• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: psychodagger

psychodagger
1 year ago#1
Has anyone else run into issues with the game crashing? I just started playing today and was probably about 30 minutes in, but I'd just spent the day planting a ton of cabbages. And as soon as I went to save my game, it crashed (and did not save any of my progress). I'd like to keep playing but there doesn't seem to be a point if I can randomly lose progress like this.
3DS: 0087-2527-9356
PSN: PsychoDagger

User Info: Lirishae

Lirishae
1 year ago#2
A few people have reported crashes, but it doesn't seem to be all that common, and Natsume will definitely fix it. I hate to hear that you had such horrible luck right from the jump, but I would be surprised if it happened again. What version are you playing? Is your firmware up to date?
"Little scratches on people's hearts will be gone if they pat them from behind, but the humans don't know that." -Li'l Cactus
3DS FC: 0619-3174-3155

User Info: psychodagger

psychodagger
1 year ago#3
The software version is 1.0.0 (have there already been any updates?), and my firmware version is 5.1.0, which is the latest. I just wish I knew what caused it so I could make sure to avoid it. When I played Tale of Two Towns there was a crash related to the animal petting minigame, so I just avoided playing it whenever possible.
3DS: 0087-2527-9356
PSN: PsychoDagger

User Info: tylix

tylix
1 year ago#4
I'm having the same issue tonight. I had it crash several times while trying to save at the end of the day. Can't seem to continue. The last thing I did was fix Sam's shop.

User Info: Stormfeather

Stormfeather
1 year ago#5
I've had it twice so far. :/ Once before the latest console update (I think), and it may have been due to having it in sleep mode without exiting the game. It crashed when I was going into the house at night.

Most recent one was actually after I finished the story and saw all the cutscenes, and I was trying to save after. -_- That one was just like 2 or 3 days ago.
Please insert witty quote here. FE Fates castle: 03476-08608-42794-96946
3DS Friend Code: 0559 7534 8937 AC Dream Address: 4100 2146 2004

User Info: Viktormoros

Viktormoros
1 year ago#6
I've had it happen twice in the past 40 hours. Both times was after having it in standby mode while the game was running. When I went to transition to the next screen it crashed.

Since it has only happened to me 2 times it could be just coincidence, but I feel like standby mode while the game is running might have something to do with it.
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Viktormoros

User Info: Stormfeather

Stormfeather
1 year ago#7
Yeah, I remember Xenoblade 2 also had problems with that, so after that first crash I've been closing out the game every time before I put it in sleep mode.
Please insert witty quote here. FE Fates castle: 03476-08608-42794-96946
3DS Friend Code: 0559 7534 8937 AC Dream Address: 4100 2146 2004

User Info: Lirishae

Lirishae
1 year ago#8
I've ran the game pretty much continuously since getting it, without a single problem. I do wonder though if reloading a save would prevent the crashes, since I do this quite a lot to test various things for the guide.
"Little scratches on people's hearts will be gone if they pat them from behind, but the humans don't know that." -Li'l Cactus
3DS FC: 0619-3174-3155

User Info: NPUser3000

NPUser3000
1 year ago#9
I’ve had a few crashes but never lost much progress so wasn’t that bad
Check out my let play channel on YouTube: Rkay421. Current lets plays: Bioshock infinite (blind), Mass effect
3DS code:4854-6969-5478 PSN:Rkaybeast21

User Info: CeeCee-Natsume

CeeCee-Natsume
1 year ago#10
Please update your Nintendo Switch to the latest version then reload the game. If you have further issues, let us know at 4service@natsume.com

You can find info for the latest firmware version for the Switch here: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22525/~/nintendo-switch-system-updates-and-change-history
Natsume Inc. Community Manager
Harvest Moon, Reel Fishing, Gabrielle, River City and more, hooray!
  • Topic Archived