• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack
  3. (almost) All of the Secret Kudos in AS2, and how to get them

User Info: ArcticTitan

ArcticTitan
1 year ago#41
Turbo_TRex posted...
Thanks for looking into that @ArcticTitan. It's been so long that I'd given up on it.
I did some testing myself and I can confirm that you get 666 Kudos for clearing the stage with the EX Weapon turned off. I tried leaving it on for most of the stage then turning it off before entering the final boss chamber, but that didn't do it.
I have to say though, this one is absolutely not worth it. Putting aside the fact that you can't get a Shred finisher, lots of these fights are a lot harder without the EX weapons. I don't think it's even possible to escape getting damaged by Phantasmagoria with the Flash Field engaged, and Zonda's shield is an incredible pain to deal with with just the gun (especially since she can heal herself).

I didn't have much trouble just using the gun the entire level, although Zonda's shield did take awhile to break, but that all might be because I had defensive programs equipped and was level 60. I also got the 9999 Kudos challenge this way too, albeit I did equip the Heaven or Hell X program just before killing Zonda and I was playing on Gutless. You can of course use other programs and the Healing Skill and still get the secret kudos.

My score was also higher without the EX Weapons than using the Shedding finisher, so if you're going for a high score this is the way to do it and if you want a fast time use the EX Weapons.

Turbo_TRex posted...
Well, that's all the main stages completed. If you're still playing the game and have the DLC there are a few that I couldn't find for Gunvolt if you feel like looking into that.

Unfortunately I can't help with the DLC since I have the 3DS version and I don't plan on getting the DLC for that. I do plan on getting the Switch version (when I finally do get a Switch) and when I do I'll look into it then, but good luck if you are still trying to find them.

User Info: Razoken

Razoken
1 year ago#42
Babel (Jota)
333 Kudos
As Gunvolt, during the alarm room at the beginning, kill two drones and the alarm at the same time using the Crashvolt.

Based on this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRXbWXRXeGs
From my own testing, Astrasphere did not work and killing only one drone together with the alarm didn't work either.

The same player also gets a secret bonus in Viper's Isle of Dreams at ~1:11 here, after he kills all the soldiers at once:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOojMoMqH8M
I'm nowhere near skilled enough to recreate that though.

User Info: Turbo_TRex

Turbo_TRex
1 year ago#43
Thanks for posting these @Razoken. It's been ages since I played this, and I never think to check YouTube videos anymore. Maybe if I find the time I'll try to hash out the specific requirements for these 2.

I believe the only Secret still completely missing from this Topic is Prism Highway (Stratos) as Gunvolt.

Id also like to have a better idea of how the Secrets in Data Facility (Carrera) work, as I was never able to completely figure them out.
To err is human. To blame your computer for your mistakes is even more human.
3DS Friend Code: 1736-0776-2758 IGN: Michael NNID: Turbo-TRex

User Info: Razoken

Razoken
1 year ago#44
Turbo_TRex posted...
Id also like to have a better idea of how the Secrets in Data Facility (Carrera) work, as I was never able to completely figure them out.

My guess is that it's just something as simple as "Kill all the hourglass bombs without having any destroyed by the laser bombs" for both of them, since the one you have to duck under the thing for is the last one in Copen's version of the stage, and the one in the end corridor is the last one in Gunvolt's version of the stage.
This should be submitted as a FAQ.
Abolish Abortion
Baby murder is always wrong.
  1. Boards
  2. Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack
  3. (almost) All of the Secret Kudos in AS2, and how to get them
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A