• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: kidrobot

kidrobot
5 months ago#1
so i know its not your typical horror game but is it worth the $5?
also, are the playthroughs fairly quick? i read there are multiple endings so replaying again to see them might interest me if its not a chore

User Info: AlisLandale

AlisLandale
5 months ago#2
I'd say it's definitely worth five dollars.

The first playthrough might take you 4-6 hours as you're figuring out what you're doing. Most playthroughs after that will be pretty quick since you'll already know where everything is and how to progress.

If you want to minimize replays, just make sure you make a save right after each boss fight, but before you actually move on. (And then one more save right before a very obvious point near the end.) The choices that effect most of the endings involve choosing which characters you're going to follow at certain points in the story.

The main points of annoyance will probably be the "perfect" ending, which is easy to mess up thanks to some not-very-obvious mechanics and event flags, and unlocking/finishing the second character's route. (The latter needs to be done on Hard.)
https://i.imgur.com/mptS9Qj.jpg

kidrobot
5 months ago#3
AlisLandale posted...
I'd say it's definitely worth five dollars.

The first playthrough might take you 4-6 hours as you're figuring out what you're doing. Most playthroughs after that will be pretty quick since you'll already know where everything is and how to progress.

If you want to minimize replays, just make sure you make a save right after each boss fight, but before you actually move on. (And then one more save right before a very obvious point near the end.) The choices that effect most of the endings involve choosing which characters you're going to follow at certain points in the story.

The main points of annoyance will probably be the "perfect" ending, which is easy to mess up thanks to some not-very-obvious mechanics and event flags, and unlocking/finishing the second character's route. (The latter needs to be done on Hard.)
thanks for the quick reply
so i read that the harder the difficulty, the more events you will likely encounter
what actually changes on harder modes? do you game over once the janitor catches you on any difficulty setting?
when you die, do you start over from the last save? or are there random checkpoints throughout?

User Info: AlisLandale

AlisLandale
5 months ago#4
Going off my memory:

Hard mode gives you less health and stamina, fewer coins to buy healing items, and fewer markers (which you use to save your game at bulletin boards.)

The janitor catching you isn't an instant game over. He'll attack you and you'll lose health. Even if he catches up to you and gets a few hits in, it's usually still possible to escape and find a hiding place.

Hard mode also enables a bunch of optional ghost encounters. The way to encounter these ghosts is usually hinted at in the form of collectible ghost stories. Ghost stories are collectible on any difficulty, regardless of whether or not you can trigger the encounter. (Some require you to have found certain collectibles, or solve puzzles, and others just require you to be in certain locations under certain conditions, like having the lights turned off and the door closed.) These ghost stories sometimes also give you hints on how to defeat the bosses, so I'd be sure to at least skim through a few of them as you go.

There are checkpoints, usually triggered whenever you see a cutscene or start a boss encounter. But I forget if they're enabled on hard mode. But I think they only work while you're playing. If you quit to the menu, or exit the game, your checkpoint will be lost and you'll have to reload your last save.
https://i.imgur.com/mptS9Qj.jpg

kidrobot
5 months ago#5
thank you! @AlisLandale
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A