You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dead by Daylight
  3. I just played a match where all 5 players depipped.

User Info: Realtalk_Clover

Realtalk_Clover
4 weeks ago#1
I called it when this system was in PTB. I didnt think it would happen to me on day 1.

Pretty good job so far.

User Info: Madness2012

Madness2012
4 weeks ago#2
Five, so you did too?

Realtalk_Clover
4 weeks ago#3
All four survivors, as well as the killer. Everyone depipped.

User Info: Apoca88

Apoca88
4 weeks ago#4
How do you know this, did everyone tell you they did? Because you cannot see the other’s emblem progress. Just curious.

User Info: TheNotorious97

TheNotorious97
4 weeks ago#5
The new progression system is just outright stupid imo.

Already is there no REAL incentive to reach rank one, other than E Bragging points, but now you're going to make it harder to get too? For what?

You get literally nothing for reaching Rank 1, I've done it 3 times in a row so far, and while there wasn't really a reward, it was obtainable within reason, and I liked reaching it.

Now every match I have to be damn near Superman/Jesus, and escape? Screw that bulls***.

Now people that Hook Camp really can punish Survivors, if all we do is the 5 gens, some of them Co Op, open the Door and escape, without saving someone we're looking at 15-16,000 points total a match, and you won't even pip up after that.

Good one Devs.

Realtalk_Clover
4 weeks ago#6
Apoca88 posted...
How do you know this, did everyone tell you they did? Because you cannot see the other’s emblem progress. Just curious.

A combination of communication and intuition.

Killer was trapper. I found his Ruin as he landed his first chase hit. He did not react to the trap disarm. Upon popping the totem, he got super salty and abandoned the chase on an injured target to run across the map to the destroyed totem. He was so salty he thoroughly checked every nook and cranny while i observed from the adjacent tile. He lost 2 gens and his injured target was healed because he wasted so much time.

A survivor stepped into a trap. Killer hardcore face-camped him for the full 2 minutes out of salt. We did the only true counterplay that exists. We smashed the last 3 gens and escaped while he camped.

Killer depipped because he won 1 chase and camped. Dead survivor depipped because he did 1 gen and got camped.

I asked the other escapees what they got for emblems. All 3 of us got gold lightbringer, iridescent unbroken, bronze benevolence, no evader. Thats 8 of the 9 points needed to safety at red ranks.

All 5 players depipped because one player threw a tantrum over losing Ruin and decided to throw the match away. The only way for us to not depip in that scenario is to engage in unnatural or counterproductive gameplay, like trying to hook-dive a camper or hold the game hostage after the gates are open to fish for Evader points.
I’m really kinda shocked this made it to the live servers. I said before if it does then they’re trying to flush as many people out of the high ranks as possible, people who only ended up there due to inertia (or, in Legion’s case, playing a killer who is super easy to hit emblems with). If they “fix” this within a month to six weeks I’ll call myself right.
Sychotic Quote for the Whenever: "Schadenfreude is an ugly thing but, then, I'm not a particularly attractive man."

User Info: projectpat72988

projectpat72988
4 weeks ago#8
SlightlySychotic posted...
I’m really kinda shocked this made it to the live servers. I said before if it does then they’re trying to flush as many people out of the high ranks as possible, people who only ended up there due to inertia (or, in Legion’s case, playing a killer who is super easy to hit emblems with). If they “fix” this within a month to six weeks I’ll call myself right.

I can't see them not changing it. Slowly over the week or so more veteran killers will fall down the ranks. Which will lead to facing lesser and lesser survivors.

Yeah me going for the bugged Plague Adept isn't solid enough to gauge this. But I went from pipping nearly every single match as killer to getting mostly black pips and depips. I did double pip once and pip a few times too...

If that is what is to be expected I am VERY HAPPILY going to slide out of the top ransk. But he survivors I face wont be happy.

User Info: BlazeAndBlade

BlazeAndBlade
4 weeks ago#9
they still haven't fixed the fact killers and survivors can internally derank if they disconnect (app out) even past the rank threshold like 15 jumping to rank 16 then all the way back to 20
Having a goal is good, but don't let your goal depress you. Goals are meant to inspire.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
BlazeAndBlade posted...
they still haven't fixed the fact killers and survivors can internally derank if they disconnect (app out) even past the rank threshold like 15 jumping to rank 16 then all the way back to 20

Not even gonna BS. I might do this for some of these nonsese killer trophies.

Do you have to continuously DC to keep ranking back to 20 after the initial DC to go from 15 to 16? If so then yeah I won't be doing that. But if a single DC can put me from 15 to 16 then I might do this one time only...
  1. Boards
  2. Dead by Daylight
  3. I just played a match where all 5 players depipped.