• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. White Day: A Labyrinth Named School
  3. Does this game have a lot of cheap jump scares?

User Info: CrashLightning

CrashLightning
6 months ago#1
I don't mind an occasional well designed jump scare but i hate frequent cheap jump scares.
Try my Super Mario Maker 2 levels based on Crash Bandicoot! Level 1-2 is out now - 4CS-VFL-L7G.

User Info: Kevinda85

Kevinda85
6 months ago#2
Only the Head ghost and Locker ghost could be considered jump scares. The first has a sound cue and you can easily run from her if you see what direction she's coming from, second is only in the first building. I've been able to go through entire playthroughs without seeing either.

CrashLightning
6 months ago#3
Does the difficulty that you select determine how many jump scares you get?
Try my Super Mario Maker 2 levels based on Crash Bandicoot! Level 1-2 is out now - 4CS-VFL-L7G.

User Info: AlisLandale

AlisLandale
4 months ago#4
CrashLightning posted...

Topics a week old so I don’t know if you’ve just gone and bought it already. I haven’t played the game on easy or very easy yet, but apparently those modes don’t have optional ghosts.

A few other ghosts do “jump scare” type things, but they’re super telegraphed. (Like the hair ghost and one of the bosses).
https://i.imgtc.com/8ePXf9B.gif

CrashLightning
2 months ago#5
AlisLandale posted...
CrashLightning posted...

Topics a week old so I don’t know if you’ve just gone and bought it already. I haven’t played the game on easy or very easy yet, but apparently those modes don’t have optional ghosts.

A few other ghosts do “jump scare” type things, but they’re super telegraphed. (Like the hair ghost and one of the bosses).

I played through the game on normal and i didn't encounter any jump scares except the hair ghost and the girl who crawls on the classroom ceilings however i'm going to do a second playthrough on hard mode (with the Christmas costumes for December!) so i'm expecting a lot more jumpscares this time.It should be a lot more interesting too now that i know that Sung-A is actually a spirit that got killed in the school fire and she tries to trap you in the school as well.
Try my Super Mario Maker 2 levels based on Crash Bandicoot! XS/The Huge Adventure 1-1 Jungle Jam is out now -PDW-CY6-YCG.
  1. Boards
  2. White Day: A Labyrinth Named School
  3. Does this game have a lot of cheap jump scares?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A