The people who made this are trash.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dead by Daylight
  3. The people who made this are trash.

User Info: LoDxRoshi

LoDxRoshi
5 days ago#1
Can't even play the game lol, I get a message whenever it starts saying PS4 is too hot and it insta-shutdowns..

Except... It's only for this game and it's the first time I've ever seen this message.

Put on ANY other game, works no problem as always, try DbD? Insta-shutdowns my PS4.

So basically this game gets a 0/10 for not even being stable on the PS4 years after its release. Hell, I got this for free and I feel ripped off.
(edited 5 days ago)
Its probably because there is a huge influx of people and its screwing with the servers. Its even affected on the Xbox side. They added a new event and for some reason issues always happen.

LoDxRoshi
5 days ago#3
Not entirely sure how servers would cause a PS4 is too hot error and force shutdown.

I think it's just incredibly unstable game code myself.

User Info: DarKStaR350z

DarKStaR350z
5 days ago#4
It's something to do with the title screen that causes the PS4 to sound like it's taking off, once you get past that it calms down.
Sounds like it might be worth running a Hoover over the vents
PSN: DarKStaR350z

User Info: Apoca88

Apoca88
5 days ago#5
Sorry, but if your system crashes because it's too hot, I would suggest blowing out all the dust inside it as it obviously is filled with it. This is the first time I ever hear of a system crashing from overheating due to playing this game. I just think your PS4 needs some care.

But it's always easy to blame others, right?

User Info: jaymz1970

jaymz1970
5 days ago#6
the guy said it only does it on this game, others are fine.
if it was dust, etc it would do it all the time.

i can't get this game to run either.
they have s*** servers.
If you don't like my post, then don't post back....that just shows that it was good enough to respond to, and kind of undermines your negative comments.

LoDxRoshi
5 days ago#7
Apoca88 posted...
Sorry, but if your system crashes because it's too hot, I would suggest blowing out all the dust inside it as it obviously is filled with it. This is the first time I ever hear of a system crashing from overheating due to playing this game. I just think your PS4 needs some care.

But it's always easy to blame others, right?

Well funny enough I've found others. So good job being unable to handle a google search jackass.

I cleaned out my PS4 a couple of weeks back. It's the game 100%.

LoDxRoshi
5 days ago#8
DarKStaR350z posted...
It's something to do with the title screen that causes the PS4 to sound like it's taking off, once you get past that it calms down.

It really isn't my vents or PS4 dude. The issue is it can't get passed that bit because of the forced shutdown.

I won't lie and say my PS4 is 100% clean but it was cleaned out completely a couple of weeks back. If it can handle every other game no problem (and much more demanding games too) then it sounds like these devs have really f***ed this up.

On the official forums there are others with this problem, only a minority but it's been going on since 2017. Disgusting.

User Info: scarecrow_boo1

scarecrow_boo1
5 days ago#9
LoDxRoshi posted...
Can't even play the game lol, I get a message whenever it starts saying PS4 is too hot and it insta-shutdowns..

Except... It's only for this game and it's the first time I've ever seen this message.

Put on ANY other game, works no problem as always, try DbD? Insta-shutdowns my PS4.

So basically this game gets a 0/10 for not even being stable on the PS4 years after its release. Hell, I got this for free and I feel ripped off.

even if u start play the frames drops are so bad so you quit the game

now i found out why this game came for free

User Info: DarKStaR350z

DarKStaR350z
5 days ago#10
LoDxRoshi posted...
DarKStaR350z posted...

It really isn't my vents or PS4 dude. The issue is it can't get passed that bit because of the forced shutdown.

I won't lie and say my PS4 is 100% clean but it was cleaned out completely a couple of weeks back. If it can handle every other game no problem (and much more demanding games too) then it sounds like these devs have really f***ed this up.

On the official forums there are others with this problem, only a minority but it's been going on since 2017. Disgusting.

That's cool, I wasn't trying to be rude or anything :)
Just thought it might be worth a try.
There are a few people who it seems to be happening to :(
Even mine sounds like a plane taking off on the 'push X to continue' screen but as soon as it's on the main menu it goes down to normal.
I read it was because the title screen has an uncapped frame rate, though I'm no expert on that.
Something else might be worth trying as an idea, try booting the console up fresh and loadin straight into dbd after it's not been used for a while like when it's been off overnight or something?
Maybe if the ps4 hasn't been doing anything it'll last long enough to get past that screen and might even not happen once you've got through it once, worth a try I guess even though you shouldn't have to go through this :')
The only other thing I can think of is if you leave the console on rest mode rather than powering off?
If so maybe that could be a factor?
Hope you manage to get it going somehow!
If nothing works id take it to the official forums where others have mentioned it under Tech Issues and add your experience so maybe they can patch the problem out in future :)
PSN: DarKStaR350z
  1. Boards
  2. Dead by Daylight
  3. The people who made this are trash.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.