• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Code Vein
  3. Devs will consider adding height slider after October.

User Info: Aki_Leaves

Aki_Leaves
1 year ago#1
http://puu.sh/ErzcI/3b4cfc0ac1.jpg

https://www.code-vein.com/blog/?p=1233

translation and then original Japanese source above. If I recall correctly, there was a height slider in alpha.
PSN: Aki_Leaves
I am always open to helping others in Bloodborne co-op, feel free to message me here or on PSN.

User Info: VermilionX

VermilionX
1 year ago#2
like i always say

im cool with as long as hit and hurtboxes don't change with the height
CFN: Zerokage me and my bike! GSX-R750 K6
https://imgur.com/5dkx5Ah RIP 2006-2019

User Info: demonfire922010

demonfire922010
1 year ago#3
VermilionX posted...
like i always say

im cool with as long as hit and hurtboxes don't change with the height
They cant really win. On one side they have people like you but on the other side is the people calling them lazy because a 4'8 girl and 6'5 girl have the same hitbox.

User Info: Aki_Leaves

Aki_Leaves
1 year ago#4
demonfire922010 posted...
They cant really win. On one side they have people like you but on the other side is the people calling them lazy because a 4'8 girl and 6'5 girl have the same hitbox.

If they make the short npcs have the same hitbox, might as well let the player character.
PSN: Aki_Leaves
I am always open to helping others in Bloodborne co-op, feel free to message me here or on PSN.

User Info: shadowmaksim

shadowmaksim
1 year ago#5
I think people are somewhat underestimating what needs to be accounted for to properly implement a height slider.

With how story/cutscene heavy the game is, a significant range of height options potentially can mess up the cinematography of a bunch of moments. Much less gameplay reasons as already mentioned.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be done though. If Shift can find a way to make it reasonably work, then awesome. I'm just saying that it's a bit understandable why there wasn't one in the first place.

User Info: GodMWOLF

GodMWOLF
1 year ago#6
Funny how people who get the game later will have a much better experience than us day one purchasers
Only if you're my partner in time
Psn:mwolfizcool

User Info: Miu_san

Miu_san
1 year ago#7
shadowmaksim posted...
With how story/cutscene heavy the game is, a significant range of height options potentially can mess up the cinematography of a bunch of moments. Much less gameplay reasons as already mentioned.

you would think that would be a problem, but in god eater 3, they solved the problem by having phym having variable height in and out of cutscenes. basically, the height would be applicable in the base and in cutscenes, but not on the field where you can't really tell since you're hunched anyway. and even then they could just use the specific custom height presets they used for NPCs like mia and yakumo's height that are already functioning.

as for me I have no problem with height but its nice for options.

User Info: psycofang

psycofang
1 year ago#8
GodMWOLF posted...
Funny how people who get the game later will have a much better experience than us day one purchasers

Early adopters are usually the ones to make a game better (or worse usually) through our requests.

User Info: Hemerukio

Hemerukio
1 year ago#9
GodMWOLF posted...

You could say the same for... any Soulslike, really? The patches that fix busted stunlock infinites and balance overpowered weapons in DS3 for example. Or just the expansion content in general.
PSN: Everember
Saber and Emiya belong in Smash Ultimate.

User Info: Miu_san

Miu_san
1 year ago#10
Hemerukio posted...
GodMWOLF posted...

You could say the same for... any Soulslike, really? The patches that fix busted stunlock infinites and balance overpowered weapons in DS3 for example. Or just the expansion content in general.

this game spent an additional year cooking when it was basically already done.
  1. Boards
  2. Code Vein
  3. Devs will consider adding height slider after October.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A