• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Zanki Zero: Last Beginning
  3. So I have a question about cloning

User Info: Chris-Hansen

Chris-Hansen
10 months ago#1
Exactly how does it work?

Is it just making a new body for them or is it just making an exact copy?

Like, are we talking something like Dr. Gero putting his brain in the robot or is it like making a Mewtwo out of Mew's DNA.

When they die, do they truly get resurrected or is it just a 2.0 copy?

Are there just a million Zens and Harutos running around in the afterlife or is it all the same soul?

So I guess what I'm asking, are the clones the same person as the original or is it just creating new life exactly as it was before they kicked the bucket? Is the original still dead?

Because I'm not sure how I feel about killing my squad over and over just to replace them with exact replicas.

Also, for what its worth, Minamo is best girl. Although, it gets a little weird when she's in child and elderly mode and she doesn't stack up well when compared to the DR girls. This has been my report as an offcial waifu connoisseur.

User Info: reaper0123

reaper0123
10 months ago#2
While I dont have much to say about the other stuff, I van say you are in fact wrong. Yuma is best waifu.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Xenoriddley?feature=mhee

User Info: Gasmask866

Gasmask866
9 months ago#3
So they make a new body, but they transplant over memories. Souls aren't mentioned at all, and I don't think there is an afterlife mentioned at all.

All waifus are S-tier in this game.

User Info: Chris-Hansen

Chris-Hansen
8 months ago#4
Gasmask866 posted...
So they make a new body, but they transplant over memories. Souls aren't mentioned at all, and I don't think there is an afterlife mentioned at all.

I mean.... There doesn't need to be a mention of souls/afterlife for it to exist since its such a basic concept.

That's like saying Hermit Crabs or succulent magnum dongs don't exist because there's no in-universe mention of them

User Info: Dragon boy

Dragon boy
4 months ago#5
Slow board so I dont mind posting after months but yea thats my issue (and what trips me out when I think too hard about it) with the whole concept of clones and consciousness basically the original dies and then a brand one is made but memories of the original is transferred making it think it just woke up and continuing on, kinda like if your phone or computer dies and you get an exact replacement and redownload everything from your backup/cloud/ect and it was saved right up to the time of failure, when you use your phone it would seem like the samething, you could start right off where you left off, have all your apps, pictures, ect on it, effectively being the same phone you had but technically it isnt. If it was you, you'd die and cease and wouldnt know anything past your death, but in the world there'd a copy of you continuing on with your memories and personality, but it'd be a separate consciousness, but that'd also depend on your concept and belief on where consciousness originates from if its cemented in the body or if its some other energy operating on a higher dimension(soul)
Gasmask866 posted...

Not entirely correct, even though it was done as an offhand manner dr love's explanation of why Sachika's arm and leg weren't regenerated was since those were the only parts cremated and are at peace, other than that they had no real explanation why but that could also in a way mean since they are tethered by the x keys their souls dont pass on and would align with shinto view on spirituality. So if their consciousness or soul is tethered by the x keys then it would imply it is the same person so their souls would be physically housed/bound in the x key

But this is just conjecture from what I can understand from the game's world and our own concepts of "life"
I'm back
(edited 4 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Zanki Zero: Last Beginning
  3. So I have a question about cloning
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A