The ending choice **Major Spoilers**

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Far Cry 5
  3. The ending choice **Major Spoilers**

User Info: Lintfosho

Lintfosho
6 months ago#1
Read no further if you have not finished the game!
So, near the end after you beat all the Seed family and you are given a choice to either resist or walk away, I choice resist of course. So I know how that ending plays out. I am wondering if anyone chose to walk away and how does that ending play out?
XBox One: MAGA1791

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
6 months ago#2
He lets you walk away and as you are driving away with everyone the song that Jacob used to brainwash you comes over the radio, the screen shimmers red and then blacks out.
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
6 months ago#3
There is also a third ending as well.

Dont put the cuffs on him in the beginning for a minute and you will walk away. Either the Marshall or the Sheffif says something about getting The National Guard to come and arrest him with you as a Marshall, a Sheriff and some deputies are no match for a heavily armed Cult.
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: bdsooner72

bdsooner72
6 months ago#4
agentspoon posted...
He lets you walk away and as you are driving away with everyone the song that Jacob used to brainwash you comes over the radio, the screen shimmers red and then blacks out.

Also for those who chose this the first time, when you continue the game after the credits roll, the final confrontation will still be available to play so you can see the other ending.

User Info: Zingote

Zingote
6 months ago#5
bdsooner72 posted...
agentspoon posted...

Also for those who chose this the first time, when you continue the game after the credits roll, the final confrontation will still be available to play so you can see the other ending.

I actually did it twice just to confirm that it wasn't a bug. I think the option to walk away should conclude the game as well. Instead, it makes it seem like only the confrontation gives you the true ending.
The Sith will have their revenge

User Info: Lintfosho

Lintfosho
6 months ago#6
Thanks guys/gals!
XBox One: MAGA1791

User Info: Ritalinfiend

Ritalinfiend
6 months ago#7
Zingote posted...
bdsooner72 posted...
agentspoon posted...

I actually did it twice just to confirm that it wasn't a bug. I think the option to walk away should conclude the game as well. Instead, it makes it seem like only the confrontation gives you the true ending.

Yeah, I think that’s the point. The resist ending is the True ending. And it sucks.
"Candy. Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy."

User Info: atomsteele

atomsteele
6 months ago#8
Ya know...I dont think the resist ending happens in reality either.

Look at every time you confront a boss...its filled with symbolic imagery and hallucinations galore. You definitely didn't jump off the fathers statue for Faith. You definitely didn't actually go to a land of bliss. You positively ran through brainwashed training to only to end with actually killing Eli. Who knows how much of what we saw and think happened actually happened.

Maybe it was all part of the brainwashing. Maybe we are trapped in a bunker with an a****** and Dutchs rotting carcass. Who can say for sure?

Iirc Ubisoft did say the resist ending was cannon however.
... --- ...

User Info: diagoro

diagoro
5 months ago#9
Just finished it.....so disappointed in the endings. My least favorite in all the series. it's like a bit middle finger for all the work we did. Mind you, I'm a fan of odd endings, or non fairy tale ones. But this just felt lame.

On top of that, continuing the game after seems a bit pointless, if it's all been nuked (though that may have been a hallucination).
  1. Boards
  2. Far Cry 5
  3. The ending choice **Major Spoilers**

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived