Does anyone else find the bow to be useless against people?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Far Cry 5
  3. Does anyone else find the bow to be useless against people?

User Info: Snuckie7

Snuckie7
4 months ago#1
I can't find a good reason to use the bow for something other than animal hunting. The drop off and projectile travel time gets kind of ridiculous after 50ish meters. It's easier to headshot enemies with a silenced pistol at that distance. Are there situations where you would prefer the bow instead?
i7 3820 @ 4.5GHz | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | 8GB Samsung DDR3 2133 | PCP&C 600W

User Info: chrisscorsese88

chrisscorsese88
4 months ago#2
Nah I always have to have the bow in FC games, the fact it comes with fire arrows and grenade arrows is a huge factor plus I'm really good at determining at how high I have to aim if I'm far away so it's not an issue really. I'll use the sniper rifle if I want to take out a heavy unit or the enemy keeps moving so the sniper will one shot the normal guys even if you hit them in the body but I prefer the bow.
The world is a diagonal... I am the balancing point.
Dokkan Battle GLB Name and ID: GFQDragonZ / 1038853768

User Info: that_one_guy97

that_one_guy97
4 months ago#3
chrisscorsese88 posted...
Nah I always have to have the bow in FC games, the fact it comes with fire arrows and grenade arrows is a huge factor plus I'm really good at determining at how high I have to aim if I'm far away so it's not an issue really. I'll use the sniper rifle if I want to take out a heavy unit or the enemy keeps moving so the sniper will one shot the normal guys even if you hit them in the body but I prefer the bow.

This
PSN: sky_fox94

User Info: DivineBlueIce

DivineBlueIce
4 months ago#4
that_one_guy97 posted...
chrisscorsese88 posted...

This

2nd this

User Info: Thermador446

Thermador446
4 months ago#5
If you can't aim, ditch the bulls*** scopes & use the default sight.; It is like 10x better than either scope
"While you were wasting your time castrating a priceless antique, I was systematically feeding babies to hungry mutated puppies!" -The Monarch

User Info: PandaOtterMoose

PandaOtterMoose
4 months ago#6
Nah, it's how I stealth most of the outposts

User Info: KingofRogues

KingofRogues
3 months ago#7
i actually love the slingshot

User Info: Snuckie7

Snuckie7
3 months ago#8
I beat the game and I've changed my mind about the bow. I love me some incendiary and explosive arrows, and that I can carry all those in one weapon slot is super convenient. Now I always carry the bow with me lol.

Side note, is there an actual difference with the recurve bow? Just picked it up and it feels almost the same, maybe a little faster arrow loading.
i7 3820 @ 4.5GHz | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | 8GB Samsung DDR3 2133 | PCP&C 600W

User Info: PandaOtterMoose

PandaOtterMoose
3 months ago#9
I believe it does a bit more damage

User Info: Lord_Sniper_IV

Lord_Sniper_IV
3 months ago#10
I usually one shot with the bow, but I did just start the game so I dont know. Seems op to me.
  1. Boards
  2. Far Cry 5
  3. Does anyone else find the bow to be useless against people?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived