You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Darksiders III
  3. Better than Bloodborne and Dark Souls

User Info: Gmanzz666

Gmanzz666
1 week ago#1
I never got the hype for Bloodborne or Dark Souls....
It was lot of waiting for your stamina to charge so you can attack. Those games were lame.

But this one is sooo much better. They took the idea of those games and made it better.
Hack and slash with no waiting around? Sign me up .

Its a bit buggy yes and the load times are a bit long.

But the controls make up for it and so do the variation of monsters. 3 of them together will tear you to toast.

Just my 2 cents
What goes here....?? Oh yea!!! Oh Wait....now I forgot.......
Agreed. Stamina will always be inferior to action delay timing in my book. Make the hits the fault of the player's timing, not a boring resource management miscalculation.
I shouldn't have to clarify it's my opinion. You should assume that already.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: PaleVoyager

PaleVoyager
1 week ago#3
Everyone is entitled to be wrong.
Indivijul Situation.

Gmanzz666
1 week ago#4
PaleVoyager posted...

Yea. And thanks for being it. :)

User Info: tragik00

tragik00
1 week ago#5
Agreed. Never liked souls games
Blooodborne was ok but i enjoy this more.
At the end of the day, it's all love

User Info: KillerJetstorm

KillerJetstorm
1 week ago#6
I definitely liked Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 more. But everyone has their own perspective.
(edited 1 week ago)

Gmanzz666
1 week ago#7
tragik00 posted...
Agreed. Never liked souls games
Blooodborne was ok but i enjoy this more.

Glad Im not the only one

User Info: chang3ling

chang3ling
1 week ago#8
I never played Dark Souls, but I got most of the way through Bloodborne before I gave up on it. It was stupid to start, but once you learn the mechanics and upgrade weapons a bit it becomes a tedious repetitive slog (dodge, dodge, dodge, R1, R1, dodge...). It would have been so much better if you had other damage mitigating options, ie a block. Parries being limited by ammo was silly (and that's not actually a real parry...)

I picked this up the other day (I haven't started yet, working on finishing up my second DQ XI playthrough) so I'm glad to hear at least some people feel it's better than Bloodborne.
~The trance is the motion

User Info: noraa024

noraa024
1 week ago#9
PaleVoyager posted...

Praise the sun

Having platted Dark Souls/2/3 and Bloodborne, gotta say I love em. Bloodborne is in my top 5 games of all time. Darksiders 3 is a nice nod to them, and I loved the game. But the massive glitch where my trophies stopped unlocking have pissed me off too much, especially being a trophy whore! 2 full playthroughs and nothing. But again, we are all entitled to our own opinions!
To be a rock, and not to roll...

User Info: rugahboi

rugahboi
1 week ago#10
chang3ling posted...
I never played Dark Souls, but I got most of the way through Bloodborne before I gave up on it. It was stupid to start, but once you learn the mechanics and upgrade weapons a bit it becomes a tedious repetitive slog (dodge, dodge, dodge, R1, R1, dodge...). It would have been so much better if you had other damage mitigating options, ie a block. Parries being limited by ammo was silly (and that's not actually a real parry...)

You won't like this game.
i.imgur.com/KeE1bIk.png?1
  1. Boards
  2. Darksiders III
  3. Better than Bloodborne and Dark Souls