• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nine Parchments
  3. Avoid Data Erasure Glitch By Copying microSD Card Data?

User Info: NinSage

NinSage
2 years ago#1
Hi all,

My wife and I have been putting a ton of hours into this game. But, now I'm hearing about all these glitches that delete all your progress and we're very worried! So, I'm wondering, is it possible to copy the save data (or the entire game data) from my microSD card (where the game currently resides) to an external hard drive for safe keeping?

Obviously, I would lose any progress made between backups. But, that would be way better than starting over completely. I'm sure there are mechanisms in place that would prevent my game/save data from working on someone else's Switch. But, it seems like it should be possible to back this up for my own Switch, right??

Any help, advice, or insite is appreciate!
http://www.NinTemple.com/ ~ mature is not just a rating.

User Info: aux

aux
2 years ago#2
Game Saves are stored on the Switch's internal memory.

There is currently no way to move your saves to the micro SD card. You cannot choose to save to the micro SD card instead of internal memory either. No cloud save backup either...

This is the way Nintendo designed the Switch. Sorry, wish I had better news.
Troll Slayer Extraordinaire!!!
Tis a dirty job, but somebody has to do it.

NinSage
2 years ago#3
hrmf. I mean, I understand the decision. But it is a problem if developers can't keep huge bugs like this out of their software. =( Any updates on whether or not the bug itself is fixed?

User Info: RAI_ON

RAI_ON
2 years ago#4
No info on a new patch. I told the devs that this critical save data bug was still present on the new patch, even though they assured everyone it was fixed. Very annoyed right now, and no sign of a fix.
Xbox One Gamer Tag : DEVIL SHARK
Switch Friend Code SW-7978-7154-7683

NinSage
2 years ago#5
RAI_ON posted...
No info on a new patch. I told the devs that this critical save data bug was still present on the new patch, even though they assured everyone it was fixed. Very annoyed right now, and no sign of a fix.

Thanks for the update. Hopefully they are working on it. I'm sort of holding off playing until I get definitive word on a fix. *shrug*

User Info: MattiFB

MattiFB
2 years ago#6
Yes, unfortunately there is still a bug messing up with the saves. This bug does not takeaway you achievements, but the progress and levels. Currently the patch is on the way, but stuck at Nintendo, pending on approval. It was already released on Steam, and it provided the players an option to recover their games from a backup save file. The process is done manually but can, if the saves are lost, bring back all of it from the backup files.

Matti
Frozenbyte Team

NinSage
2 years ago#7
MattiFB posted...
Yes, unfortunately there is still a bug messing up with the saves. This bug does not takeaway you achievements, but the progress and levels. Currently the patch is on the way, but stuck at Nintendo, pending on approval. It was already released on Steam, and it provided the players an option to recover their games from a backup save file. The process is done manually but can, if the saves are lost, bring back all of it from the backup files.

Matti
Frozenbyte Team

Looks like we got an update on Switch today. Is that the one that fixes the save erasure issue??

User Info: MattiFB

MattiFB
2 years ago#8
NinSage posted...

Looks like we got an update on Switch today. Is that the one that fixes the save erasure issue??

Yes, it'll fix that and other bugs and glitches.
Matti
Frozenbyte Team

User Info: otischugach

otischugach
2 years ago#9
Oh thank god for this. So to be clear, we no longer have to worry about saves?
Hello, I am Otis Chugach from Alaska. My nephew, Keeler, lives in Washington, with Prof. Ceiba. He is married to Ivysaur. FC: 2165-9772-4896
  1. Boards
  2. Nine Parchments
  3. Avoid Data Erasure Glitch By Copying microSD Card Data?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A