Dragon's Roost vs Dread Aspis for rusted sword pawn

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Dragon's Roost vs Dread Aspis for rusted sword pawn

User Info: thefernus

thefernus
8 months ago#11
Olld-Onne posted...
Should use Roost because if your pawn is killing things with Aspis it might be more of what is your Arisen actually doing meanwhile, at least that is what my fighter pawn uses. There was not much improvement with the Aspis when she had it so it was not necessary in my opinion. Then again she is kind of lucky to even touch an enemy before it is dead already lol.

Well, this is what my Arisen is doing lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buTEqY0s7ZY

She's made more to help carry lower level players with subpar gear through BBI than to be a partner to players who destroy the enemies before the pawns can even reach them lol, she cripples the enemies so it'll be easier for players/other pawns to whittle them down but if everyone else is too undergeared, the Aspis would help her contribute damage too.
PSN - Loli_Nation; pawn - Lolinator Jr PSN - Laifu4Waifu; pawn - GuardNexus
PSN - grandglutton; pawn - Leviatha PSN - Minataura; pawn - Minataur

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
8 months ago#12
thefernus posted...
Olld-Onne posted...
Should use Roost because if your pawn is killing things with Aspis it might be more of what is your Arisen actually doing meanwhile, at least that is what my fighter pawn uses. There was not much improvement with the Aspis when she had it so it was not necessary in my opinion. Then again she is kind of lucky to even touch an enemy before it is dead already lol.

She's made more to help carry lower level players with subpar gear through BBI than to be a partner to players who destroy the enemies before the pawns can even reach them lol, she cripples the enemies so it'll be easier for players/other pawns to whittle them down but if everyone else is too undergeared, the Aspis would help her contribute damage too.

Then surely Roost is better as it cuts the damage of attacks if it sticks and would allow the renter to survive an attack that might have killed them. The fighter pawn is going to use the sword for most damage anyway so equipping a high strength shield does not mean it will help as much as it might statistically appear as I discovered. Roost also deals magic damage which is more helpful on physical resistant enemies should the party enchanter goes numpty if there is even one in the first place lol.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: valkyriePROfail

valkyriePROfail
8 months ago#13
Olld-Onne posted...
thefernus posted...
Olld-Onne posted...

Then surely Roost is better as it cuts the damage of attacks if it sticks and would allow the renter to survive an attack that might have killed them. The fighter pawn is going to use the sword for most damage anyway so equipping a high strength shield does not mean it will help as much as it might statistically appear as I discovered. Roost also deals magic damage which is more helpful on physical resistant enemies should the party enchanter goes numpty if there is even one in the first place lol.

Roost has two big problems that make it kinda worthless. First one is that to proc lowered atk fighter pawn needs to cymbal onslaught a hell LOT and that considering that hits connect before enemy leaves the hitbox. Enemies usually die before proc happens and shield skills conflict with perfect bloquing and are kinda unoptimal dps wise.

The second problem is even worse, Roost still needs to pass pierce phys dmg threshold in order to elemental atk do full dmg, and it´s physical atk (with both clout/vehemence) is not enough to pierce toughest enemies in BBI.

Also deflected dmg can be very good with aspis, worth it combined with hellfire gauntlets with shield boost and ferocity to improve perfect bloquing and dmg. Aspis is better at bloquing, staggering with shield storm and deflecting dmg.
Lv200 Psn:ValkyriePROfail - Lenneth / Psn:Mustbeajoke - Hrist / Psn:Shy_valkyrie - Silmeria
Lv28 Psn:Twink_account Li'l Lenneth / Psn:Not_a_twink_acc Li'l Freya

Olld-Onne
8 months ago#14
valkyriePROfail posted...
Olld-Onne posted...
thefernus posted...
Olld-Onne posted...

Roost has two big problems that make it kinda worthless. First one is that to proc lowered atk fighter pawn needs to cymbal onslaught a hell LOT and that considering that hits connect before enemy leaves the hitbox. Enemies usually die before proc happens and shield skills conflict with perfect bloquing and are kinda unoptimal dps wise.

The second problem is even worse, Roost still needs to pass pierce phys dmg threshold in order to elemental atk do full dmg, and it´s physical atk (with both clout/vehemence) is not enough to pierce toughest enemies in BBI.

Also deflected dmg can be very good with aspis, worth it combined with hellfire gauntlets with shield boost and ferocity to improve perfect bloquing and dmg. Aspis is better at bloquing, staggering with shield storm and deflecting dmg.

You dont want the magic part to hurt tough enemies just weak ones that are resistant to physical attacks.

Cymbal Onslaught is the best way to cause damage so by saying it is not reliable which is true also means that Aspis is missing a lot as well and is not fully utilising the strength part as much as it seems.

If the pawn had a elemental sword then I would use the Aspis but I prefer to have a range of attacks and not just pure brute strength. Roost is a level two shield so it is not as rubbish as you are trying to imply lol.

valkyriePROfail
8 months ago#15
Olld-Onne posted...
Olld-Onne posted...
thefernus posted...
Olld-Onne posted...

You dont want the magic part to hurt tough enemies just weak ones that are resistant to physical attacks.

Cymbal Onslaught is the best way to cause damage so by saying it is not reliable which is true also means that Aspis is missing a lot as well and is not fully utilising the strength part as much as it seems.

If the pawn had a elemental sword then I would use the Aspis but I prefer to have a range of attacks and not just pure brute strength. Roost is a level two shield so it is not as rubbish as you are trying to imply lol.

For anything in Gransys but phantoms aspis is overkill, even with deflected dmg and no shield skills. Against phantoms pawn’s shield is the last thing I would like to rely on tbh.

I dont use shield skills because they make pawn literally perfect block and dragons maw less. Aspis suits to that style 100%.
Lv200 Psn:ValkyriePROfail - Lenneth / Psn:Mustbeajoke - Hrist / Psn:Shy_valkyrie - Silmeria

User Info: thefernus

thefernus
8 months ago#16
Olld-Onne posted...
Olld-Onne posted...
thefernus posted...
Olld-Onne posted...

For anything in Gransys but phantoms aspis is overkill, even with deflected dmg and no shield skills. Against phantoms pawn’s shield is the last thing I would like to rely on tbh.

I dont use shield skills because they make pawn literally perfect block and dragons maw less. Aspis suits to that style 100%.

In GuardNexus' case I tried taking off all her shield skills and she seems to get exhausted more often always DMing, it might be beneficial for her to have Shield Storm at least lol.

Edit: also she got 1 rent since I took them off yesterday down from 5+ a day before, casuals might think you don't know what you're doing with no skills set. Shield skills back on...
PSN - Loli_Nation; pawn - Lolinator Jr PSN - Laifu4Waifu; pawn - GuardNexus
PSN - grandglutton; pawn - Leviatha PSN - Minataura; pawn - Minataur

Olld-Onne
8 months ago#17
If you want the pawn to Dragons Maw everything you remove the shield period so as to not tempt them with it. That also means the shield is really not the main concern and a rusted shield would probably be better as it may allow for more Dragon's Mawing lol.

valkyriePROfail
8 months ago#18
Equipping shield doesnt conflict with dragons maw. And shield is necessary to (perfect) block.

Olld-Onne
8 months ago#19
The shield will conflict with Dragons Maw as they will be blocking instead of Dragon's Mawing instead. You cannot have your cake and eat it as they say. The point is to use the IF Dragons Maw has to negate any damage that would have been sustained is it not.

valkyriePROfail
8 months ago#20
Olld-Onne posted...
The shield will conflict with Dragons Maw as they will be blocking instead of Dragon's Mawing instead. You cannot have your cake and eat it as they say. The point is to use the IF Dragons Maw has to negate any damage that would have been sustained is it not.

Pawn needs to block from time to time cause it cannot DM 24/7 without running out stamina. Perfect bloquing (which is what pawns do most of the time) not only prevents any dmg, it also deflects and do significant dmg back and avoids any stamina consumption via PB, so saves stamina for more dragons maw after PB guard break. They synergy 100%.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Dragon's Roost vs Dread Aspis for rusted sword pawn

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived