6th pawn, lvl 28 fighter?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. 6th pawn, lvl 28 fighter?

User Info: valkyriePROfail

valkyriePROfail
7 months ago#1
Li’l Hrist

Dragon’s dogma
Dragon’s aegis

Dragonwing circlet
Immortal’s coat
Abyssinal outfit
Hellfire gauntlets (boosts shield)
Delta guard
Hellfire greaves (item-carrying)
Nebula cape

Savior
Savior

Skills:
Dragons maw
Heavenward lash

Augments:
Clout
Vehemence
Impact
Ferocity
Proficiency
Opportunism (garms, skeleton brutes)

My biggest concern is how to level her up till lvl 28 because of how heavy Dragons maw is in terms of stamina consumption. My intuition tells me that 2 savior rings+proficiency arent enough to avoid exhaustion at lvl 28. In normal stamina usage conditions I would go max str (1-10 fighter, 11-28 warrior) but this time I might need to go max stam path.

Thoughts?
Lv200 Psn:ValkyriePROfail - Lenneth / Psn:Mustbeajoke - Hrist / Psn:Shy_valkyrie - Silmeria
Lv28 Psn:Twink_account Li'l Lenneth / Psn:Not_a_twink_acc Li'l Freya

User Info: vonhizzle

vonhizzle
7 months ago#2
Nice :)

Max stamina would be 1-10 strider 11-28 ranger right? 1033 HP 1305 ST vs 1440HP 900ST

I say go the stamina path with proficiency should be ok.
PSN: vonhizzle | Pawn: Ignis
ALTS: vonhizzle2-6 | Aqua | Aer | Terra | Noctis | Luna

User Info: thefernus

thefernus
7 months ago#3
I wouldn't sweat stamina consumption, in Gransys a twink will destroy everything well enough that it doesn't matter, in BBI even level 51 strider twinks like Loli Jr end up with hands on their knees pretty often, can't help it.
PSN - grandglutton; pawn - Leviatha
PSN - Loli_Nation; pawn - Lolinator Jr

valkyriePROfail
7 months ago#4
vonhizzle posted...
Nice :)

Max stamina would be 1-10 strider 11-28 ranger right? 1033 HP 1305 ST vs 1440HP 900ST

I say go the stamina path with proficiency should be ok.

Yeah, basically a trade of 400hp for 400stam. Also drops 29str which aint a big deal.

thefernus posted...
I wouldn't sweat stamina consumption, in Gransys a twink will destroy everything well enough that it doesn't matter, in BBI even level 51 strider twinks like Loli Jr end up with hands on their knees pretty often, can't help it.

Well, I want her to deal with BBI stuff as well. Bloquing is not an issue since perfect block doesnt consume stamina but DM itself that can be spammed (mindlessly, metal golems and phantoms in mind) anywhere, even Gransys.

I think I will go max stam this time. Dragon´s dogma sword should still be at 1,9k atk with clout/vehe, which is pretty good.
Lv200 Psn:ValkyriePROfail - Lenneth / Psn:Mustbeajoke - Hrist / Psn:Shy_valkyrie - Silmeria

thefernus
7 months ago#5
valkyriePROfail posted...

Well, I want her to deal with BBI stuff as well. Bloquing is not an issue since perfect block doesnt consume stamina but DM itself that can be spammed (mindlessly, metal golems and phantoms in mind) anywhere, even Gransys.

Being BBI-viable is a bit ambitious, even Loli Jr got killed a lot in post-Daimon BBI at level 28-33 (granted, with worse armor). Also what about putting some other skills? It should slow down stamina consumption from DM, not sure it is that much less efficient to have say Fullmoon Slash and Burst Strike on instead of just straight up draining all that stamina full time with DM spam.

User Info: vonhizzle

vonhizzle
7 months ago#6
thefernus posted...

Being BBI-viable is a bit ambitious, even Loli Jr got killed a lot in post-Daimon BBI at level 28-33 (granted, with worse armor). Also what about putting some other skills? It should slow down stamina consumption from DM, not sure it is that much less efficient to have say Fullmoon Slash and Burst Strike on instead of just straight up draining all that stamina full time with DM spam.

Have you SEEN Hrist? I don't doubt @valkyriePROfail can do it.

Also DM helps with survivability because of i frames so keeping it the only skill would pay off if stamina doesn't run out.
PSN: vonhizzle | Pawn: Ignis
ALTS: vonhizzle2-6 | Aqua | Aer | Terra | Noctis | Luna

valkyriePROfail
7 months ago#7
I would say fighters are overall slightly more survivable than striders in bbi because bloquing (even magic) is more efficient than dodging, and I say this considering striders as the peak of efficiency in every regard.

It is true that dread aspis block potential has a lot of to do with that survivability (i doubt that dragon’s aegis could block with that high rate) and also that fighters get grabbed more often by dragons and eliminators than striders. But it is also true that fighters’ best enemy match ups are the most damaging ones in this game, except for Daimon.

thefernus
7 months ago#8
I would say fighters are overall slightly more survivable than striders in bbi because bloquing (even magic) is more efficient than dodging, and I say this considering striders as the peak of efficiency in every regard.

It is true that dread aspis block potential has a lot of to do with that survivability (i doubt that dragon’s aegis could block with that high rate) and also that fighters get grabbed more often by dragons and eliminators than striders. But it is also true that fighters’ best enemy match ups are the most damaging ones in this game, except for Daimon.

Dragon's Roost blocks pretty well too, does like no damage though lol. Might actually switch it up to Dread Aspis so that GuardNexus can do something besides debilitate against high end foes.

User Info: GodSlayer15

GodSlayer15
7 months ago#9
I actually just made a 28 fighter twink yesterday. Still working on her though. I thought about doing the stamina route, but I decided to go with fighter mostly. Got a few levels in Warrior, but fighter has pretty balanced stamina/str gains so I just went with it.

I use:

Clout
Vehemence
Impact
Proficiency
Sinew
Endurance

Endurance gives an extra 100 stamina, which puts me around 1200-1300 stamina (have to check to make sure exactly). Don't want to use bbi armor 3 because I don't like the fashion, so Sinew is fine for me. Lose out on Ferocity, but I need to experiment with stamina and skills on her and I might replace Endurance for it. I think as it is right now she can do probably 3 dragons maws in a row before she's out, which isn't bad.

The main thing I'm working on now is just getting all the equipment and then getting it gold forged. I was planning on trying to get a cursed belt and 2 barbed nails, but I'm not sure if that's overkill (plus impact). I don't have the patience to try and get savior rings, and maybe I'll try and maker her more bbi viable down the line, but I'm happy with a twinked out pawn who can handle most of the game regardless.
"The future I want is the one that I create for myself.......even if it costs me my own soul. "

thefernus
7 months ago#10
GodSlayer15 posted...
I actually just made a 28 fighter twink yesterday. Still working on her though. I thought about doing the stamina route, but I decided to go with fighter mostly. Got a few levels in Warrior, but fighter has pretty balanced stamina/str gains so I just went with it.

I use:

Clout
Vehemence
Impact
Proficiency
Sinew
Endurance

Endurance gives an extra 100 stamina, which puts me around 1200-1300 stamina (have to check to make sure exactly). Don't want to use bbi armor 3 because I don't like the fashion, so Sinew is fine for me. Lose out on Ferocity, but I need to experiment with stamina and skills on her and I might replace Endurance for it. I think as it is right now she can do probably 3 dragons maws in a row before she's out, which isn't bad.

The main thing I'm working on now is just getting all the equipment and then getting it gold forged. I was planning on trying to get a cursed belt and 2 barbed nails, but I'm not sure if that's overkill (plus impact). I don't have the patience to try and get savior rings, and maybe I'll try and maker her more bbi viable down the line, but I'm happy with a twinked out pawn who can handle most of the game regardless.

You don't really need savior's, GuardNexus has no savior's and she can solo a garm or handle multiple elder ogres and eliminators with a good partner (read: who does damage for her lol). More stagger is never overkill considering you're not going to be rocking level 3 BBI weapons. I would go for a defensive augment over Endurance though, Bastion is -112 damage per hit in BBI which is pretty good for a pawn with limited HP or Tenacity to prevent KOs now and then.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. 6th pawn, lvl 28 fighter?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived