• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack
  3. Does Copen have a damage cap?

User Info: gmhw

gmhw
1 year ago#1
I noticed that neither Aerial Sniper or Aerial Assassin increase your damage if you already have Shield Construct on. Is there a damage cap? Or is this because damage increasing subroutines don't stack with each other? Weapon Compressors seem to stack with each other...

User Info: CrimsonSmasher

CrimsonSmasher
1 year ago#2
They should... At least I remember them making a difference when I wrote the “weapon” FAQ.

Shield Construct is a straight up multiplier, and a pretty big one too. Aerial Sniper and Assassin have much less of an effect relatively, being what I believe is a flat damage buff at the end of the formula. I neglected to put the math in my notes, but since sniper is cheaper it should be the better of the two.

User Info: gmhw

gmhw
1 year ago#3
CrimsonSmasher posted...
They should... At least I remember them making a difference when I wrote the “weapon” FAQ.

Shield Construct is a straight up multiplier, and a pretty big one too. Aerial Sniper and Assassin have much less of an effect relatively, being what I believe is a flat damage buff at the end of the formula. I neglected to put the math in my notes, but since sniper is cheaper it should be the better of the two.

When you tested it, what version is the game on? It's possible they patched it since multiple Shield Constructs use to stack with each other in 1.0.

I tested it on those immobile enemies at the start of the first special mission if that matters. It seems that I two shot them while tagged if I have Shield Construct on, and Aerial Sniper and Assasin don't affect the damage or increase overkill kudos. Aerial Snipers seem to stack with each other if I don't have Shield Construct on though. Two Snipers give me more kudos per enemy compared to using only one.

User Info: CrimsonSmasher

CrimsonSmasher
1 year ago#4
I didn’t write it until the Switch version, and after the latest patch.

I distinctly remember testing everything with Copen on Gibril in the Sewers stage. Perhaps basic enemies have a cap? To prevent you from OHKOing them and making air combos harder.

Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t remember overkill kudos being a thing either. It’s been a while. That and I’d usually just use the Infinity Drive, Shield Construct, Heaven or Hell (X) and Hover while playing through stages anyway, I believe. And after I S plused the main game I moved on to Score Attack.
  1. Boards
  2. Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack
  3. Does Copen have a damage cap?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A