant to block at some point.

I cannot, those things dont last long enough lol. I need an extreme mode or something.

valkyriePROfail
5 months ago#24
Olld-Onne posted...
Olld-Onne posted...
Olld-Onne posted...

I cannot, those things dont last long enough lol. I need an extreme mode or something.

Its not about you killing them but letting your fighter pawn solo them and test how it performs. We are speaking solely about pawns’ performance and efficiency and I have tested fighter pawns enough to know what setup works better and what simply doesnt.

Im speaking about this https://youtu.be/NrkqynhIbhM
If I unequipped her shield she would have died for sure.
Lv200 Psn:ValkyriePROfail - Lenneth / Psn:Mustbeajoke - Hrist / Psn:Shy_valkyrie - Silmeria
(message deleted)

Olld-Onne
5 months ago#26
That is the problem, I wont let pawns solo it is not their job, it's mine lol. She can kill all of Gransys with a rusted sword if I let her but I do not have time for that. Pawns will seldom always perform flawlessly so it is a matter of what actually happens as opposed to it always happening. If the A.I was better I would allow them more reign but it can be really bad on occasion.

valkyriePROfail
5 months ago#27
I thought we were talking about pawns and setups. Gransys is not the place where pawns are meant to shine and where their setups are trully tested. Not even low level ones.

Olld-Onne
5 months ago#28
The A.I is instrumental to the set up though, it is what governs their behaviour and is why inclinations are one of the most important factors in any build. A Guardian will not be PB much until you are possibly half dead or killed the assailant. The fact they keep changing is partly the problem of sudden behavioural changes which will affect any set up especially the more complicated ones.

valkyriePROfail
5 months ago#29
Inclinations are part of their setup as well but thats another thing and if anything, not equipping shield has more effect on fighters than having guardian as primary inclination for sure.

A.I. has its limitations and many many times is an absolute bs but manipulating their behavior (to some extend) via setup is part of the fun along with the pawn sharing system (or cause of it) and for what many of us are still playing this game after countless hours and playthroughs.

The fact that anyone can use your pawn and you dont know how they are going to use it (maybe they want to let your pawn solo stuff) is a motivation to work on and test their setup and make them as optimal as possible, not so much armor wise but skill/augment setup and inclination wise.

Olld-Onne
5 months ago#30
But optimal is opinionated to a degree, not everyone wants the samething, it is best to set the pawn for how you want it for your own needs and should someone like or dislike it that is up to them. You can never please everyone. Just because the pawn seems stellar in your game does not mean they are recreating this image in someone else's as it is also how the arisen they are with behaves that can change how they fight along with the others in the party.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Dragon's Roost vs Dread Aspis for rusted sword pawn

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived