• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Code Vein
  3. Is God Eater worth playing through?

User Info: Touch

Touch
1 week ago#1
I had forgotten I got God Eater Resurrection for cheap a while back. I didn't get very far. But Code Vein has drummed up my interest in the series again. I've played Monster Hunter World which I enjoyed a lot. And on the other end of the spectrum I also played Dauntless...and I enjoyed it for a while also lol
https://i.imgtc.ws/6bQHG9L.gif

User Info: RayMaster94

RayMaster94
1 week ago#2
It can be fun, but the main story is a bit of a slog to get through.
I am the mighty pop-tart wizard!

User Info: Zaigou

Zaigou
1 week ago#3
I downloaded GER way back some months ago. I like the concept...but damn if I understood anything on how to actually kill the f***ing Aragami later on. I got to the point the game was introducing these giant gorilla ones and at that point, I had no clue how to kill them effectively. So I kinda dropped it.

A shame, because from what I hear, the story might move at a slug pace but does get exponentially better as you go further in.
PSN: Luminos564. ~And now for: Card games....ON MOTORCYCLES.~

User Info: celesheim

celesheim
1 week ago#4
Zaigou posted...
I downloaded GER way back some months ago. I like the concept...but damn if I understood anything on how to actually kill the f***ing Aragami later on. I got to the point the game was introducing these giant gorilla ones and at that point, I had no clue how to kill them effectively. So I kinda dropped it.

A shame, because from what I hear, the story might move at a slug pace but does get exponentially better as you go further in.
The Kongou? Best way I do it is smash the back first and then go from there.

If you're struggling I'd look up custom bullet recipes to help farm materials to get some decent gear.

You can usually get by with just dashing around and occasionally shield uses
Randomly floating around the universe

User Info: MorphBaller

MorphBaller
1 week ago#5
If you already have it then give it a try and see. I think GE is a lot of fun, definitely worth a shot if you like the boss hunting genre. The place it is really lacking in is monster variety though, which can get repetitive after some time. The first game also doesn't have as many weapon classes as later games. It's still pretty good despite those flaws.

User Info: VermilionX

VermilionX
1 week ago#6
i got ressurection for free when i got GE2RB for like 5$

i only tried GE2RB... it was too janky and the missions were boring to me.

so i can only imagine i would not like GE1 even more.
CFN: Zerokage me and my bike! GSX-R750 K6
https://imgur.com/5dkx5Ah RIP 2006-2019

User Info: _Val_

_Val_
1 week ago#7
It's a pretty good series if you enjoy the monster-hunting style, but with a faster gameplay than actual MH games. At least that was my impression, I never got into MH since I didn't like the gameplay, but I loved God Eater.

The story is a bit slow to take off yeah , mostly until you get to know the other characters, then there's some really good parts. And then it gets kinda wacky in GE2, but that's another story.

Zaigou posted...
I got to the point the game was introducing these giant gorilla ones and at that point, I had no clue how to kill them effectively

It's been a while since I played Resurrection but IIRC that's around the point when you're supposed to regularly switch around weapons and elements to match enemies weaknesses and aim for their weak spots (the tail for them), or you'll have an increasingly hard time breaking their parts and killing them.

But gawd, I hated these freaking monkeys too.

VermilionX
1 week ago#8
i heard GE3 combat is improved

so that makes me wanna get it later on bargain bin

but unfortunately... i heard missions are still just arena battles as usual

User Info: dthorn90

dthorn90
1 week ago#9
VermilionX posted...
i got ressurection for free when i got GE2RB for like 5$

i only tried GE2RB... it was too janky and the missions were boring to me.

so i can only imagine i would not like GE1 even more.

GER is better in my opinion. It is more polished than 2 because it came out after and had extra features added. I prefer GER to GE2RB.
PSN: darin_syxxman

VermilionX
1 week ago#10
dang... looks like PC port of GE3 is bad accdg to steam reviews.
  1. Boards
  2. Code Vein
  3. Is God Eater worth playing through?
  • Post New Message