Thought living closer to a dedicated server meant better connection?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: WWII
  3. Thought living closer to a dedicated server meant better connection?

User Info: Dyson

Dyson
3 months ago#1
I live around 3 hours from a server that is suppose to be in Chicago, common sense would say that should mean I would have really good game connections. Nope..although I don't skip around gun engagements are really bad. Am I basically being punished for living close to a server?? Trying to make sense of the bs.
PSN ID - Dyson350

User Info: iiiiiiiiiiiii

iiiiiiiiiiiii
3 months ago#2
your network is only as good as your ISP, hardware, and traffic conditions.

User Info: Zed7777ZR1

Zed7777ZR1
3 months ago#3
I think the matchmaking isn't working properly.

There's people who will tell you this is lag compensation at work.

Another crowd will tell you there's Skill Based Match Making (SBMM, which I prefer to call Numbers Based Match Making since you can manipulate it)

Then there's the final crowd, which I belong to, which says SHG don't know what they're doing and their matchmaking system is still in the testing phase and shouldn't be allowed commercial use yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waqSyf5JqCI updated 28/02/2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61jrZ8h9ddc Ghost Ship Chaos Solo Trinity Run. Resident Evil Rev1

User Info: Moodvayne

Moodvayne
3 months ago#4
Sounds like crap internet. Who’s your ISP?
Check out the best of me, lulzPIE in my "Best Of" playlist
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL23hsccg9BCjYM7rWnYJitBgkRKrDKZCh

User Info: Dyson

Dyson
3 months ago#5
Moodvayne posted...
Sounds like crap internet. Who’s your ISP?

Comcast Xfinity but as far as connection to anything else it seems to work just fine.
PSN ID - Dyson350

User Info: levelshooter

levelshooter
3 months ago#6
Deds Lol. Once you're in a match it's p2p.
-come on Rare release a good banjo game. You know you want to :)

User Info: nuschler2212

nuschler2212
3 months ago#7
Hers the straight answer....

You're being punished.

If you haven't already, play MW2 or CoD4 and let me know how the connection is. You can still find rooms that aren't hacked.

I can play those and dominate because the lag compensation is well implemented. That's with a low player population with higher latency.

The better your connection in this game, the more youre punished.

Also, Activision is saying there is no SBMM and even pro players are calling bull on that. SBMM groups likely skilled players together with little concern for latency.

Also, Blops 3 (a terrible game) has a network connection tool that let's you see how well you're connecting. I frequently averaged 30-40 ms latency with zero packet loss and had a terrible connection all the time because of lag compensation.

Thr people that argue its not there are benefitting from it.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: WWII
  3. Thought living closer to a dedicated server meant better connection?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived