You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dead by Daylight
  3. I just played a match where all 5 players depipped.

User Info: bubbascal

bubbascal
4 weeks ago#11
BlazeAndBlade posted...
they still haven't fixed the fact killers and survivors can internally derank if they disconnect (app out) even past the rank threshold like 15 jumping to rank 16 then all the way back to 20

Wait, something like this exists?

Maybe I'll test it out. Because due to these changes, depipping to rank 15 is no longer enough. Rank 20 for "Skilled Huntress" is most likely gonna be necessary. It requires Survivors have a total IQ in the single digits for this to be done, especially on console. And rank 15 Survivors no longer have this.
PSN: KHFanOnline1
Favorite Pokemon: Arceus

User Info: BlazeAndBlade

BlazeAndBlade
3 weeks ago#12
yes it works but you might get a lot of hate from people you played with since it's 2 pips a dc only de pip after the first dc though the game seem to let you off on one dc every 24 hours

the question is it worth the hate (and some survivors won't always get bp when you dc they said they fixed this but it still happens)

also rank 20 survivors is where you risk seeing rage quitters that don't let you hook them hence why there rank 20 and not ranking up.
Having a goal is good, but don't let your goal depress you. Goals are meant to inspire.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: bubbascal

bubbascal
3 weeks ago#13
BlazeAndBlade posted...
yes it works but you might get a lot of hate from people you played with since it's 2 pips a dc only de pip after the first dc though the game seem to let you off on one dc every 24 hours

the question is is it worth the hate (and some survivors won't always get bp when you dc they said they fixed this but it still happens)

also rank 20 survivors is where you risk seeing rage quitters that don't let you hook them hence why there rank 20 and not ranking up.

Do you actually remember the names of Killers who DC on you?

Especially before the match even begins?

I'm sure I'll also be fine as Killer. lmao Pipping requirements are even easier than rank 10 under new system, and it's objectively easier to pip as Killer. It'll be easy.
PSN: KHFanOnline1
Favorite Pokemon: Arceus
the key is to stop caring.
https://youtu.be/U8sNKP0iS_M
like bleeting and submissive sheep, the masses ingest as they are told.
TheNotorious97 posted...
The new progression system is just outright stupid imo.

Already is there no REAL incentive to reach rank one, other than E Bragging points, but now you're going to make it harder to get too? For what?

You get literally nothing for reaching Rank 1, I've done it 3 times in a row so far, and while there wasn't really a reward, it was obtainable within reason, and I liked reaching it.

Now every match I have to be damn near Superman/Jesus, and escape? Screw that bulls***.

Now people that Hook Camp really can punish Survivors, if all we do is the 5 gens, some of them Co Op, open the Door and escape, without saving someone we're looking at 15-16,000 points total a match, and you won't even pip up after that.

Good one Devs.

why do you care?
https://youtu.be/U8sNKP0iS_M
like bleeting and submissive sheep, the masses ingest as they are told.
epicfailtryhard posted...
TheNotorious97 posted...
The new progression system is just outright stupid imo.

Already is there no REAL incentive to reach rank one, other than E Bragging points, but now you're going to make it harder to get too? For what?

You get literally nothing for reaching Rank 1, I've done it 3 times in a row so far, and while there wasn't really a reward, it was obtainable within reason, and I liked reaching it.

Now every match I have to be damn near Superman/Jesus, and escape? Screw that bulls***.

Now people that Hook Camp really can punish Survivors, if all we do is the 5 gens, some of them Co Op, open the Door and escape, without saving someone we're looking at 15-16,000 points total a match, and you won't even pip up after that.

Good one Devs.

why do you care?

I suggested this in the past but. 500 Auric cells for reaching rank 1? I mean..its something.

I also think you should get 500 Auric cells at least per devotion level gained. SOMETHING. Maybe at least 1,000 shards for leveling 99 to 1 again.
What is the exact thing you need to do to make deranking from 15 to 16 possible?

I painfulyl derank the right way without screwing people over to 15. Then on the match when I wanted to DC...you can't make this stuff up. Two people brought cake so I felt like a dick and just did the match normally. Then someone used streamers. Then finally I was able to DC AFTER that match. But I stayed at rank 15?

Once again sitting through another match that survivors used good offerings in so I feel like a prick for DCing so I won't. But ffs this is taking forever even if its possible. Do I need to turn the console off? Close the app? During loading? Once the game has loaded?
Had a feeling this wasn't going to work. Dashboarded and I am still rank 15. I will try it one more time. Either I did it wrong or this doesn't work on Xbox.

My plan was to just use newbs for Deranged Pursuit. Maybe actually use it to gain experience in the Nurse. But mostly just let everyone go since I don't belong there.

EDIT. It did work on a 2nd attempt. But its like Deranged Pursuit is designed to be as annoying as f***ing possible. Using the BS method where you throw games. I perhaps wasn't thinking enough because now in the newb ranks people are less likely to come screwing with me when they think I have no clue what I am doing. So I never get another person in range when I could get credit for this. Had a guy in mend an ENTIRE match. Only could get credit for this ONCE. Painfully slow for me.

God forbid I would encounter 2 survivors who are like. Oh okay they are trying to get Deranged lets help.You would think out of the million who want to farm anyways someone would.
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Yup, that was a mistake. People beyond this rank never come out to tempt a hit so even purposely following someone almost never results in a good Deranged Pursuit chance.

People at this rank so stupid they DC if I chase them too much and the exit gates are opened. WITH NO DOWNS OR HOOKS. Guys like f*** it im out even though its so obvious this killer is going to let me go.

Oh and this wasn't ever going to work. You need to DC every time you bottom out on a rank. You can't go past 16....you need to DC again. So screw this all the way.

User Info: Falkner09

Falkner09
2 weeks ago#20
better that way anyway, since the higher rank you go, the games get less fun, more frustrating, and give fewer blood points.
Support the right to choose to be whole! www.intactamerica.org
PSN:Flaccid_Snake XBL:ScissrMeTimbrs 3DS: 4141-2576-4953
  1. Boards
  2. Dead by Daylight
  3. I just played a match where all 5 players depipped.